Feeling rubbish after seeing myself in a Primark changin room

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Tanya c, 8 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Tanya c

Tanya c Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    :cry::cry:

Have just come back from a trip to Primark and feel really awful! I have been struggling on the plan recently due to being depressed but today when trying on a size 16 top when I used to be a 12- 14, really shook me. I can't believe how much weight I've put on:cry:
    And to top it, I'm on the 10th voucher of my doc's vouchers and haven't lost anything ... keep putting it back on.
    So won't be eligible for a 2nd set and really can't afford the ww fee due to finances.
    I'm also really sad cos I start a new job next Thursday singing once a week in a restaurant... I love what I do but I hate my size and won't be looking very slinky at all...

Sorry for moaning... Just really sad:cry:

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I do know how you feel. Singing in a restaurant is amazing! I don't know how on earth you do that with depression. Well done you. The adrenalin will get the seratonin levels high and help with the depression. Start again. You can and will do it

4. Janine 40

Janine 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cheap glass, cheap mirrors in Primark thats all. Chin up!! xx

5. xkatyannx

xkatyannx Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    aw hun dont worry, primark stuff always comes up small anyways x

6. missybct

missybct nomnomnom

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yup, Primark always comes up smaller. I struggle to get into anything in there and take a 16-18 everywhere else. xxx

7. chipbutty

chipbutty Full Member

:wave_cry:
    yes i have to agree that primark sizes are on the smaller size! congratulations on your singing job, wish i could sing! x

8. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    I would just like to add that primark trousers seem to always been 10-12 inches too long for me too!!! Which leads me to believe I am actually more undertall than overweight;):D

9. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I would not worry Primark is awful the best places for decent sizs is dorethy perkins and next IMO :)

10. weemissnaughty

weemissnaughty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    aw dont worry too much hunni... primark is evil lol - i always have to wear at least a size bigger in there than other places AND the mirrors never make you look good you look lovely in your photo and way to go singing in a resturant i soo wish i could sing lol!
    xx

11. smuller73

smuller73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.22%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Actually I have been convinced for some time that changing rooms mirrors are designed to make you look as awful as possible. I can't think why though as 9 times out of 10 if I look awful, I don't buy. About time changing rooms got some nice mirrors and lighting that is more flattering. Sizes change depending on where you buy. Anything imported from China or there abouts is guarenteed to be tiny no matter what size it says on the label.
    Oh and as far as Primark. Even the kids sizes come up small. My daughter is very small for her age and a size 4-5 dress my mum bought for her recently just fits her and is really short. (she's 3 1/2).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.