Feeling rubbish :(

floss

Sorry to post twice here today, I would really appreciate some encouragement. I don't know why but im craving everything...I thought this had gone as im on day 12 and it seemed to have! Im just feeling generally rubbish and I have a problem with binge eating so breaking this diet is a huge no no. I think im stressed as im waiting for bad news which is going to kill me to receive but even so...I wish I could cheer up! I can't even go for a drink :(

You are having cravings cause that's what your head does, often in response to stress or other triggers, it's easy to turn to food for comfort if that's what you've always done. You can change that, it's not easy and takes a bit of work but it can be done. I'm working through the beck diet solution to address my life long eating habits, it's really helping, but I'm taking it slowly at my own pace to help embed the changes I want and need to make. One good thing I have found since coming off plan and allowing occasions of giving into cravings - the desire is much nicer than actually giving in, and I no longer have the physical capacity to be able to satisfy the craving - and then I have an even stronger urge to exercise, very weird after 40 years of giving in! It can be done, and you can do it :)

Hi floss,
I am in week 5 and I still get really bad cravings, but I don't think I want the food now, my body just 'misses' all the sugars and rubbish- especially for the pick up when feeling low. Noodles is right, you really can change the habits, and I too now turn to exercise, even if it is just jumping on the spot or being extra vigorous with the housework to help the bad news/bad everything moody days.
Hope your feeling better soon and your news wasn't too bad HUGS :bighug:xxx

Thank you noodles and sunny, I really appreciate the support :)

Im feeling much better this morning...but im literally waiting for the postman with dread! I just hope I can keep it together after. I feel silly for being so dramatic but it's news about my future and it's not going to be good :( just hope I can stay positive and move past it.

Waiting! I was so down last night I even weighed myself to try and prove what a "stupid" diet I was on and was totally proved wrong! Thing it might be down to missing packs over the weekend due to being so busy/stressed but even so...a decent loss this week will help! Weigh in friday so we'll see. Aghhh I hate this waiting! x

Hope the news isn't as bad you are thinking x

Hope the news is not too bad. I agree with what the others have said. For me bad news and stress go hand in hand with eating rubbish. So its good that you are trying not to give in even a little. you will be so glad you managed tomorrow.
will the food actually help, will it be worth it, how would it make you feel after. Is there anything else instead, a hug, a hot water bottle, A walk round the block. some music,
Waiting really sucks! I find I can't think about anything else, which makes it worse.

Good luck!

Thankyou Hollycat. Yes firelass im exactly the same. It's not even about the food it's just a way of dealing with it! And the letter didnt even arrive today! I couldnt believe it...so still waiting! Luckily iv been talking to friends and stuff today and my cravings seemed to have subsided so it hasnt been as bad. Hopefully getting stronger everyday! My only issue now is I potentially have a few dates coming up and I can't not have a drink because it will look odd and I need the courage! Also the dog breath isnt a great side effect either! So if that happens I guess il just have to deal with it.

My only issue now is I potentially have a few dates coming up and I can't not have a drink because it will look odd and I need the courage! Also the dog breath isnt a great side effect either! So if that happens I guess il just have to deal with it.

Don't drink if you are ketosis it is potentially dangerous.
Say you are on anti-biotics and have to stick to soft drinks, not only will he probably ask you out again (cheap date :)lol!) but it will save you saying anything embarrassing or passing out if you are still on plan.

I went on the date and had cups of tea ahaha...it wasnt good. Oh well! Next :p x

I went on the date and had cups of tea ahaha...it wasnt good. Oh well! Next :p x

lol...never mind he obviously wasn't the one and not worth breaking the diet for. Plenty more fish in the sea :D

Absolutely...guess he liked me though as he asked me out again today! Aha...but it seems I have another date with someone different tonight...fun fun fun! AND we're going for a walk I think...bonus!

The news arrived. It was bad. But my new yummy bars order arrived too so that was a delish surprise! x

Sorry to hear your bad news has arrived - was it as bad as you thought?

Two dates in two nights :cool: Go girl!

Enjoy your walk tonight - are you going to give cup of tea man from last night another chance?

It was a rejection letter from a school Iv always wanted to go to. Im okay though :)

Haha yess...why not!

And no I don't think so...he text me today but he's really not for me unfortunately!

Sometimes I find it helps to think about the fact that it's just a feeling. But then actually other times I just want to stuff my face so maybe that's not helpful for you at all aha. How far in are you? You on cambridge not s&s? x

It was a rejection letter from a school Iv always wanted to go to. Im okay though :)

To study or work?

How was your walking date? Hope you liked him more than cup of tea man :)

It was nice...much better than the other one but not sure if i'll see him again either. Iv been a mess today...I had a really vivid dream about my ex last night...we were together...I was so happy. It has really put me down...everyday over a year later he is still in my head...constantly. I feel like i'll never get over it...all it does is hurt :( the need to binge has been unbearable.

Sorry to hear that. Am sure theres someone even more wonderful out there for you (or maybe a reunion ...who knows) ... But dont let it turn you to binge. Ive done that before and I feel worse after. I keep thinking to myself that by losing the weight im investing in myself for my future happiness ... And when Im happier I tend to attract better. Lol. O the guys Ive been on dates with! :-S put me off for life lol

Ah noo...a reunion will never happen. It would be totally stupid...not to mention he has moved on and my family would probably section me!

Im waiting for treatment for my binging as it's sort of ruled my life for years...a reason I chose this plan is because it's like cold turkey for me...but it's harder and harder. Aha its so true! Sad that it's the reality but true!

Still struggling but to be honest if I binge I know that's it i'll be stuck in that. Stupidly weighed again this morning and havnt lost for 5 days...put on 0.5...cue bad mood!

Back