Final attempt (praying it is) to get to 10stone

shazmk

I know I have started this late, just wasn't sure if it was me, decided it is as need to sometimes get things off my chest (OH isn't exactly Mr Motivator or being helpful).

Started on the TS on Tuesday 12th June, and weighed in at 13st6lbs, with target weight of 10st, would be nice to get there by August 3rd (holiday), but don't mind so long as I get to below 11st soon.

Set myself some goals along, and it will keep me motivated, such just to get to 13st, then 12st, and 11st. I was 11st when I met my OH coming up to ten years ago, would like to me that or less, for me not for him, as feel if I don't get healthy and fit now (41) I probably won't be able to ever do it, plus I don't want the same health problems my mum has.

So far things haven't been too bad with the packets so far, like most things and will eat them whatever, as can't see the point in missing anything out, as it'll be hard enough anyway. Only thing is a get little nibble feelings late afternoon, so tend to have a very small piece of cheese (checked things like calories, protein, fats etc, and go for the best option) small individual packets for kids lunch sort of things, only had two, one on Friday, one on Saturday. Even avoided the works away day which included a buffet and then a huge chocolate gateau cake, very pleased with myself on that one.

I'm not normally a weight myself every day person, but tended to want to on this. I wasn't too happy first few days, as weight didn't change whatsoever, until Saturday morning showed I had lost 2or3lbs (need better scales, these are old), weighed myself this morning and I am at 13st2lbs (although again not quite sure if it was below the 2lb mark). So this has made me happy, and more motivated.

I'm not getting any bad feelings, rumbling stomach, passing wind or anything, just constipated (although I am always constipated), so having to take movicol (which I take anyway every few days to help), to see what happens, and hopefully go the loo sooner rather than later.

Probably gone on for long enough now, :blahblah: but as said starting the diary late, so a little catch up. Can't for my weekly weigh-in on Tuesday already.

:welcome2: Shazmk, well done on starting your journey and a diary really does help even if we just waffle on it doesn't matter everyone on here in the same boat so you will get loads of encouragement and advise if you need it, hope you continue to find it easy xxx good luck!

Good morning Shazmk, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey. :hug99: xx

Well today was weigh-in, I have lost 4lbs, less than I expected, however still happy its starting to come off.

Still going with the meal replacements, occassionally feeling like I want to eat something, not anything bad, like crisps, chocolate or anything, more like savoury food, which is so not me. I just keep turning to the water.

Something I want to ask, I hate tap water, unless it has cordial in it, which of course we're not allowed, so I drink plain sparkling water, I find it more refreshing, even if its not chilled. I am ok drinking sparkling water? I don't do black tea or coffee or anything as I have always been one for drinking water all the time, even in the winter.

After weighing in today, feel I really want to keep going, have to say I have had ups and downs with regards my energy level, some days, going completely nuts with plenty of housekeeping, then the next day I am totally exhausted, yawning all the time, feeling quite week. Today I have felt a little run down, sore throat, a few aches and pains. I will just go to bed a little earlier hopefully to rest a bit longer.

Here goes to the 2nd week !!! :happy036:

Don't be disheartened with a low loss, keep at it and the weight will come off. Before you know it you'll have lost a couple of stone:Dxx

Good evening and well done losing 4lbs :woohoo: just think next week the scales will hopefully be reading 12 stones something! :hug99: xx

I don't drink sparkling water so I can't help you with that one.

Thanks for your comments guys, and gigglepants you are so right I am determined to see that 12 stone on my scales next week !!

Been quite good today, although I have had a small piece of cheese as I got the nibbles, but I keep going, (not on the cheese !!)

Starting on the proper training this week, as feel ready to do more, generally I love walking with my dog, but got into running a while back, but I let it slip, so want to build back into it. So looking forward to starting tomorrow, would have today, but too many things going on this evening.

Well done on your weight loss hun, Keep up the good work xx

OK really sorry I never stuck to this, I hit a bit of a brick wall, and fell apart during week two, although I didn't come off the diet I had a day or so of feeling sorry for myself and things weren't happening the way I expected.

I'm back and stilling going and now even more determined more tha ever.

Couple of things I had to realise, I had already lost 8lbs the two weeks prior to starting on the Exante diet, and hadn't taken this into account with the small weight loss in my first week, from memory since the 'falling apart period' I lost 2lbs in my second week on Exante, and my scales were old and I couldn't read them accurately, so I got myself some proper digital ones and started weighing everyday to help with motivation, and it all seems to be working.

In total since 28th May (pre Exante start date) I have lost 23½lbs, and I am chuffed, seem to be speedily heading towards the two stone mark, and I am happy with my progress (its so noticeable to others now) and I love looking in the mirror too !!!

Just ordered my third lot of meals, ready for when I return from holiday to carry on, and too be honest I love the shakes and soups, not so keen on the bars, I only have them if I can't make a shake or soup while at work. Just ordered my first lot of porridge oats to see how they are.

Couple of issues I have noticed though, I struggle to find foods I can eat (tend to eat once per week) and I don't need to eat very much to feel full!! - thats a good thing, and no cravings for chocolate, crisps, cake etc, again a good thing. My only worry is I am getting regular dizzy spells (had a funny turn last weekend, like I was fainting but seemed worse), very lethargic and energy levels seems to be down, and I can be nauseous at times. Tried not to stop the exercise although I limit this to a good walk with the dog, rather than the usual run.

Two weeks to my holiday and hope to be under the 12stone mark by then, can't wait, I feel good, and starting to look much slimmer and with a better shape to my body - I have a waist !!!! :bliss:

Back