Feeling really fed up ...

reluctant_whale

Apologies for my moan, I just think I need kick up the *rse tonight. I stayed the same this week - no big deal ... however as much as I have tried to rationalise it has really bothered me. This is the 1st time this has happened since January 1st when I started this journey. My impacted wisdom tooth is making me feel like a bear with a sore head and ive thought about chips, crisps, battered sausages, and doughnuts ALL day .. like a woman possessed! Really odd as I can honestly say it's the first time these thoughts have entered my head. Dreading my pork chop and cauliflower mash .. just FED UP of "substituting" things I really fancy! FED UP of getting in after a killer day teaching and cooking .. preparing .. thinking.. again .. poor Matt looks gutted every night when it is yet another meat / veg combo for tea. Even though I know the way I was eating before made me feel rubbish.
Sorry for the moan guys, should have put it in my diary, but my diary is always very quiet.

Success is 90% psychology with me .. and right this moment my head is saying CAKE!!! (my good fairy is saying wedding dress, wedding dress though .. so I WONT slip up!)

RW x

((hugs)) sweetie. Hang in there! Sounds like wisdom tooth not helping - unfotunately know how you feel:eek:
Xxxx

Hi rw I know that feeling, I really enjoy my food when I am eating it but I am missing different textures of food. I am also missing "pudding" I think i am probably feeling like this as my weightloss is slow , I must say my body shape is definitely changing and I do feel slimmer. I intend carrying on with this way of eating and am trying to stop thinking of it as a diet :)

I think it is puddings I am really missing too Slaj and definately textures!! I am definately seeing it as a life change too - but boy cannot wait for "pre-maintenence!" I just really, really want a slice of cake .. anything! haha .. I think like you say it's texture based with me too!
Bless you both for your kind comments. I ate my chop and cauli followed by a pudding of "pork scratchings" .. and am treating myself to a post 6pm cup of tea .. because I NEED it tonight! RW x

I do look forward to my decaf coffee with splash of cream and when all else fails, stewed rhubarb with sweetener and cream. You have a wonderful incentive rw with your wedding coming up so stay strong , onwards and downwards!

I know it doesn't help much but I'm on Cambridge & haven't eaten since January! I'm moving to Atkins soon & am salivating over your menus.

Hi try this if it's something sweet you're after I found it in the recipe thread;

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
The recipe says it makes 10 but I can get at the most 8 out of the ingredients. I only make 6 now so they are a pretty good size!

Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.

MMM nom! I'll deffo try those once I get to the nut rung of OWL ! x

Put the equivant of your weight in a bag that you have lost and see how heavy it is, it helps me when I feel low and want to eat, just proves for me I am an emotional eater. Yes think of that beautiful wedding dress and the photos you will cherish forever, you want to look your best. X

Put the equivant of your weight in a bag that you have lost and see how heavy it is, it helps me when I feel low and want to eat, just proves for me I am an emotional eater. Yes think of that beautiful wedding dress and the photos you will cherish forever, you want to look your best. X

That is such a good thing to do.

I can vouch for that because I have access to one of those weight jacket thingies that you can load up with metal bars, and when I reached 33lbs lost I tried it on with that amount in it, and oh boy! I could barely get out of an armchair with it on, and when I tried going upstairs I thought I was going to collapse! :eek: Now, granted, my muscles have adapted over time to my lighter weight but, even so, it shocked me to think what my poor knees, ankles and feet have had to put up with :(

Definitely something to try if you've had a non-result on the scale - really brings it home what you've already achieved. :)

aww babes,i hope you start to feel better soon,the slump times really suck.
do have a look through the cooking threads,because there are some nice things you can have,
S/F jelly with whipped cream ?
oopsie tools,with whipped cream in the middle.
they have helped me when i've been down like when totm is here,
i'm going to try and find the meringue (sp) receipie today.
xx

Back