Few questions about maintenance

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure whether I should have posted this on the maintenance section, bit unfamiliar with this forum because i'm new. Anyway since i've started this diet, my main concern has been keeping the weight off when I'm down to the size I want to be. I've heard so many people saying that the diet slows down your metabolism so much that you just gain all of the weight back. I just wanted to know if there is any truth in this. Has anybody been maintaining for a long period of time? How difficult is it to keep the weight off? Do you have to eat practically nothing?

Thanks guys

If you just go back to how you were eating before the weight will go back on - but thats what going up the plans is for - it will help you stabilise and get into good habits, and know how much you need to eat to maintain your weight. It will build you up to a "normal" healthy diet. How I wish I had done it last time instead of going back to the "before" diet...then I wouldn't be starting again ;-(

Thanks for your reply, I have no worries about returning to my old ways. I really want to live a healthy lifestyle and going without food is helping me see that I don't need to comfort eat. So hopefully the weight will stay off. Sorry it didn't work out for you last time, I'm sure if you follow the steps through to the end you will be absolutely fine. Eating food just doesn't feel as good as being slim does it :)

Back