Feeling Low - hardly lost any weight

EatPrayLove

Hiya,

I'm a week in an have only lost 3 lbs but I'm pretty sure I'm soo to go into ketosis - just gone through a terrible day of the Atkins Flu, but not had the headaches or the metallic taste in mouth.

I feel a little better now, but it's so hard, when the weight isn't budging and I'm six days in.:confused:

I've not taken my measurements because I'm actually worried I've not lost there either. I know up to 15lbs in Induction is what the book says, and I'd be happy with less, but 6lbs in 2 weeks (if I can manage it feels like a lot of effort for such little reward.

Sorry having a moan - still got flu-like symptoms and not been able to exercise for almost 4 days now. Plus being at home ill means I've not been able to get to Boots and get my bars, so now having massive withdrawals of my 'treats' - there's only so much salad I can take! :grumble:

3lbs a week is a good average loss. On a total meal replacement diet they say an average of about 3-4lbs a week is usual. I think ur doing well n to be fair after six days u can't really say ur stalling. It takes ur body a few weeks to adjust to this woe.

Thanks Claire - I'm so used to big losses from Exante, I keep expecting the same in Atkins. If that's average then okie dokie. I have no idea, because most people I know who have done Atkins have a lot more to lose than me, and their losses were huge in Induction.

I think I'm in the ketosis slump! But have discovered MiMs so will try that to cheer me up!

2-3lbs a week is roughly average I think for a female on Atkins. If uv moved over from exante I'd even expect a slight gain or stall due to ur body adjusting to being able to eat again etc. Stick with it :)

2-3 lbs is perfectly reasonable. The only time people get a really big loss initially is if they are really carbed up and have loads water retention which then disappears fast. The important thing is that you can eat quite a lot of cals, enjoy food AND lose weight steadily:)

I note you say you were enjoying treats - beware of atkins bars - they notoriously stall or slow people. Once a week as a treat - not every day:eek:

Mims should be ok - max of one per day ...actually i used to stick to half

Good luck and keep going:D

Back