Finally had the Quorn Steaks!

Starlight

Gold Member
Ive only had them in the fridge for about 10 days and as they were fast approaching the sell by date I thought I better use them.

They definitely get the thumbs up! 2 good sized 'steaks' with a pepper seasoning (dont I sound like a food reviewer lol) and only 1.5 points each!!

Ive been looking at Tesco.com and they have a stack of Quorn products, I think Ill start working my way through the list ;)

Definitely worth a try - Im now officially a Quorn convert

I've only tried the quorn tesco things was not too keen mind you it was only the sausages and OH said they tasted like rubber lol

Have still got the hot dog sausages that I brought months ago and not tried any of the other yet. The Mince quorn tesco that I have says you have to cook it in water is that right or can you just shove it straight in a chilli?????

I've been veggie nearly 20 years & always find that Quorn gives me bad wind but the Linda McCartney ones don't. If you're trying stuff give the LM sausages a whirl. They're lovely!

I wont open my hot dog sausages then lol they have been in the freezer since I brought them eeerrrrr (2 months ago) the sausages where bad enough so never dared open them and try lol

Thanks for that will try the LM ones

Hi Clair
I have hered that you soak it overnight to keep the taste in hun but when i do a chilli i usually spray the pan with frylight then when it is more or less bron i start adding the onion and peppers or what you want to put in i have never used water for my mince i dry fry it .
But if you want supose you could put it straight into chilli dont think it will matter hun
Hope this has helped

Thanks
Best wishes

I love the quorn dipper thingys, and I like the lasagne, its very tasty. I too don't like the sausages very much either! Have used quorn mince to make spag bol and chilli, and its OK, but you need to add a beef stock cube to get some full flavour. The best thing is you know you aren't going to get any bits of gristle or any little boney bits! I haven't tried the chicken style pieces yet, will report back. The chicken style burgers are very nice too, as are the ones that come with a cheesy/broccoli topping. Hope this helps!

Oh yeah, they also do garlic "chicken" things, they are very very nice too!

These are all the Quorn products in the orange packs/boxes, I haven't tried any of the equivalents.

Hi Clair
I have hered that you soak it overnight to keep the taste in hun but when i do a chilli i usually spray the pan with frylight then when it is more or less bron i start adding the onion and peppers or what you want to put in i have never used water for my mince i dry fry it .

I always use the quorn mince straight from the freezer so I chuck the bag in the microwave briefly to heat it through a bit so the ice hydrates it. Then the onions/peppers/mushrooms/herbs give it flavour. I also use the fry light spray.

The beanfeast sachets you can get are great for giving bolognese a strong flavour as it's already all seasoned.

I am veggie and eat a fair bit of Quorn stuff. I love the cottage pie (dead filling and quite low in points too), the chicken pieces are nice but they don't need much cooking. I did them in a slow cooker once and they went to nothing! The sausages I prefer to the Linda McCartney ones, but again don't overcook or they go very rubbery. It's pretty much all good!:cool:

And low in points, bonus!!:)

Back