feeling really disheartened

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by candycaz, 27 May 2011 Social URL.

1. candycaz

candycaz Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    hey all
    its my third week on ss and today i was weighed with no loss at all :( i dont understand why, the only reason i can think of is i havent had enough water and i introduced the bars last week. anyway i just feel really depressed as its costing a lot of money and i feel like its not working :( x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kf12g10

Kf12g10 Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(3.05%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    There's a long post somewhere about water retention in week 3, lots of people have small losses or don't lose at all! I didn't lose at all last week but lost 4 and a half pounds this week. Don't give up!! It will come off next week if you stick to it :)

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    It was probably one of my long rambles :D but I can't find it. But basically, it goes like this:

No matter what diet you're on, you don't lose a consistent amount of weight each week. You don't even lose weight each week.

But whatever the scales say, you will be losing fat if you're sticking to the plan. I've heard folks say that what's happening is that your fat cells are losing the fat that's in 'em, but they're filling with water instead.

By and by, when your body's sure that it won't need to fill those cells with fat again, it'll let go of the water in them. And da da! Off comes the weight.

Sadly, you've fallen victim to a common Week 2 / Week 3 phenomenon - no progress on the scales. Scales lie. They can't always tell whether you've lost fat.

Don't be disheartened, Caz. What you're going through is entirely normal. Entirely frustrating, but entirely normal. Hang on in there! :hug99:

5. pink-sarah

pink-sarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cwp
    stick with it caz...look forward to next weeks loss

Lilly, thats perfect, id never of known any of that ... thanks

6. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    Listen to what Lily says, scales lie. if you are sticking to the diet you will be losing fat, even if the scales don't always show it,

7. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Yup - this time round is the first time in 3 serious attempts that I have lost more than a 1lb in the 3rd week. You're doing fiiiiiiine!

8. candycaz

candycaz Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    thanks all hopefully i will have a loss next Friday x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.