Feeling nervous

lala

I'm sure this is quite normal on your last normal day isn't it? I feel like I hadn't really given it enough thought before I decided what to do and suddenly my first meeting is tomorrow!

I'm sure it will be fine, just feel slightly angsty! :confused:

You will be absolutely fine. :)
It's natural to be a little nervous, just make sure you don't over-carb yourself tonight... it'll make the next week more difficult from cabohydrate withdrawal! (don't be scared :eek:) Once this goes, you'll fall into place. :D

Look at it as a new chapter in your life, a new beginning. The rewards are worth it at the end of the road!
WELL DONE for taking the first step! It's the most important step of all!

;)

hi there
i was really nervous/excited on my 'last' day - it seems so long ago now!
good luck, it will be fine - i really can't believe how easy/quickly its going - on day 48 already, it really seems just a couple of weeks
daisy x

Same here i agree with Daisy, im in RTM almost and it has flown by. You are on the right path and we are all here with you on the same ride, so welcome to the boards lala :)

Dont worry

We all felt like that as we were about to start. I think it's partly because you have to wait between making the decision and actually starting, no bad thing. You do have to be determined for it to work,but it really does. Good luck.

:welcome2:

We all felt like that as we were about to start. I think it's partly because you have to wait between making the decision and actually starting, no bad thing. You do have to be determined for it to work,but it really does. Good luck.

Wow SB i now know what you and i would look like combined lol Loosing 12.5 stones is mind blowing!!

Welcome and good luck for your first meeting / first day!

The feeling nervous is perfectly normal, for the most part I think that's the "fat" you in your head knowing that it's time is almost up but your "slim" voice is too quiet at the moment to compensate for it :p

And as the others said, you won't believe how fast the time goes. I've done 122 days now, and it seems like no time at all since my first meeting!

Not thought about it in terms of willpower for quite a while now to be honest! The plan changes your thinking so much that what you think of in terms of "willpower" when you are overweight is very different to what it becomes as you get closer to your goal.

For almost my whole life, "willpower" was the phrase that essentially translated into "purposely and difficultly depriving yourself of the things you love (i.e. f**d)" whereas now, "willpower" translates more into "weighing up the pro's and con's of having X and making a sensible, adult decision about it", which actually is very little about 'will'power at all, just proper though process :)

Hopefully you'll find your way to that thinking too :)

I hear what you're saying. For me its just got to a crucial stage in my life where I HAVE to do something. I see it as drastic situations cause for drastic measures. In my mind its a battle because I want to have food and take the easy way out but then I think there's so much more positive things I can/will experience if I stick with it. I have a little boy now and I got married in October so that alone brings complete life changes and alters your mindset. I want to be able to play football with him in the park and go swimming, something that i wouldn't contemplate at the moment.
Willpower/Changing your thought process, whatever you want to call it, 122 days is a fantastic achievement.

I agree with Pete

I used to think it was will power, but now I realise it's all about choice.
Mike Scott 's (Ice Moose) newsletter last week was a light bulb moment for me. He talked about riding a bike. He's knwon how to do that since he was a child, he still knows how to ride a bike, but now he is an adult he chooses to drive a car instead. Just because we know HOW to do something doesn't mean we CHOOSE to do it.
We have the power to choose to eat sensibly or to over eat and get back to where we were.
That's when the motivation also helps. Big Boy you've got your new wife and child now who need you to be fit and healthy for all the reasons you've mentioned. Whenever you feel wobbly think of them.
Good luck, you'll be fine.
Welcome to LL it can change your life. It will if you let it.

You will be absolutely fine. :)
It's natural to be a little nervous, just make sure you don't over-carb yourself tonight... it'll make the next week more difficult from cabohydrate withdrawal! (don't be scared :eek:) Once this goes, you'll fall into place. :D

Look at it as a new chapter in your life, a new beginning. The rewards are worth it at the end of the road!
WELL DONE for taking the first step! It's the most important step of all!

;)

Thanks Minerva - I am feeling a lot more 'in the zone' today. My house is lovely and tidy, my daughter has been adorable, I have planned meals for her and my husband that I'm not fussed about for this week. Hopefully it'll go quickly.

Am a bit worried about carb and sugar withdrawal, but if it only lasts a few days, I've done worse (I was in labour for 76 hours for a start!).

hi there
i was really nervous/excited on my 'last' day - it seems so long ago now!
good luck, it will be fine - i really can't believe how easy/quickly its going - on day 48 already, it really seems just a couple of weeks
daisy x

Oooh, it's good to hear it goes quickly anyway! You've done really well to get through 48 days :D

Same here i agree with Daisy, im in RTM almost and it has flown by. You are on the right path and we are all here with you on the same ride, so welcome to the boards lala :)

Thanks Huseyin, well done for getting to RTM, it must be lovely to see the end in sight! I'm *almost* excited today. A new beginning!

Welcome and good luck for your first meeting / first day!

The feeling nervous is perfectly normal, for the most part I think that's the "fat" you in your head knowing that it's time is almost up but your "slim" voice is too quiet at the moment to compensate for it :p

And as the others said, you won't believe how fast the time goes. I've done 122 days now, and it seems like no time at all since my first meeting!

Thanks Pete, I think my slim voice has been silenced for so long, it can't get itself heard over the booming big fat one!

I am feeling almost excited today though, I'm looking forward to my first weigh in!

and so you should be, you are about to join us in the woderful world of liquid lol.

You are going to awesome and you are going to loose so much weight :)

Do get some pics up when you can so we can all see you before and eventually after :) by the way dont ever be shy to ask anything and nothing sounds silly to us no matter what you may think

Hi Lala and welcome to the rest of your life!!!

No worries are needed, it's a doddle compared to labour of any length (my son was 73 before emergency C too.) The whole process really takes care of itself if you let it. You shouldn't feel hungry and the time flies by and you emerge like a butterfly at the end. Any problem are not to do with your body, it's your head trying to take over and that's what your LLC, group and us lot are for! We're great at puting you in charge when other bits of you think they should be.

Welcome Lala, the time literally flys by, as does the weight. I can't believe it's almost March already, still feels like I'm a newbie to LL/minimins.

Enjoy the journey, embrace the excitement and when things get tough come on here.

Thanks Slendablenda - you have done SO well, look at you in those trousers (surely they were never yours?).

I think you're right that the gap in between making enquiries and the first meeting gives you a bit of a chance to process what you're letting yourself in for. I almost felt like chickening out yesterday, but hey, I can't be obese forever with my weight creeping up and up. At some point I have to do this, and I'm sure once I have I'll wonder why I didn't do it YEARS ago.

Thanks for your welcome :D

I hear what you're saying. For me its just got to a crucial stage in my life where I HAVE to do something. I see it as drastic situations cause for drastic measures. In my mind its a battle because I want to have food and take the easy way out but then I think there's so much more positive things I can/will experience if I stick with it. I have a little boy now and I got married in October so that alone brings complete life changes and alters your mindset. I want to be able to play football with him in the park and go swimming, something that i wouldn't contemplate at the moment.
Willpower/Changing your thought process, whatever you want to call it, 122 days is a fantastic achievement.

Yes, you're exactly right, having kids does change things. I can run around after my daughter still (no choice!) but I hate the thought of being a bad role model to her. My nephew is 6 and he is already giving me advice about healthy eating!

Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Back