Fell off the wagon!!!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by carla, 30 November 2009 Social URL.

1. carla

carla Full Member

Big time! Went to a friends house for dinner on Saturday night and they cooked all sorts of mexican loveliness. I dread to think how many carbs i had. Felt incredibly bloated all day yesterday and started afresh today. Have had an Atkins day break bar and a very virtuous pint of water. Hope I haven't done too much damage - I didn't dare weigh myself this morning. Ah well.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Ah, we have all been there Carla, you're doing the best thing, getting straight back in to clean green induction.
  4. carla

carla Full Member

Thanks Jim! I just hope it doesn't happen too much - I can see it being a bit of a problem hen we go to other people's houses for dinner. :sigh:
  5. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

If the worst comes to the worst you can always take tasty but Atkins-friendly food with you.

This might seem less fun but it takes away the fear of over-indulging and helps to prevent the nasty guilt feelings, afterwards.

We tend to be weak in the face of extreme temptation and a few bites of regular carbs can so often lead to a binge. Well, this is true in my case. Once that old response has been triggered I sometimes find it very difficult to stop.

But you had a great time, it was only the one incident so put it behind you, climb back in that wagon, and let it roll!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.