Feeling stressed

dragoneye454

Hi all,

Sorry, I just need to vent.
I don't know what to do. I went out for a birthday Indian last Thursday and I was lucky enough to still lose and then I had to go to another birthday meal on the Saturday (thankfully after weigh in). But I just couldn't resist the desserts (ended up with eton mess because I thought at least the strawberries would be ok, which they ended up covered in syrup) and after going for the heathiest main they had (chicken bacon veg and sauteed potatoes) I was quite upset to find that the potatoes were actually deep fried and not sauteed and it was covered in a stilton sauce. :break_diet:

I am really scared of not losing this week and to top it off, I have another birthday this Saturday in exactly the same place and am feeling quite deflated with it all. I know you can flexi syn at a push, but three weeks in a row?! I really dont want to give up, but I feel quite helpless at the moment.

Well there is nothing you can do to change the past. Now you know you are going to the same place, you will know what to avoid.

And if something arrives with a sauce you weren't expecting, you can always push it to one side. Better still, ask in advance if something comes with a sauce, and request that it be left off, or served on the side. And you could have left the potatoes, or just had one or two.

Don't know what to say about a restaurant that would put syrup on strawberries in an Eton mess! That'st just beyond disgusting!

The thing to remember is this isn't a quick fix, it's meant to be a change for life. Sometimes life, and special events, get in the way and there's not a great deal you can do except try and make the best choices. Alternatively just enjoy your night out, drawn a line and move on :)

I'm quite cheeky when I go out to eat and ask them to change things on the menu. If for example something comes with chips, I'll ask for jacket potato or new potatoes. If it has a sauce, I ask for it on the side and not poured on top of my food. I ask to hold the butter or the mayo or how things are cooked if I'm not sure. No-one has looked down on me for it yet!

Look at it this way - you know what food is there and so you know what food to avoid or what changes need to be made to eat there again this week. Maybe have a starter and not a pudding if that's an option?

Its time to move on,just forget that now and get back on plan, there's nothing you cant fix hun, so just get back on plan and onwards and upwards to the next weigh in :)

Im like Jaq I always changed half my order out with healthier options, most places are accommodating,if theres something tempting on my plate i just end up giving it someone else now.

Jaq said:
I'm quite cheeky when I go out to eat and ask them to change things on the menu. If for example something comes with chips, I'll ask for jacket potato or new potatoes. If it has a sauce, I ask for it on the side and not poured on top of my food. I ask to hold the butter or the mayo or how things are cooked if I'm not sure. No-one has looked down on me for it yet!

Look at it this way - you know what food is there and so you know what food to avoid or what changes need to be made to eat there again this week. Maybe have a starter and not a pudding if that's an option?

See I tried this but the place I had lunch today refused :(( I'm going there again thurs night, maybe I'll go somewhere else!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everyone. I've had to pre order anyway as its a big party so have chosen mushrooms (can use healthy A to minimise sauce damage) which comes with salad and them I've asked for steak and replaced all the bad stuff with salad if they let me. The OH has even suggested making a nice dessert for when we get back.
Sorry for the whinge, Just got on top of me I think

good for you on making the best choices for you on the coming meal. and don't worry about the past ones you've had, its done now and clearly made me you think about things which led you to plan ahead. its all about learning as we go along and sometimes it works and other times it doesnt work out but ive learnt the main thing is to never beat myself up about it. just pick ourselves up, dust off and carry on :) enjoy your upcoming meal

Thanks everyone. I've had to pre order anyway as its a big party so have chosen mushrooms (can use healthy A to minimise sauce damage) which comes with salad and them I've asked for steak and replaced all the bad stuff with salad if they let me. The OH has even suggested making a nice dessert for when we get back.
Sorry for the whinge, Just got on top of me I think

One of the things I have to force myself to remember is something I read on here ages ago. "You don't have to eat all of it."

Like a lot of people I was brought up to clear my plate. But that was a long time ago, and it's not compulsory any more!

Back