1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Puddings Filo mincepie parcels

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by grumbletumble, 16 December 2010 Social URL.

1. grumbletumble

grumbletumble Silver Member

SW- Green
    I made a couple of these today just to see it they work & they do! Only 2.5syns per parcel.

Makes 22

150g (5oz) cooking apples - grated (3)
    225g (80z) mixed dried fruit (17.5)
    1/2 tsp mixed spice
    150ml (1/4pt) sweet cider (2.5)
    2tbsps brandy whisky or rum (2.5)
    11 sheets of fresh filo pastry (33)
    1 beaten egg

place apples, and fruit in saucepan add mixed spice and cider simmer for about 20 mins until the mixture forms a pulp or most of the liquid has evaporated.
    Stir in your choice of spirit and allow to cool, this can be kept in the fridge in a sterilised jar for up to 4 months once opened use within a week

To make the parcels, cut the filo sheets into 4 squares- you will need 2 squares per parcel. Place one square down then put the 2nd over the top so it resembles a star, brush the edges with the beaten egg. Put 20g of the mincemeat in the middle & pull up the corners of the filo to form a parcel. Brush with the beaten egg & cook for 10-15mins on 200ish. Dust with a little icing sugar.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. amy2307

amy2307 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    These sound amazing...but how do you stop at just one?!
  4. grumbletumble

SW- Green
    Hmm that is a problem! :D

Maybe just making what you need? I made 4 the first time & i had 2 & my oh had 2- If i had made more i could have easily eaten them! The mincemeat lasts & they are quite easy to make so not too much of a hassle to make them as & when :)
    I have some in the oven as we speak. I had one square left over so thought i'd try a little parcel with 1 sheet & not 2. I just folded the edges over like a samosa...i hope it works because that'll cut the syns down even more!....I'm going to take pics so i'll post when i upload them.
  5. grumbletumble

SW- Green
    Filo mincepie parcels :)

And the parcel i made with one square....Still on the baking try & not dusted with icing sugar.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.