Extra Easy Feeling no different! :(

nadine21

I've lost almost 2 stone (half a pound to go) in 7 weeks and I feel like I look no different. Im feeling quite disappointed that nobody is noticing too which can be quite disheartening. I've been working so hard at it and it's obviously paying off as the scales are showing and I've been slimmer of the week 5 out of 7 weeks, hope I start to see a change soon as I'd love some confidence back. I'm so thrilled that I've almost reached my first 2 stones target but wish I could allow myself a little lenience as I can't help feeling like it's just not good enough. Anyhow sorry for whining on, feeling a tad emotional this week, going to pick myself up by having an early night and a nice walk tomorrow :) xx

Well done on a great loss!!! I bet people are noticing but don't want to say, it must have gone somewhere!!! Stay positive Hun it takes time for your brain to catch up! I still feel as big as I ever was and I was 28st when I started this journey! I still find it weird not pickin up a size 32. Just keep it up and don't get too strict with yourself - relax and follow the plan. Maybe keep a photo diary or measure inches too. Well done!!!! X

Try some exercise, it helps tone up and your shape changes, then go out and buy something that makes you look slimmer, it needn't be expensive, I bought some long sleeved t shirts from Matalan for £4.50, and got loads of compliments

Thanks so much! Ooooerrr photo diary scares the life out of me haha I'd want to burn them straight away. I've avoided getting my picture taken for years, I actually havent been in one since I was 14 so that's like 7 years! Hanging in there and keeping strong despite feeling like a lump still! Can't wait to be happier in myself and get back to enjoying my life without worrying about my wobbly bits! Hope you are doing well, keep up the good work x x

I have been exercising and eating good, that I'm doing right, I'm just not feeling the change despite it being there if that makes sense. My clothes are getting baggier, trying to put off buying too much since my body will be constantly changing but we shall see, two weeks till Christmas, hopefully another half stone off would be nice. Then I'll buy my Xmas outfit and see how I feel about that, hope I can find something flattering, thanks for the advice x x

It took me quite a while to start feeling different. Like someone said buy some new clothes. I brought a pair of skinny tight fitting jeans, this shows off the weight loss.
I know how you feel, I met up with a group of friends in the summer and they didn't notice. Seeing them again at Xmas, maybe they'll notice this time.
Looking back over old photos and putting on your old clothes makes you realise where you've come from too.

Get your tape measure out. Sometimes what the scales don't show the measure does and vice versa :)

It's in your confidence too!! x

hiya,

must be disappointing when people and yourself can't notice yet.

How much do you have to lose? I think it might be relative to that, 2 stone in 7 weeks is a huge achievement, its taken me all year to reach that so give yourself a MASSIVE pat on the back.

Also great advice above about measuring yourself, how many clothes sizes have you gone down as well.

well done for you loss so far.
x

Hi all thanks for the replies! I've still got a bit to lose but that's a considerable chunk into it! Just as I'm whining I bumped into my cousin this morning who didn't know I've been doing s.w and she text me after to say I've lost loads of weight, that gave me the little boost I needed. As for the measurement idea I'm going to give that a try this afternoon and I've ordered a new dress for Xmas day it's a size smaller than I'm wearing now so fingers crossed it fits. I've basically come to the conclusion that I need to be patient and get a grip, I'm doing well and I should feel good about my achievements! Guess we all just need a pick me up here and there! Hope you've all had a good week x x

I'm feeling the same way. I've only been doing SW for about 6 weeks now and I've nearly lost a stone but I'm ITCHING to see the change in the mirror. I'm really impatient, I just want it to be noticeable straight away! :) It would help give me some motivation back I think, I'm starting to lose it a little bit this week.

I have lost 25lbs and I can't see a difference personally friends, family and colleagues all comment how I look different but my mind shrugs that off as them just being nice. Lol. But vumped into someone I haven't seen for over a year and he noticed immediately, which is nice. I think we gotta just keep going whether or not we see the difference!

I think the trouble is, we see ourselves every day. So when we're chipping away at our weight, we're not suddenly waking up one day, looking in the mirror and are 2 stone lighter.

OP, if you've lost 2 stone in7 weeks, that's 49 days and at least 49 looks in the mirror.

If you'd looked in the mirror on day one and again on day 49 I'm sure you'd have noticed, probably just doesn't feel like you have as it is gradual.

A photo diary really is a fantastic tool. You don't have to share it with anyone if you don't want, but it is great to be able to look at day 1 & day 49 next to each other xx

Thanks for replying guys! Your all right I guess it's frustrating but we must plod on. Keep wishing my life away between weigh ins though :p can't wait to have a peek next week as I lost 6lbs this week x x

stick with it! :) it took me 3-3.5stone before i started to notice and that included others too.

it is disheartening but you'll see the rewards for your hardwork soon good luck on the rest of your journey your doing such a fab job so far!! :)

xx

Everyone notices when you lose or put on weight, but it's such a touchy subject that most people don't comment unless you start the conversation. If you were to say to people 'I've been going to Slimming World and lost 2 stone' they will probably say 'yes I can tell, you're looking wonderful!'

I think I'd lost about 3 stone before I really started to notice - and it was when I started wearing smaller clothes. Up until that point my clothes had been getting looser and I felt like I looked worse cos nothing fitted, as soon as I put on a smaller pair of jeans people who I saw daily started to notice and paid lots of compliments.

2 stone in 7 weeks is AMAZING - well done!!!!

Fantastic weight loss that, well done. As you say keep plodding on, I have lost 2st 5lb and at target but many people havnt mentioned anything to me. You have done so well in such a short amount of time, you should be well proud of yersel !

Awh thanks guys! Bought myself some new clothes, boots and make up and have had my hair cut. People are now starting to comment on how different i look (weight wise) which is nice, but most importantly the hair and the new make up is making me feel a bit nicer. It sounds odd but ive not bought myself anything in so long so i went all out and i feel good for it, its nice to wake up ib the morning and feel more and more positive about yourself each day. I do know that i will have the odd bad day where i dont feel good about myself but what the hell, im only human. Lost another 2 pounds this week taking my loss to 2st 1.5 lbs, have upped the super speedy foods and exercise this week as id love to lose 5.5lbs to take my loss to 2st 7lbs just in time for xmas, a little ambitious, i know but i lost 6lbs last week so i know i can do it! Thanks for all the support guys, its much appreciated, wishing you lots of luck abd a fab xmas and new year xx

Awh thanks guys! Bought myself some new clothes, boots and make up and have had my hair cut. People are now starting to comment on how different i look (weight wise) which is nice, but most importantly the hair and the new make up is making me feel a bit nicer. It sounds odd but ive not bought myself anything in so long so i went all out and i feel good for it, its nice to wake up ib the morning and feel more and more positive about yourself each day. I do know that i will have the odd bad day where i dont feel good about myself but what the hell, im only human. Lost another 2 pounds this week taking my loss to 2st 1.5 lbs, have upped the super speedy foods and exercise this week as id love to lose 5.5lbs to take my loss to 2st 7lbs just in time for xmas, a little ambitious, i know but i lost 6lbs last week so i know i can do it! Thanks for all the support guys, its much appreciated, wishing you lots of luck abd a fab xmas and new year xx
Fab Nadine, you have a great xmas too x

How much do you have to loose? That will affect how you & other people see your weight loss. Somoene who's 10 stone overweight won't noitce a 2 stone weight loss as much as someone who is 3stone overweight.

Either way, you will be doing your body so much good by not being as heavy, and long term you will feel better.

Back