Filling In Food Diary Questions

Hi all, I joined my local group on Friday and as of yesterday I've been filling in the diaries (did the shop on Sat once I knew what I 'needed' as I haven't done SW before).

I'm filling in the diaries as asked, but I'm a little confused on how much detail should be there as obviously the boxes are very small! Should I be putting say '150g of raspberries' '100g banana' '75g cherries' or do I just put 'raspberries' 'banana' 'cherries' etc?

What about if you've been cooking. Do you write down what you've used as separate items if cooking a curry for example or do you just put that you've made a curry to SW rules?

I'm really happy with the group I've found, they seem really nice and the consultant is really welcoming and we had a great welcome chat - but there wasn't a lot of info about this specifically and googling seems to find information from a plan that mentions red/green days which I understand has now changed to Extra Easy.

Thank you!

Forgot to add - also brand names. Do they matter? Like say 'richmond sausages' or 'Slimming world sausages' or do you just write 'Sausages'?

Thank you :)

Hi :)

If things are free or superfree I just write them as they are, like "apple" and when I have fruit on my breakfast I just put "strawberries and raspberries" I don't weight them and as you don't need to there doesn't seem much point on that front.
With things that are syns I do tend to write downs what they are a bit more specifically, that's the bit that can help if your consultant can tell you if there's similar things that have a lower syn value etc.

Don't stress it too much, it's not a test and you won't be marked on it, it's just so your consultant can see how you are settling in and getting to grips with the programme :)

Back