Felix's new to SW diary!

Felix

Gold Member
Hi everyone :)

I am starting SW on Monday so thought I would start my diary to keep me on track. I have become a serial dieter over the past couple of years without even realising. I've tried WW, Celebrity Slim, Tony Ferguson, Cambridge, WW again, Cambridge again and again and again.... I was most successful on CD going from 15.13 down to 12.7 but have not been able to get back in to it, and went massively off the rails so now I'm back up to about 14.3 :(

A few years ago when I was around 16ish (I'm 21 now) I did the old 'core plan' on WW and found it to be quite good. I have heard very good things about SW and the Extra Easy plan seems to be pretty similar to the 'core plan' I did so I'm keen to give it a try. I have been given the SW books from 2010 by my friend and I'll be doing it from home with my OH. He has around 2 stone to lose and loses very quickly so I think he will do well on SW. I am also trying to pay off my debts so we are going to try and plan very well (not something I've ever been good at) and do this on a budget.

I've been browsing the forum and have read the books and I think I understand what I'm doing. It's quite straight forward compared to WW, and I found WW hard because it was so easy to spend my 29 points on rubbish food!

I'm going to do my food shop on either Saturday or Sunday so need to put a plan together for the week. Any ideas would be very very welcome. I am always in a rush in the morning so need something quick for breakfast, but like to have a nice breakfast at the weekend because I have time to cook something yummy :) I work in a office so have access to a kettle/microwave for my lunch, but I prefer to take something I've already prepared the night before or something which is dead easy and doesn't use the microwave because I hate using it at work for some odd reason haha. I have lots of time to cook in the evening, but the only meats I like are chicken, bacon, sausage. I don't like beef or lamb etc (OH loves any meat though) and I love fruit and veggies. If anyone could suggest anything at all, I'd be really grateful :) I've had a look at some recipes and have seen some lovely ones, but I'm concerned about spending a lot of money on food and ending up wasting it, which I have a massive habit of doing.

Sorry this has become a very long-winded post!! I hope everyones having a good evening :D

Ooh and I forgot to say I absolutely adore baking! It's what I do in my spare time (I like to think I've inherited a 'baking gene' from my mother as she's fabulous at it!) so any SW friendly recipes would be great :D

Felix said:
Hi everyone :)

I am starting SW on Monday so thought I would start my diary to keep me on track. I have become a serial dieter over the past couple of years without even realising. I've tried WW, Celebrity Slim, Tony Ferguson, Cambridge, WW again, Cambridge again and again and again.... I was most successful on CD going from 15.13 down to 12.7 but have not been able to get back in to it, and went massively off the rails so now I'm back up to about 14.3 :(

A few years ago when I was around 16ish (I'm 21 now) I did the old 'core plan' on WW and found it to be quite good. I have heard very good things about SW and the Extra Easy plan seems to be pretty similar to the 'core plan' I did so I'm keen to give it a try. I have been given the SW books from 2010 by my friend and I'll be doing it from home with my OH. He has around 2 stone to lose and loses very quickly so I think he will do well on SW. I am also trying to pay off my debts so we are going to try and plan very well (not something I've ever been good at) and do this on a budget.

I've been browsing the forum and have read the books and I think I understand what I'm doing. It's quite straight forward compared to WW, and I found WW hard because it was so easy to spend my 29 points on rubbish food!

I'm going to do my food shop on either Saturday or Sunday so need to put a plan together for the week. Any ideas would be very very welcome. I am always in a rush in the morning so need something quick for breakfast, but like to have a nice breakfast at the weekend because I have time to cook something yummy :) I work in a office so have access to a kettle/microwave for my lunch, but I prefer to take something I've already prepared the night before or something which is dead easy and doesn't use the microwave because I hate using it at work for some odd reason haha. I have lots of time to cook in the evening, but the only meats I like are chicken, bacon, sausage. I don't like beef or lamb etc (OH loves any meat though) and I love fruit and veggies. If anyone could suggest anything at all, I'd be really grateful :) I've had a look at some recipes and have seen some lovely ones, but I'm concerned about spending a lot of money on food and ending up wasting it, which I have a massive habit of doing.

Sorry this has become a very long-winded post!! I hope everyones having a good evening :D

Hi. Good luck with your journey, I'm sure you'll do great.

Quick and easy breakfast is probably weetabix or you could have some cereal bars using your healthy extra. Fruit with syn free yoghurt is always quick and easy too. Weekends, treat yourself to a nice free fry up or some free pancakes :)

I'm the same as you and tend to just take a portion of whatever last nights tea was for lunch, but do have a couple of mug shots (syn free). The office for if I get stuck.

Try to plan your meals and shop according to it. It can be expensive if you don't. Or if you have chance go shopping twice a week, means you only have to plan for a few days and your fresh stuff is always very fresh :) I live for pineapple so have been doing this lately.

Remember to make sure one third of your plate is super free, especially if doing extra easy plan. But mainly, enjoy it and don't be afraid of the plan worrying about how much etc. put all the other plans you've done behind you, read your books and these forums and familiarise youself with everything. Look for substitutions for what you enjoy, so that its a lifestyle change and not just another diet :)

Look forward to seeing how you get on x

Felix said:
Ooh and I forgot to say I absolutely adore baking! It's what I do in my spare time (I like to think I've inherited a 'baking gene' from my mother as she's fabulous at it!) so any SW friendly recipes would be great :D

Oooo me too :) love making cakes..... The half syn roulade is one worth looking up x

Rkmriddell said:
Hi. Good luck with your journey, I'm sure you'll do great.

Quick and easy breakfast is probably weetabix or you could have some cereal bars using your healthy extra. Fruit with syn free yoghurt is always quick and easy too. Weekends, treat yourself to a nice free fry up or some free pancakes :)

I'm the same as you and tend to just take a portion of whatever last nights tea was for lunch, but do have a couple of mug shots (syn free). The office for if I get stuck.

Try to plan your meals and shop according to it. It can be expensive if you don't. Or if you have chance go shopping twice a week, means you only have to plan for a few days and your fresh stuff is always very fresh :) I live for pineapple so have been doing this lately.

Remember to make sure one third of your plate is super free, especially if doing extra easy plan. But mainly, enjoy it and don't be afraid of the plan worrying about how much etc. put all the other plans you've done behind you, read your books and these forums and familiarise youself with everything. Look for substitutions for what you enjoy, so that its a lifestyle change and not just another diet :)

Look forward to seeing how you get on x

Thank you for your reply! I love weetabix, and fruit and yoghurt!! Good idea :) I am liking the mugshot thing too as I can just keep some in my drawers at work just in case. I saw the fry up in one of the books and it looks so good!!! I can't believe you can have all that for breakfast, brilliant. My OH will be happy too haha :)

I'm trying really hard to think of a plan but everything I think of has all different ingredients so I'd be buying loads of different stuff. I think if I buy plenty of veg from Aldi, potatoes for jackets and SW chips, beans, eggs etc it would be pretty cheap. I'm new to this planning what I'm eating stuff so it's pretty daunting haha.

Ooh you are right about putting other plans behind me. CD has some sort of weird hold over me and I keep going back to it even though I know i can't stick to it and it's a waste of money. I was convinced that all carbs were bad for me, but I need to give SW a go and show myself it can work and I can still eat and lose weight.

I'm so excited to start!!

Felix said:
Thank you for your reply! I love weetabix, and fruit and yoghurt!! Good idea :) I am liking the mugshot thing too as I can just keep some in my drawers at work just in case. I saw the fry up in one of the books and it looks so good!!! I can't believe you can have all that for breakfast, brilliant. My OH will be happy too haha :)

I'm trying really hard to think of a plan but everything I think of has all different ingredients so I'd be buying loads of different stuff. I think if I buy plenty of veg from Aldi, potatoes for jackets and SW chips, beans, eggs etc it would be pretty cheap. I'm new to this planning what I'm eating stuff so it's pretty daunting haha.

Ooh you are right about putting other plans behind me. CD has some sort of weird hold over me and I keep going back to it even though I know i can't stick to it and it's a waste of money. I was convinced that all carbs were bad for me, but I need to give SW a go and show myself it can work and I can still eat and lose weight.

I'm so excited to start!!

Yeah it's great for feeding the whole family on. My oh has loved since I've been back on plan as weve had home made burgers, steak, spaghetti bolognaise. There's so much you can have!! Variety is key to me, keep it interesting.

Yeah the roulade is great, you can make the recipe into cupcakes too. Not perfect but a nice alternative.

You'll be fine with the planning, you'll find the things you like often and put them all together. Asparagus, broccoli, Muller lights and pineapple are my musts. The rest builds around it. Ive always some pasta in and some steam veg packs in the freezer. You can do it cheap if you're sensible, it's just hard sometimes not to get carried away with having things in, but then im terrible for that anyway lol

Yeah I think it's the quick losses with cd that are appealing. I've not long come off it. Did really well but it stopped working for me, despite 100% over Xmas and new year :( am loving being back on sw though. This will be my first proper week as last week body was adjusting to different food and had a massive, and I mean, massive blow out on Sunday. Monday is weigh in though so fingers crossed.

You're following it from home? I do although have joined on line but tbh not worth it at all. What day is your weigh in. What is your goal weight? Sw definitely works, and will make changes to the way you do things forever. I followed it a couple of years ago, lost almost two stone before falling off plan. My issue is takeaways when I can't be bothered so am having to concentrate hard on that when the obstacle comes up x

Rkmriddell said:
Yeah it's great for feeding the whole family on. My oh has loved since I've been back on plan as weve had home made burgers, steak, spaghetti bolognaise. There's so much you can have!! Variety is key to me, keep it interesting.

Yeah the roulade is great, you can make the recipe into cupcakes too. Not perfect but a nice alternative.

You'll be fine with the planning, you'll find the things you like often and put them all together. Asparagus, broccoli, Muller lights and pineapple are my musts. The rest builds around it. Ive always some pasta in and some steam veg packs in the freezer. You can do it cheap if you're sensible, it's just hard sometimes not to get carried away with having things in, but then im terrible for that anyway lol

Yeah I think it's the quick losses with cd that are appealing. I've not long come off it. Did really well but it stopped working for me, despite 100% over Xmas and new year :( am loving being back on sw though. This will be my first proper week as last week body was adjusting to different food and had a massive, and I mean, massive blow out on Sunday. Monday is weigh in though so fingers crossed.

You're following it from home? I do although have joined on line but tbh not worth it at all. What day is your weigh in. What is your goal weight? Sw definitely works, and will make changes to the way you do things forever. I followed it a couple of years ago, lost almost two stone before falling off plan. My issue is takeaways when I can't be bothered so am having to concentrate hard on that when the obstacle comes up x

I didn't realise you used to do CD! It's great and works very well for some people, but I've seen so many people on here that are like me and keep getting sucked back in to it and failing. I need to promise myself I won't go back to it!

Mmmmmmm I love muller lights! Can always pick them up cheap on offer somewhere. We haven't set our budget for the week yet and I'm not really sure what to aim for. I don't want to set it too low and set myself up for a fail..

Yes I'll be starting on Monday at home as I can't get to my local group due to work, so I'll be weighing on a Monday evening hopefully. Going to get myself a paper diary too and record down everything I eat and my weight and measurements :) I had a look at online but you have to pay £60 advance for three months and I think I can find everything I need on here. My goal weight will be 10 stone, but I don't know if that's too high because ive been heavy since my very early teens. I can't imagine what I'd look like at 10 stone, so if I get to my goal I can always go another half a stone lower if I feel like I need to. So that's just over 4 stone to lose, eek!!!!

What's you're goal weight? Good luck for your weigh in!! Have you enjoyed being back on SW? I bet it's weird to be eating so much after CD haha.

I have the same problem with takeaways too. Me and OH are as bad as each other for being too lazy to cook some nights, so I need to think of stuff to have in which is quick and easy just in case haha.

Felix said:
I didn't realise you used to do CD! It's great and works very well for some people, but I've seen so many people on here that are like me and keep getting sucked back in to it and failing. I need to promise myself I won't go back to it!

Mmmmmmm I love muller lights! Can always pick them up cheap on offer somewhere. We haven't set our budget for the week yet and I'm not really sure what to aim for. I don't want to set it too low and set myself up for a fail..

Yes I'll be starting on Monday at home as I can't get to my local group due to work, so I'll be weighing on a Monday evening hopefully. Going to get myself a paper diary too and record down everything I eat and my weight and measurements :) I had a look at online but you have to pay £60 advance for three months and I think I can find everything I need on here. My goal weight will be 10 stone, but I don't know if that's too high because ive been heavy since my very early teens. I can't imagine what I'd look like at 10 stone, so if I get to my goal I can always go another half a stone lower if I feel like I need to. So that's just over 4 stone to lose, eek!!!!

What's you're goal weight? Good luck for your weigh in!! Have you enjoyed being back on SW? I bet it's weird to be eating so much after CD haha.

I have the same problem with takeaways too. Me and OH are as bad as each other for being too lazy to cook some nights, so I need to think of stuff to have in which is quick and easy just in case haha.

Yeah 'twas ok actually. Taught me a lot about why I eat if that makes sense. Not one I want to go back to though. I was 11-13-5 last week and that was after my blowout.

I want to get to 9-13 so about 2st to go on sw which I'm hoping I can do by our holiday at the start f may but will just be happy to get there this year. As long as I keep moving downwards. I wasn't really big, maybe a 12-14 till I quit smoking seven years ago. All of a sudden then I developed this insatiable appetite which is still with me. Nothing fills me up :( I'm the same, judge my goal as and when I get near it. I'm a 14 at the moment and ultimately want to be a comfortable 12 everywhere. I think 10st will put me there and puts my bmi just into normal. See then where I am :) 4 stone will soon be gone. Make sure you take underwear pics too. Seeing the difference in mine keeps me focused some days.

Maybe look for some basic options to start with and only try one recipe that requires buying in spices etc per week. You can still do things like cottage pie,spaghetti bol, burgers, roasts etc cheaply enough. Ml are on offer everywhere at the mo.

Yeah the online membership def isn't worth the money. I don't really use it. Looked at some recipes and use the syns bit of the app but that's really it!! The food diary o there is awful. I just keep it logged in a spreadsheet.

I love being back on sw. It's just nice to be able to be normal lol. I love what cd taught me, and the results and am pleased I did it but it has made it hard for my hubby as ive not been cooking etc. nice to be able to sit nd share sone fruit n stuff with the kids :) I just think sw is a great lifestyle :) xxx

Felix said:

D you make cakes or just everything?

> Shared post from 'MiniMins.com' by julie19 from thread 'Fat Free Sponge Cake':
>
> Here you go:
>
> 6 eggs
> 2 ounces self raising flour or cocoa powder if you want chocolate cake
> 9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
> 2 teaspoons orange or vanilla essence (up to you)
>
> To decorate:
> 1 tub quark
> Strawberries (as many or as few as you want)
> 2 teaspoons of vanilla or orange essence
> 6 Tablespoons Granulated sweetener
>
> Whick up egg whites until stiff
>
> In a separtae bowl whisk egg yolks with either the orange or vanilla essence & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.
>
> Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.
>
> Pour onto a swiss roll tin & bake in the over on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins, until golden & firm to the touch.
>
> Take out of the oven, leave to cool, when cool cut in half.
>
> Filling & topping:
> Beat the quark with the orange or vanilla essence & sweetener, spread 3/4 on the bottom layer of the cake, slice the strawberries & put them on top of that, put the top of the cake on & use the rest of the filling to top with the rest of the strawberries.
>
> Hope you like it!
> Julie
>
> Shared via MiniMins.

Rkmriddell said:
Yeah 'twas ok actually. Taught me a lot about why I eat if that makes sense. Not one I want to go back to though. I was 11-13-5 last week and that was after my blowout.

I want to get to 9-13 so about 2st to go on sw which I'm hoping I can do by our holiday at the start f may but will just be happy to get there this year. As long as I keep moving downwards. I wasn't really big, maybe a 12-14 till I quit smoking seven years ago. All of a sudden then I developed this insatiable appetite which is still with me. Nothing fills me up :( I'm the same, judge my goal as and when I get near it. I'm a 14 at the moment and ultimately want to be a comfortable 12 everywhere. I think 10st will put me there and puts my bmi just into normal. See then where I am :) 4 stone will soon be gone. Make sure you take underwear pics too. Seeing the difference in mine keeps me focused some days.

Maybe look for some basic options to start with and only try one recipe that requires buying in spices etc per week. You can still do things like cottage pie,spaghetti bol, burgers, roasts etc cheaply enough. Ml are on offer everywhere at the mo.

Yeah the online membership def isn't worth the money. I don't really use it. Looked at some recipes and use the syns bit of the app but that's really it!! The food diary o there is awful. I just keep it logged in a spreadsheet.

I love being back on sw. It's just nice to be able to be normal lol. I love what cd taught me, and the results and am pleased I did it but it has made it hard for my hubby as ive not been cooking etc. nice to be able to sit nd share sone fruit n stuff with the kids :) I just think sw is a great lifestyle :) xxx

Me too! I've realised how much of an emotional eater I am. When I'm sad, happy, nervous, anything, I eat! Ooh you haven't got far to go then :) I need to be back in a 14 again. I chucked all my bigger clothes out stupidly when I was on CD and at 12.7 I was a 14, so now most of my clothes are a size too small for me and hardly anything fits! So annoying. I will try and remember to take pics. I did on CD and I couldn't believe the difference.

Even though it sounds proper dodgy, I really want to try the mushy pea curry because everyone has said its so nice haha. It would be cheap to make too so I think I'll give it a go this week. My cupboards are well stocked with spices so I don't have to buy anything like that which Is good!

Wow thanks for the recipes! I will bake anything from cakes to pastries. My mum is really good at baking so she taught me well :D mmmmm I want cake...

Felix said:
Me too! I've realised how much of an emotional eater I am. When I'm sad, happy, nervous, anything, I eat! Ooh you haven't got far to go then :) I need to be back in a 14 again. I chucked all my bigger clothes out stupidly when I was on CD and at 12.7 I was a 14, so now most of my clothes are a size too small for me and hardly anything fits! So annoying. I will try and remember to take pics. I did on CD and I couldn't believe the difference.

Even though it sounds proper dodgy, I really want to try the mushy pea curry because everyone has said its so nice haha. It would be cheap to make too so I think I'll give it a go this week. My cupboards are well stocked with spices so I don't have to buy anything like that which Is good!

Yeah I feel the same when I look back at my start pictures. I looked seriously on the verge of a heart attack. So red and puffy. I can't ever let myself be that again and I can't let my kids grow up watching me be that size and thinking its ok. Frozen yoghurt it def my saviour at the moment. Eating loads of it.

You'll be fine then if you've got loads of spices, thats mainly what you need. Get some natural yoghurt, from age and quark too :) oh and eggs and sweetner. Always bake or put something together with those in. I'm tempted with the mp curry but I really don't like mp. You can tell me what it's like then lol.

Roast chicken for us tomorrow :) x

Rkmriddell said:
Yeah I feel the same when I look back at my start pictures. I looked seriously on the verge of a heart attack. So red and puffy. I can't ever let myself be that again and I can't let my kids grow up watching me be that size and thinking its ok. Frozen yoghurt it def my saviour at the moment. Eating loads of it.

You'll be fine then if you've got loads of spices, thats mainly what you need. Get some natural yoghurt, from age and quark too :) oh and eggs and sweetner. Always bake or put something together with those in. I'm tempted with the mp curry but I really don't like mp. You can tell me what it's like then lol.

Roast chicken for us tomorrow :) x

I really love mushy peas! Mmmm frozen yoghurt. I'm quite peckish haha. I am hoping to buy an ice cream maker at some point and an actifry, although it won't help with saving money haha. I have read you can put yoghurt in an ice cream maker and it sounds nice! I have had quark before and it was good. My brother make a sort of cheesecake with it and put some options hot chocolate in it and served it with blueberries and crumbled biscuit and it was lovely :)

Felix said:
I really love mushy peas! Mmmm frozen yoghurt. I'm quite peckish haha. I am hoping to buy an ice cream maker at some point and an actifry, although it won't help with saving money haha. I have read you can put yoghurt in an ice cream maker and it sounds nice! I have had quark before and it was good. My brother make a sort of cheesecake with it and put some options hot chocolate in it and served it with blueberries and crumbled biscuit and it was lovely :)

Yeah it's good with sweetner and an Alpen light bar dipped in. Free cheesecake if you use alpenstock a hexb. Tbh the yog is fine just int the freezer. I find about 3-4 hrs perfect x

Hello! I've just finished my shopping list now. For breakfasts I've got weetabix with milk allowance or natural yoghurt, I saw the porridge with mullet light idea so will have that a couple of times, and plenty of fruit. Going to have pasta and make some tomato sauce and veggies, cous cous with veggies to take for lunch at work, and some mug shots just in case! Dinner I have jacket potato and beans, butternut squash and lentil curry with rice, pasta with lean bacon in a tomato sauce, SW chips beans and fried egg, veggie chilli with rice and mushy pea curry with SW chips! Been dying to make mushy pea curry haha, it sounds so wrong but so right. Also some Pom bear crisps and curly wurlys for treats :)

Do you think that sounds ok? We are going to aldi for most of it so will be pretty cheap and then nipping to Asda for some bits. I think as long as we stock up on plenty of fruit and veg we will be ok :D

So done my food shop! Spent £30 in Aldi and £30 in Asda. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. OH will be eating the same food as me but he's got some extra bits that I wouldn't eat, and we got some spices and stuff that will last ages so we haven't done too bad. We split every 50/50 so I'm happy with 30 each :) we would easily spend that much on takeaway for a couple of nights a week anyway!! Can't wait to start tomorrow.

Back