Finally a way of life I think I can stick with...

onlywayisdown

Hello all, mind if I join you? I've struggled with weight for nearly 20 years now and just need to deal with it.. I've tried every diet you can think of and failed.. Been on Exante and slim and save lately but just lacking willpower to stick to packs day in day out. Hopefully a up day every other day will be the motivation I need. Weighing in tomorrow to get going and plan to read the book over the rest of today to make sure I have it all straight in my head. Thanks x

Good luck! i've come from cambridge diet, been juddding for almost 3 weeks now and loving the freedom i have to enjoy yummy and naughty foods and notfeel guilty! hope it works for you! x

Hi, i'm three weeks into JUDD and loving it....and like you have spent 20yrs plus looking for the right lifestyle change, so far so good, Good Luck, enjoy the journey.

I'm also on week 3, its the longest iv ever stuck to a plan without cheating, dd today I fly through them now, looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow :)

Thank you for the welcomes. It's lovely. Looking forward to getting going. X

I am newbie this week and I find this site so encouraging. I have never been on my computer so much - not sure how I will cope next week when I am back to work. Anyway good luck and keep posting. x

Evening.. Well finally got going today. Few questions, do the DD get easier?? And I see a few people have put on with this diet.. Do you regularly lose weight if you stick to it.. Sorry if that sounds stupid, but I need to see regular results if on a plan. I know there are always blips.. But just worried.. Thanks guys

Hi,OWID, I have only been judding for a little while but Im losing!! I stick to 500 cals on my DD's and eat what I want on my UD's!! It must be the swing between an Up Day and a Down Day that burn the lbs off but whatever it is Im loving it.

Im doing it for health as well as my blood pressure has been a bit iffy and am having that checked in Oct and I cannot wait to see the difference this way of eating will make and I am sure it will!!

Even if the DD's are tough you know you have only got a matter of hours until you can eat what you want, its fantastic and I have done every diet going including vcld's.

Good luck with it Im sure you will be absolutely fine. x

Evening.. Well finally got going today. Few questions, do the DD get easier?? And I see a few people have put on with this diet.. Do you regularly lose weight if you stick to it.. Sorry if that sounds stupid, but I need to see regular results if on a plan. I know there are always blips.. But just worried.. Thanks guys

Yes down days do get easier in fact now after 3 weeks I find DD easier for food choices than the UD....but the UD is much nicer:)
I've been doing it since 9th August and have lost 9lbs...and I've been struggling all year to lose anything till I started this.

Yes, DDs get easier. I have lost 6lbs in 5 weeks after switching from a vlcd. People really do lose weight with ADF *in the long term* BUT, you should be prepared for a couple of things: 1. I've noticed that whilst many people lse straight away, many others seem to take a week or two to settle in and experience some gain or STS - it's like it takes your body a couple of weeks to earn how to lose weight this way! 2. If you want to weigh every day then do, but be prepared for some very big bounces on the scales!

Yiu will see regular results but probably not on a daily - or even weekly - basis. With JUDDD, the results on the scales have to be looked at over a longer time frame. A regular on here, Jo, talks about inch loss and shape change - she's dead right.

Good luck!

Back