Induction Finally getting somewhere

cirsty89

The road to getting slim is finally underway!!

After battling with yo-yo dieting for ages I have finally realised that I have lost a great amount of weight without even really trying. The other day I came across a photo of myself from a year and a half ago safe to say that is definitely not going to happen again as you can see from the attached photo that it was definitely not a good look for myself and that look thankfully will NEVER be returning!! Found the same dress in my cupboard and tried it on... as you can see the results.

I started Atkins few weeks ago and so far in the induction I have been doing really well granted thou I have had one cheat day but have been back on it straight away and to my surprise have not really missed my carbs - even thou I half expected to be craving them. I am also looking at the back of packets to look for the carb content which is a start because I am now more aware of the foods I am eating etc. I have lost 10lbs in 6 weeks which is pretty good... I suffer from PCOS and as they say weight loss is even harder but to be honest Ive found Atkins to be pretty easy to follow and im pretty much always full.
I'm hoping to stay in induction phase for another few weeks or at least until my partner gets back from Norway, he is back in 3 weeks and Im hoping to lose another half a stone at least before he comes home! :)

Starting weight a year and a half ago was nearly 15 stone... now im 12.10 so have managed to lose just over 2 stone on my own.
me.jpg

Just come on here for some support and wondering if anybody had any advice on the atkins phase 1 approach and if it works and what other things I can eat par whats on the website because even though im full im getting slightly bored of the same foods and I think eventually this will cause me to cheat haha!

Thanks for looking. Any advice on tackling PCOS would be great because when my partner comes home were hoping TTC this is the motivation that I have needed to lose weight so any advice would be appreciated! :)

Love&bubbles
Cirsty :)

Hi Cirsty! Well done on your weight loss so far. Check out the recipe thread for ideas of what you can do with induction foods.

Atkins - Recipes

I started last Monday and have lost 8lb so far, i'm still amazed because of how much i have been eating! It's the beauty of Atkins, but don't be disheartened if you don't see what you expect on the scales. Everyone is different and some people find the weight loss takes a while to show and numerous people stall, but if they stick with it it usually pays off with a bigger loss after their stall.

Good luck x

Fantastic losing weight without even trying! Wow, you look great! Also, great loss over the last 6 weeks.

As for getting bored with induction food, look at the recipe sticky and get inventive!

Jonsgirl does this amazing chicken, a couple tbs mayo with a little minced garlic topped with parmesan baked in the oven, lush! 1382435561693.jpg

Susie (ladyfelsham) does a recipe of breakfast muffins, chopped cooked bacon mixed in with egg and baked in muffin tray. They come out like muffin and you can eat em cold (i've warmed mine up in micro a couple days later and they were fab!)
1382434911138.jpg

Check these other recipes out too!
1382435608701.jpg
1382435623453.jpg
1382435649454.jpg

My personal favourite for brekky is half avo with a couple rashes bacon n some cheese on top, grilled, yum yum yum!
1382435709127.jpg

enjoy x

Thanks for the brekky idea Toni! Would never have thought of putting avocado with bacon or cheese! I imagine it could be quite tasty though. Any more breakfast ideas would be great, I think i will soon bore of bacon, egg and mushrooms. x

Thanks!! I will definitely be looking at the recipes that you have posted... as for mayo and avocados i'm quite fussy its only taken me 24 years to start focing myself to eat veg hahaa... and thats literally mixing it with whatever i have on my plate so i dont have to taste it haha!! But im determined to mix foods that i dont like on my plate and force myself to eat them and try different foods because if i dont know what they taste like how am i to know i dont like them haha!!
Thank you so much! This is what I want.. I want people to advise me on stuff then im more likely to stick with it! :) xx

Gglad you guys liked recipes!

Thedream, the avo/bacon/cheese combo was inspired by a pizza I had nearly 15 years ago in South Africa, they added garlic to the mix (which I sometimes do if I have a 'stay at home day') and I still remember that pizza, must have left an impression! Loads of brekky idea to be found. One thing I did last time I did atkins was cook up a batch of bacon, sausages, boil eggs and sometimes fry smoked mackerel and keep it in tupperware in the fridge. I always hated the smell of the frying in my hair so if I did it on one night and then I could have my breakfast ready made for the rest of the week. I started off heating it up in the micro to warm up but I didn't mind it cold and stopped reheating soon after. Good luck! x

Thanks... think it was the motivation i needed that my partner said he wanted to try for a baby my head is firmly screwed on for this weight loss... hopefully il get into size 10 clothes and il be one happy bunny :) 10st here i come! :) x

Gglad you guys liked recipes!

Thedream, the avo/bacon/cheese combo was inspired by a pizza I had nearly 15 years ago in South Africa, they added garlic to the mix (which I sometimes do if I have a 'stay at home day') and I still remember that pizza, must have left an impression! Loads of brekky idea to be found. One thing I did last time I did atkins was cook up a batch of bacon, sausages, boil eggs and sometimes fry smoked mackerel and keep it in tupperware in the fridge. I always hated the smell of the frying in my hair so if I did it on one night and then I could have my breakfast ready made for the rest of the week. I started off heating it up in the micro to warm up but I didn't mind it cold and stopped reheating soon after. Good luck! x

That pizza sounds super yummy! Silly question but how do you prepare the avocado for that dish? I've never really used avodacos before because of them being the most calorific veggie (or are they a fruit, I never know...) when I was calorie counting. x

Back