Finally got weighed

wannaloose18stone

From The Black Country
I finally got weighed today 6 1/2 weeks after my bypass operation and I've lost 6 stone in those 6 weeks, that makes my total loss with pre op dieting 9 stone. :eek:

Wooooooooo Hoooooooo.

9 more stone to go and I will be happy at thay. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sure it must have been a tough decision having the bypass but you have done fantastically well. keep it up and you will soon be a shadow of your former self!!!!!!!!!

It wasnt to tough a decision as my life was crap, having found out more on the statistics front since the op I'm starting to wonder if its worth the gamble...........

Oh babes!!! Wish I had some words of wisdom for you. But look what you have done for yourself in only six and a half weeks.

Sorry to jump on this thread ladies but Im popping over from surgical weight loss forum, wannaloose you claim on there that there is a 50% death rate after this op within two years and quoted that you recieved the information from a surgical seminar, I have asked for you to show where this seminar was but Im still waiting along with some other very worried people.

Sorry to jump on this thread ladies but Im popping over from surgical weight loss forum, wannaloose you claim on there that there is a 50% death rate after this op within two years and quoted that you recieved the information from a surgical seminar, I have asked for you to show where this seminar was but Im still waiting along with some other very worried people.

I'm worried aswell, I'm trying to find out the facts of this seminar, my source is someone I trust so as soon as I know more I will let you know.
All I know is I think the true facts of whats what on this op are not easy to find......

What makes you worry about death at this point? I would have thought this might have worried you just prior to having your surgery due to the risks of local anesthetic and your weight at the time of surgery etc.......

I really think you should contact the secretary of the surgeon who performed your op and he/she will be able to give you up to date, reliable statistics and hopefully put your mind at ease. My friend has just has this op 3 months ago and she would have told me if there was a 50% a she certainly wouldn't have taken that risk. Give that a try ' cos its only a quick phonecall and let us know how you get on. To be honest anyone can join these sort of forums and how can we verrify what they are saying is 100% accurate!!!!!!??????

I'm a bit more worried about some of the long term complications that can be involved, just worrying over something that hasnt happend yet I guess. What will be will be now.....

Back