Feeling really low

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
I need to get myself out of this rut but I feel like I just can't without hearing from my bf.

I cried myself to sleep last night coz everyone else has heard and I haven't. Had a headache for the last 5 days and simply can't cope if this is what it's going to be like for the next 2 months!!

I feel like my emotions are all over the place and quite frankly my life is on hold. I carry my phone everywhere incase I miss him, coz that's happened before.

Help!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ohhh nooo hun private message me your fb and we can chat on there if you like x

Aw Bev....is there anyone else you can contact who can get hold of him? Like his parents?

I honestly do not know how you do it, but you need to stay strong, just get through it and he'll be home before you know it and you'll be on that fab holiday xx

you poor thing, try not to think of why he's not been able to contact you or you'll drive yourself mad, easier said than done I know.

Try to stay strong hun, hugs xx

Thanks everyone!

No - one can get hold of him unless we have to bring him home for emergency purposes.

We've tried every contact method! I spose if it gets any worse we might have to call his commanding officer but that might get him in trouble. :(( x

I've been there before Bev, used to work away so had plenty of long distance relationships, I know you'll want to phone his CO but you know its not the right thing to do, have his parents heard from him?

is there anything else thats stressing you out xx

No his dad and brother (his family) haven't.

Yeah I'm trying to stop his dad from calling the co. told him to send him an 'arsey' message and he rang. But then I'd had regular contact with him and didn't know they hadn't! Now neither of us are getting it.

Work isn't good but there's nothing I can do about that either and I try not to worry about that when I'm not there! X

When was the last time you heard from him hun? How did he sound on the phone?

It is difficult - there's no doubt about it. It is difficult for the boys on deployment and it is difficult for the families left behind.

Do you have any communication with his colleagues on his home base? I'm not sure if he has gone as part of a squadron or is on an individual deployment but there will be other people who can answer your questions, not just his CO. My hubby was a sgt in the RAF and often supported girlfriends of his boys who were on deployment - just because you aren't married doesn't mean they are not there for you too.

Do you live near his home camp? There may well be organised coffee mornings where you could become part of a support group - I used to organise these and the girls found it really useful. You may find you are probably not the only girlfriend who hasn't heard from the boyfriend, unfortunately boys are sometimes not as touchy feely as us girlies. :rolleyes:

Please try not to tie yourself up in knots hun. It's a horrible waiting game, I know it is, but when you do speak to him make the most of your few minutes on the phone. There were times when I wanted to rant, scream, cry, tell him about what the kiddies were up to, but in the end it was such a relief to hear from him I tended to put on an act to reassure him everything was OK at home.

Just remember ... days to do are getting few ... he'll soon be home.

(((Hugs)))

Ali* said:
When was the last time you heard from him hun? How did he sound on the phone?

It is difficult - there's no doubt about it. It is difficult for the boys on deployment and it is difficult for the families left behind.

Do you have any communication with his colleagues on his home base? I'm not sure if he has gone as part of a squadron or is on an individual deployment but there will be other people who can answer your questions, not just his CO. My hubby was a sgt in the RAF and often supported girlfriends of his boys who were on deployment - just because you aren't married doesn't mean they are not there for you too.

Do you live near his home camp? There may well be organised coffee mornings where you could become part of a support group - I used to organise these and the girls found it really useful. You may find you are probably not the only girlfriend who hasn't heard from the boyfriend, unfortunately boys are sometimes not as touchy feely as us girlies. :rolleyes:

Please try not to tie yourself up in knots hun. It's a horrible waiting game, I know it is, but when you do speak to him make the most of your few minutes on the phone. There were times when I wanted to rant, scream, cry, tell him about what the kiddies were up to, but in the end it was such a relief to hear from him I tended to put on an act to reassure him everything was OK at home.

Just remember ... days to do are getting few ... he'll soon be home.

(((Hugs)))

I last heard sat last week. I haven't spike to him by phone since my birthday over a month ago. He comes online and he said he felt happy in himself, and the best he's ever felt about us and can't wait to come home now.

My bf is part of a squadron out there but he's the only one of the squadron who is at a different home base. So I don't know any other wags from the squadron at all.

I know what you mean! At the moment I feel so angry and upset but I know I don't tell him that when he comes online. Though I did tell him I was fed up and missing him that I was upset coz I was relieved to actually hear he's doing ok. I know I shouldn't say that but I haven't told him how upset and up and down I really feel so that's something. If he knew that he really would be worried or at least I hope he would!!

59 to go. Seems so long!! :( xxx

I last heard sat last week. I haven't spike to him by phone since my birthday over a month ago. He comes online and he said he felt happy in himself, and the best he's ever felt about us and can't wait to come home now.

My bf is part of a squadron out there but he's the only one of the squadron who is at a different home base. So I don't know any other wags from the squadron at all.

I know what you mean! At the moment I feel so angry and upset but I know I don't tell him that when he comes online. Though I did tell him I was fed up and missing him that I was upset coz I was relieved to actually hear he's doing ok. I know I shouldn't say that but I haven't told him how upset and up and down I really feel so that's something. If he knew that he really would be worried or at least I hope he would!!

59 to go. Seems so long!! :( xxx

How do you message him? Email? Text? Chat?

How about sending him a nice old fashioned bluey or a love letter. I've kept a stash of the blueys hubby sent me over the past 20 years and he still has mine, lol!

It's quite therapeutic writing a letter :) Even if you don't send it!

Ali* said:
How do you message him? Email? Text? Chat?

How about sending him a nice old fashioned bluey or a love letter. I've kept a stash of the blueys hubby sent me over the past 20 years and he still has mine, lol!

It's quite therapeutic writing a letter :) Even if you don't send it!

We speak through private message on Facebook. I've lost count how many times I've sent an ebluey to him! He doesn't reply that way he'll come on facebook when he's free. :( xxx

Thanks Ali*

He came online finally an hour ago. He said comms where he is now awful. Most of the phone lines have been damaged and that the Internet is awfully slow and keeps cutting out. It's 6 weeks til their replacements arrive and do the handover a few days after they've settled in. Then it's about a week of handover I think x

Thanks Ali*

He came online finally an hour ago. He said comms where he is now awful. Most of the phone lines have been damaged and that the Internet is awfully slow and keeps cutting out. It's 6 weeks til their replacements arrive and do the handover a few days after they've settled in. Then it's about a week of handover I think x

least you know he is safe and there was an explanation for no contact. Hope you feel better now xx

tallsarah said:
least you know he is safe and there was an explanation for no contact. Hope you feel better now xx

Absolutely. It's annoying coz you know there's a reason but you worry no matter what til they get back on uk soil xxx

Ali* said:
Awww, so glad he's been in touch hun. That's another thing you can incorporate into your countdown - the day his replacement flies, lol!

Don't forget to tell his Mum and Dad he's been in touch :)

I have chick! I text his dad straight away copying and pasting what he said about comms. Hopefully his dad and brother can relax a little now x

Flibsey said:
do they still have the BFPO? could you send a snailmail bluey?

They do honey. They do an online version - ebluey now x

Back