final word on pork tenderloin?

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
I know I'm rehashing an old topic but I can't seem to find a definitive answer to the pork tenderloin question - is it or isn't it allowed?
Every nutrition website I've visited says it has less fat and calories than beef fillet, which is allowed. Maybe the good doctor just banned all pork because all the rest of it is very fatty and he didn't want to open that door. In any case, I've not had any since starting Dukan but I'm getting so bored of chicken and fish and mince. Lean, tender cuts of beef are so pricey I only do those once in a while. Lean pork tenderloin is a fraction of the price of beef fillet and would be a welcome change, even if only once a week!

So I was wondering if anyone has heard of any 'official' standpoint from the UK version of Dukan (I know the US version has allowed lean cuts of pork from the beginning) about this yummy meat. On the other hand, I frequently read the public 'chat' on the UK website and they do tend to give contradictory advice, to say the least. I'm tempted to have it once this week and see if it stalls me :) OK, starting to ramble now so I'll stop and hope someone can shed some new light.

A general Google throws up loads of different threads showing that it is now allowed and, based on the nutritional values, I would say go for it :D

As you say, easily stopped if it stalls you.

P x

I know French people who have added it in yes... but no other pork or ham, just the expensive tenderloin ;)

Oooo let us know then, good luck LOL x

Pork tenderloin makes a lovely change once in a while (rolled in paprika, black pepper & garlic wrapped in XL bacon or braised in yoghurt garlic sauce) - suppose it wouldnt be too good having it everyday x

I've used a crafty pork fillet in stir-fry and as a substitute for beef in stroganoff, and its been ok for me - but I hasten to add it may not suit everyone!
Try it and see if you're getting bored.

I have had pork tenderloin every week since I started Dukan. It has not been a problem. I did not realize it was forbidden. I have not had Ham or any other deli meats.

Hiya, in one of the live chats on the official Dukan site, the moderator said pork tenderloin was ok occasionally as it's lower in fat than other pork cuts.

I don't eat meat so no idea what tenderloin even is, but hope that helps!!

Back