feeling miserable

Dietingdon

Silver Member
OMG, Im so hungry. On day 5, and in ketosis but I want food. The Idea of a shake makes me feel sick to my stomach, I can't say I really like them, just force them down. But the idea of quitting makes me miserable too, I can't win. Just feel Im going to be fat forever :sigh::sigh::cry:

Hi, firstly thank you for posting!
it takes a lot to stand up and say its not going amazing. This is a journey and it is a bloody hard one, you've done 5 days which is bloody amazing, that is a start and i think this first week is the hardest. Stand firm.
This is where you make that choice, this is where you show you are in control of your future. Yes you could quit but you won't. We all have moments like this, when i feel like i could quit, i stand infront of the mirror and look at my belly, or i put on jeans are too tight and i know shouldn't be.
This diet works! there is no chance of it failing you. Only you can fail it. If you stay on it, you will lose weight! remember that. Give it a month. Try getting away from boredom, my biggest cue to eat is boredom. I've now got to the stage when i'm near bored i will watch something random on tv, getting away from food being my crutch, its not perfect but its how i cope right now. Drink water, tea, Dr Pepper Zero, coke Zero but stay focused Lass!!!

I think it's because I cant stomach the shakes, certainly not 2 a day (dont like the soup either) Im thinking about having 1 shake, 1 bar and a high protein meal per day. I know people say you have to have 3 of the products to get your full quota of vits and mins, but to be honest, Id still be getting more of them by doing this, than what I was eating before the diet.

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah you would, in Cambridge diet you can sub a "meal" in.
The only worry is that the meal adds hassle. The thing about exante is that it works as it is, i don't think i have the discipline to eat a strict meal to make up that third, especially if you are aiming for 200-300 kcal for it, it doesn't go far especially when you should be aiming for the majority of those kcals to be coming from protein.

To be effective any diet has to work for you, you have to be able to follow it. Don't do anything right now, lets have a bit of a think here, am sure other people will offer advice....

Is it just the shakes you have a problem with?
could you do one porridge and one bar and one shake?

Infact, i might cause an upset here but the main thing is to find a plan that you can maintain. If the shakes are the devil then maybe you should loose them. How about running with a porridge and a bar, and then having either a more porridge or maybe another bar. I realise this isn't in the rulebook BUT!!!! that would give you all your vits and it would still only be 600kcal - the big risk is that you would come out of Ketosis but the big point of ketosis is that its meant to surpress your hunger so if you feel hungry anyway then that obvs isn't working for you!!!! 5 Days is a good solid foundation. Go weigh yourself and tell me where you are now? lets see if that turtle has moved at all.

This diet isn't a one size fits all and maybe you just need to find the changes that make it work for you

I had a sneeky peek on the scales earlier, and it said Id lost 10lbs, with is great, I know. But sadly Im a glass half empty kinda girl, so just ended up thinking how much I still have to lose. I tried the porridge, and found it a bit like eating PVA glue. I think I managed on CD for as long as I did because their pre made shakes are lush, but I just cant afford cambridge. My thinking is, if a WS day is 3 packs (600 cals approx) and a 400 cal meal, if I had 2 packs and a meal, Id be within my calories, would obviously have to stick to low carb foods. Did think about 1 shake and 2 bars, but am worried it will knock me out of ketosis. I just feel I have such a massive amount to lose, if I feel like this on day 5, how on eath will I make it to month 5!

Bloody hell 10lb is a good jump!!!
you pick up 10lb worth of weights, it is noticiable difference!!
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE MOVE THAT TURTLE!!!! LETS SEE THAT MOVEMENT!!!

Now, the plan? 2 packs and a meal is reasonable, but it comes back to the issue of do you have time and discipline to do that 400kcal meal, i know from experience i don't!
Ketosis is meant to stop you feeling hungry, you will lose weight even if you're not in ketosis. IF you feel hungry now then its not working for you, my honest advice is you're doing amazing! lets keep going. If you honestly can't on this i would say go to two bars, and carry on. You will be on the same Kcal and see how you go first!
don't worry about 5 months time, forget the long game, when you see those numbers drop and people comment on your change thats how you manage, when you put on clothes without the worry if they are going to be a squeeze that is how you cope. Don't worry about that, lets just get "now" sorted, lets get something that works for you.

Hello!
You're doing fab! I know how u feel though I don't know how I made it through my first week with the shakes... Same as you dreaded having to have them!
I made the choc and banana ones hot with a tablet sweetener... What a difference! Also made the vanilla shake into a cake type muffin thing... How about trying the shakes these ways?? I've just started week 6 and have only made it this far through trial and error with the packs to find out what worked for me... All I have now is the choc n orange bar at lunch then a choc mousse and muffin for tea.....
Stick at it .... You're almost through the worst part and try experimenting with a way to get those shakes down!
Best of luck
FB xx

I would also definately recommend making the shakes hot... Especially the chocolate, with some sweeteners it's almost as good as the real thing! I only ever had one shake cold and it was pretty bad. I'm on 2 hot choc shakes and 1 tesco bar a day (can't stand the exante bars). It's all about finding something that works for you. X

I have had all my shakes hot so far, as its been so cold, the banana is palatable, and kinda so is vanilla if I have coffee in it. I would LOVE to know how to make the mousse/muffins with the packs.
Thank you all so much for you motivational words

I'm just having a mint hit choc at the moment (peppermint tea mixed with choc shake) it's lush x good luck x

Back