Extra Easy Fill your plate with 1/3 superfree foods..

laurenmay

Gold Member
So I know we're meant to do this, and for breakfast I just had HEXB 35g all bran sultana bran with FREE fat-free Greek yogurt.. But now I'm really full & can't manage anything else! I was planning on having a banana, apple & clementine but can I wait until say an hours time & have the fruit as a snack instead?

That's why you're supposed to have 1/3 of your meal as superfree. You could have the fruit before... But ideally it's supposed to be part of your meal, on your plate.

I can't eat that much though, just the 35g of cereal and yogurt was enough to fill me up. Will try getting some fruit in now.

i think (correct me if im wrong) the idea of the superfree is to fill u up so u dont eat so much of anything else? so would be better to have fruit before the cereal n yogurt.....but then u wouldn't be getting all of ur HEB...this is why this diet confuses me sometimes! lol xXx

You are supposed to choose your superfree first so for example you would choose a fruit, then either cereal or yoghurt and then if you can manage you have your third item (cereal or yoghurt). I must admit I don't tend to have superfree with breakfast!

I have superfree for breakfast... then I'd have my superfree with lunch and dinner, and later on I'll use my HEB for toast, with a cup of tea.

Ah I see, so in future I should have fruit first for breakfast and then cereal & yogurt if I can manage it? I think it'll be easier eating the superfree lunch & dinner time, cause I'm incorporating them into my meal, like lunch time I'm having a jacket potato with quorn mince mixed with lots of plum tomatoes and mushrooms, so I'll definitely have the 1/3 of superfree with that meal!

Ah I see, so in future I should have fruit first for breakfast and then cereal & yogurt if I can manage it? I think it'll be easier eating the superfree lunch & dinner time, cause I'm incorporating them into my meal, like lunch time I'm having a jacket potato with quorn mince mixed with lots of plum tomatoes and mushrooms, so I'll definitely have the 1/3 of superfree with that meal!

Yes, like the others have said the point in the superfree is to reduce the amount of non-superfree food you eat (as it is is more energy-dense ie more calories).

So if you had some fruit with it you would need LESS of the higher-calorie muesli & yoghurt to get to the point where you were satisfied/full. eg maybe you could have fruit in your yoghurt but omit the cereal? Or just have half the amount of muesli and pad it out with fruit. That way you get a lot less calories in the meal itself.

Or for people having a cooked breakfast, instead of having, say, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, beans etc you would add tomatoes, mushrooms onions and only eat maybe one sausage, one bacon and half as much beans. That make it clearer?

To be honest though breakfast is probably the hardest meal to get superfree in if its not a cooked one. :)

If you're finding you're full after a small bowl of cereal, why not just have fruit/and or yogurt for breakfast.
Im never particularly hungry in the mornings, so just have some berries & 0% greek yogurt, which keeps me going thru exercise & until lunchtime

ermintrude said:
Yes, like the others have said the point in the superfree is to reduce the amount of non-superfree food you eat (as it is is more energy-dense ie more calories).

So if you had some fruit with it you would need LESS of the higher-calorie muesli & yoghurt to get to the point where you were satisfied/full. eg maybe you could have fruit in your yoghurt but omit the cereal? Or just have half the amount of muesli and pad it out with fruit. That way you get a lot less calories in the meal itself.

Or for people having a cooked breakfast, instead of having, say, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, beans etc you would add tomatoes, mushrooms onions and only eat maybe one sausage, one bacon and half as much beans. That make it clearer?

To be honest though breakfast is probably the hardest meal to get superfree in if its not a cooked one. :)

Well I managed a banana, apple and 2 clementines not long after my breakfast - but I'll make sure in future to eat the fruit before my breakfast. It does confuse me a little, cause on EE you're meant to have 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB aren't you? The HEXA I'm having over the course of the day in the form of the 375ml skimmed milk which I'll have in coffees with sweeteners, and my HEXB was the 35g of all bran sultana bran.. & then I used fat free Greek yogurt instead of milk cause the yogurt is free.

I'm not a huge fruit fan, I'm fussy and only like a few select things, so don't think I'd be keen on fruit with yogurt on top.. But I'll make sure I have fruit first from now on & only eat the cereal or whatever if I'm still hungry :)

kim63 said:
If you're finding you're full after a small bowl of cereal, why not just have fruit/and or yogurt for breakfast.
Im never particularly hungry in the mornings, so just have some berries & 0% greek yogurt, which keeps me going thru exercise & until lunchtime

Yeah that's a good idea, tomorrow I'll probably have a few items of fruit and then just fat free greek yogurt on its own.. Maybe save my HEXB for later on in the day :)

Why not have half the serving of the cereal and then half again later. Or maybe a hifi light later. SW say that you can split your healthy extras and you don't have to eat them at the same time. Most days I'll have one hifi light with brekkie and then another as a snack later. Other times I have weighed out half the amount of cereal and then had a slice of toast later.

I might do that actually, like if I have cereal tomorrow I'll half it - have one half in the morning with fruit and yogurt, then the other half later on in the day with yogurt if Im feeling peckish :)

I might do that actually, like if I have cereal tomorrow I'll half it - have one half in the morning with fruit and yogurt, then the other half later on in the day with yogurt if Im feeling peckish :)

Just make sure that you do makeup the other half of your hex one way or another to ensure you get your full fibre allowance. If you don't, you could jeopardise your losses.

I will, I love sultana bran with Greek yogurt so I'm sure I'll manage the other half later on in the day!

I'm thinking of having an omelette tomorrow lunch time, but the only veggies I have here that I can put into it are mushrooms - will that be enough to cover my 1/3 superfree?

I dont always manage my hex but i eat Alot of syn Free dairy and have wholewheat pasta and other fiber rich foods i try not too get too Hung up over not having my hex as long as you are getting your fiber and calcium elsewhere i dont see the problem

So I know we're meant to do this, and for breakfast I just had HEXB 35g all bran sultana bran with FREE fat-free Greek yogurt.. But now I'm really full & can't manage anything else! I was planning on having a banana, apple & clementine but can I wait until say an hours time & have the fruit as a snack instead?

Healthy Extras are not compulsory, not having them wont hurt your ability to lose weight, it just ensures that you arent lacking in certain nutritional areas. If 35g of cereal is too much, have less!

Back