Fell Off the Wagon :(

JoEveCar

Hi,

I started SW again about 10 days ago (from home), was doing really well, enjoying it as much as you can enjoy a diet, I had got to grips with the EE plan which I find easy to do, making healthy choices etc but still having the odd naughty thing.
Weighed in after a week and had lost 3lb. I was pleased with that. Not masses off but a good loss plus it put me into the next stone down bracket.

Any hoo, went a bit off as Saturday I didn't really eat all day and then went out at night, drank too much and then nibbled on buffet food. Had hardly any sleep that night. Sunday I had a big fat bacon sandwich (white bread, fried bacon, fat still on it - the tastiest way although the naughtiest!), in the afternoon had the biggest roast dinner ever, followed by a calorie laden chocolate dessert. whoops.

Monday morning I had all the intentions to get back on it. Those intentions went out the window when I realised that my hangover had not quite left! I finished the day with a McDonalds, chocolate and crisps.

Weighed in this morning and I'd put all 3lb back on. OMG!!

Help!!!

After reading your thread that could have been me!!! Same story, lost 2 pounds in my first "re-start" week, then put on 3lbs the following week as it was my birthday. Lots of cocktails, chocolate (mainly jaffa cakes) and bread. Hangover cure was a falafel burger and chips followed by more jaffa cakes!! Was going to re-start AGAIN yesterday but had a family funeral and all the buffet food was NOT SW friendly, ended up eating quiche, sandwichs, cheese pastry things. Dont want to think about the amount of syns I had......anyway.......

back on it 100% today, want to get that feel good feeling back when you step on the scales and lose something! Stick with it........read and re-read everything to get it back into your head. :D We can help eachother!!

The days I'm able to read this forum regularly I find I stick to it really well. Days like Sunday where I felt awful it all got forgotten and I had to feed my carb and fat cravings!

We could buddy up and help each other? The boost at those weak moments!

I love Carbs.....but carbs love me and they stick around (my belly usually). I am just about to go and re-heat my lunch for today, homemade soup with a salad and bread roll..... still thinking about the buffet food though..... so naughty!!! Roll on the rest of the 100% SW day.

If you hadn't done last week, you'd now be 3lb fatter instead of the same as you were a fortnight ago. You know what you did right and that it works so well. And you know what you did wrong. I find that SW is always a learning process - identifying where your REAL weak spots are and learning to prepare better next time (in this case maybe eating a bit more before you go for a buffet and planning the low syn drinks, and making a low-syn chocolate pud to have on Sunday?). Onward and downward!

If you hadn't done last week, you'd now be 3lb fatter instead of the same as you were a fortnight ago. You know what you did right and that it works so well. And you know what you did wrong. I find that SW is always a learning process - identifying where your REAL weak spots are and learning to prepare better next time (in this case maybe eating a bit more before you go for a buffet and planning the low syn drinks, and making a low-syn chocolate pud to have on Sunday?). Onward and downward!

Thanks Gwella.

I find that the frustrating bit, I know what to do and what not to do but sometimes I ignore my own advice!

Def going to stick to it this week. Also I am going to knock the wine on the head til Xmas week. Will do me no harm! Hopefully that will have a positive effect as taking in less hidden calories and drinking always give me the munchies. Lots of water!

I also have lots of recipe books and SW food ideas so will try and experiment with new meals to keep me from getting bored.

Sounds like despite the blip you are really committed and also doing lots of new things to keep it interesting. Much more convincing than when people say 'ah blow it, I'll start again in the New Year!'

Giving up wine is a great idea, I could do with doing that myself... I am so much more in control without booze. I had my best loss ever last week and I only drank on one day (the day after WI). Maybe by January I'll be ready for a dry month!

Good luck.

Sounds like despite the blip you are really committed and also doing lots of new things to keep it interesting. Much more convincing than when people say 'ah blow it, I'll start again in the New Year!'

Giving up wine is a great idea, I could do with doing that myself... I am so much more in control without booze. I had my best loss ever last week and I only drank on one day (the day after WI). Maybe by January I'll be ready for a dry month!

Good luck.

I'd be proud to manage a dry week!! By Thursday I'm ready for the weekend

Back