finding CD really difficult to stick to!!! any tips?

tara1

Hi,
I've stuck to ss properly for 4 days and no more I keep stopping and starting this whole month i have found the diet so hard to stick to, and to resist temptation, i wake up every morning determined, yet by lunch or evening i cave in and eat ahhh! dont no wat to do can't stick to it for long, anyone got any tips to help me stay on ss for longer than 4 days :eek:

Oh tara1

I can really relate to your post ~ its a nightmare, once you have cheated once its really hard to get back on track. try and think why you have started this crazy journey in the first place and KEEP OUT OF THE KITCHEN, remove yourself from the food on the 4th day and then before you know it you will be on day 7

I have just started splitting the pack and only having half ~ that way you can have 6 little meals during the day and its easier. Another life saver is cut the bars into 16 little pieces and freeze them (8 at a time) and when the urge to eat becomes tooooooo bad ~ kettle on ~ black coffee and have some of the frozen bars ~ yummy the chocolate ones taste like a caramel sweetie and it works and takes the urge off to cheat

Good luck with your 56lb to go ~ its easy peasy lemon squeezy ~ come on you know you can !!!!

i 'm just so hungry and get head aches, not used to dieting much as i piled on the pounds in uni recently, but wow ur weight loss is so good really motivating!!

Hi tara... dont worry hun im just the same ive been doing cd nearly 3 weeks and I've not made it past day 4 properly yet either.
Every time i mess up it continues for a few days!!
Everything you said is just what happens 2 me, i start off fine it's tea time or early evening it goes wrong for me :(
All i do is keep trying.. drinking lots of water!!

Sorry i cant offer any help or advice, just wanted you 2 know your not alone hun. :)

ope someone comes along soon with some good advice!
And i really hope it all comes good for you :)
Good luck... Donna xx

donnamarie_ its a relief to know i'm not the only one ive been reading so many inspiring threads and keep thinking why can't i do it too is it just me!! lol so difficult:confused: hopefully will get some good tips that will help us both:eek:

Hey Tara

I am only at the end of day 10 but the way I get through when I starving or see nice food is to write in my likkle diary all the reasons why I want to do this. (If not my diary then a piece of paper).

Most of my reasons or goals are quite close and it usually just depends what I want more - for example I want to try indoor climbing and have promised me that when I am in the early 13s - writing it down enforces it sort of spurs me on for a while?

Tara

I always think that knowledge is power and hence the more you know about the diet the better.

Therefore read up on ketosis, i.e. how it takes a few days to kick in and then offers a duvet of hunger protection, by getting to day 4 you are basically at the "danger" stage as you are hungry but if you just hung in there for another 48 hours then you would suddenly not be hungry again and then cooking some fat.

Mike

That's just how i felt, thats why i thought i'd post on your thread.
Im sure alot of people started out this way too.

Thanks hun.. i think shazza gave some good advice just now.. splitting the packs and freezing the bars... im gonna try that.

Also alot of people have said to me "keep your eye on the prize, the end result cause it wont be long till your there"

And i dont know about you but after a few days of s/s 100% i feel great!!
And once ive eaten i feel crap.. it makes me feel physically sick and very bloated, ill infact.
So i just started writing things down, (like a diary) so hopefully ill remember how bad i felt, the next time i go too mess up again! Cause for me it's really not worth it (yet we still do it)
Im hoping if i stick with it, ill soon get it lol!!

i 'm just so hungry and get head aches, not used to dieting much as i piled on the pounds in uni recently, but wow ur weight loss is so good really motivating!!

Thanks for that

If you have a headache I think you need to drink more water

Reading these threads can be really inspiring but also you can feel inadequate. These diet is really really hard and loosing this weight is the most difficult thing that I have ever done. I give myself a pat on the back for each and every day I manage to stick to SS. Dont beat yourself up ~ its not easy mate just take it one day at a time and it will come. Icemoose is spot on (expert on giving advise !!!!) it does get easier ~ headaches go and you dont even feel hungry.

Keep at it !!!

The headaches are likely to be carb withdrawal as the body craves carbs like a drug.

Usually cheap chalky paracetamol and water will be enough to get you through, by the end of the first seven days you should have got through the carb withdrawal and then be fine.

As with any medical query though if you are concerned about how you are feeling then pop along and see your GP.

Mike

Hi Tara, I have just complete day 5 , so far i have been able to not cheat, although the the thought of stopping has came in and out of my head for the since yesterday, as everytype of food is appealling to me. What i find that has been helping, is i have the first shake about 12ish maybe shotrly after depending how soon i get out of lectures, then i have the second anywhere between 4-6 and the final one between 8-9. I find starting them later in the day helps alot. If i were to have the first one at 8:30 before going out i would be hungry again and 11/12 and wanting the third one around 4/5ish then i would be hungrier in the evening.

I hope that helps x

Good advice from Lucy

I always found by leaving my packs till later in the day it is easier as you always have something to look forward to, I used to have the last pack not that long before bed as then you never felt deprived.

Mike

That's just how i felt, thats why i thought i'd post on your thread.
Im sure alot of people started out this way too.

Thanks hun.. i think shazza gave some good advice just now.. splitting the packs and freezing the bars... im gonna try that.

Also alot of people have said to me "keep your eye on the prize, the end result cause it wont be long till your there"

And i dont know about you but after a few days of s/s 100% i feel great!!
And once ive eaten i feel crap.. it makes me feel physically sick and very bloated, ill infact.
So i just started writing things down, (like a diary) so hopefully ill remember how bad i felt, the next time i go too mess up again! Cause for me it's really not worth it (yet we still do it)
Im hoping if i stick with it, ill soon get it lol!!

yeah i felt sick to when i started eating normally again and really guilty about messing up the 4 days after all the hard work i put in, i think i will do the same and write how I felt down so when i'm tempted next it helps me stop! everyones given really good advice will defo try it. thanks good luck all xxxx:)

I usually have my first shake at about 10, my second at about 2, then when i get home at about 5:30, i take two heaped scoops of the vanilla shake and mix it up in the blender with 1 teaspoon of coffee and a cup of hot water. I can make 3 "coffee" drinks from one sachet and after the second one i am absolutely stuffed. This works really well for me on days when i could eat a horse!

Good luck honey

Back