Feeling nervous : /

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Hi guys!

I'm starting the Atkins plan and am feeling really excited but really nervous at the same time!

Never done ANYTHING like this before and after reading and re reading all the info I'm still a tad bit confused (trust me, it doesn't take much!!!!)

Am I right in thinking that is induction phase I can ONLY eat what is stated on the list so no extras such as sauces, fruit etc?

What kind of losses have you all had? I'm getting married in 14 weeks and am wondering what kind of loss I could be hopeful for?

Thanks to anyone who replies! x

Hey!! Welcome aboard :)

Firstly yes u need to follow the list, fruits etc are a no no, I know it's hard to understand as fruit is good for u right!!?! But it's all about the carbs :)

Your first 4 weeks u can lose a stone maybe more!. Your first week loss will be the biggest.

Congrats on the wedding! How exciting :)

Hope this helps xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMinsjuay

Ive lost nearly 2stone in that time, but included an all inclusive hol abroad and xmas, Ive lost 6lb8 since last saturday sticking to plan. It is nerve wracking to start with as its the opposite of all the other diets, I did weight watchers for yrs and yrs but Atkins/low carb is the only one that actually works for me and I always get fantastic results. BUT- you have to want to do it and be motivated to do it, not because others want or expect it - it must be you, as your the one doing it. When I start I always had a sneaky peek at the scale about the 3rd or 4th day and honestly my eye balls always fly out. You'll pee like a race horse to start with as the glucose molecules uncouple from the water molecules, as they stick together and as the glucose depletes from your liver and you move into ketosis - drink drink drink lots of water, you might feel awful if your a coffee fan and you body starts losing carb craving (can take about a week) youll crave everything that you cant have - thats normal, look at the stickys above on what you can eat and eat every 2-4hrs in small amounts, I find this helps massively with cravings and hunger. You can do it - just stick on here for help and advise, were all behind you xxx

Thank you for replying! I don't eat much fruit so that's not a problem and I won't feel like I'm missing out.

One
More question if you don't mind! It says that I have to have 20g carb a day. If 12-15 is from veg and meat, egg are 'free' as it were, what do I use the extra 5g of carbs on? Confused.com haha!!!!

Its just a guide, you dont have to eat 20g every day, my average is 8-13g/day as I am a fruit lover (normally) and I do miss it, but its coming in again at a later date. I hate veg and never eaten it - I do eat cucumber with my tin of tuna for lunch but in the veg dept thats it. Eggs are free, I have 2 for breakfast or I have a protein shake (I use PHD Pharma Whey HT Protein) which has 1.1g carbs per serving and 18.2g of protein, I also have this for snacks too and after weight training. Ask as many Q's as you want - thats what were all here for.

PS: Keep a motivation sock too - keeps you going and that way you can feeeeeeeeel the weight in the hands - massive motivator!!!! Go girl xxx

Thank you for the lovely welcome and taking the time to answer! I can't wait to get started and see how I get on! Looking forward to going back to basics and enjoying the taste of proper food although I expect I'll be on here lots looking for advice and asking loads of questions haha!!! X

Hi Missgalaxy and welcome :)

Low carb can be a bit confusing at first but you'll soon get the hang of it! Everyone here is really friendly and helpful. It's also a good idea to use a counter like My Fitness Pal to track your carbs for a while, you will be amazed how sneaky they can be :D

And I know eating full fat flies in the face (all those f's!) of everything you've believed is good for you, but the evidence is really mounting that reducing carbs in the form of potatoes, bread and wheat have real long term health benefits. Have a read online of Gary Taubes, who really explains the whole "eat fat to burn fat" thing.

Everything as sandy T says and susie :)

Ask away Hun :)

And start a diary!! There great for advice and a gossip ha!! We like to talk :D

When r u starting xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I start in the morning, how does this sound for my first day?

Breakfast - omelette with mushroom

Lunch - tuna salad, sugar free jelly

Dinner - chicken quarter seasoned with herbs with a mixture of veg

Am I on the right track? X

Perfect menu!!! Xxx

I have Come off plan today so I'll be joining u tomorrow on the journey back into ketosis :)
Xxx

Yep perfect day, I personally keep the protein high in first few days so im not hungry, protein is a natural appetite suppressant, while the carbs creep out. I also use 'carb diet' app and I track everything, you can add everything and recipes to count carbs, its totally blank to start and you build it to suit and you can add prev items for quickness, it monitors your weight and BMI too, add tells you how many carbs you have left, how many kcal/prt/fat you've had too and you can adjust weights of foods and itll add the carbs for you brill little tool.

I agree with the protien! You can get hungry when ur body is going into ketosis so if u want to snack it best snacking on cooked meat or just any protien :) xxx

Hi Sandy

That app sounds brilliant but what's its full name? I'm in the App Store and can see - Carb Counter (free), iLowCarbDiet (free), Low Carb Diet Assistant (£1.99) - and there are loads of others :)

Its just called Carb Diet, its a green plate with a knife and folk on it. not sure if it was free, cant remember that far back, but I like it.

Really!!!! im sure it was either free or 69p - it most be popular for them to shove the price up that much.

Back