Finding it hard to stay focused?

Back to SW and only 3 weeks in and i am feeling the struggle already, how do i stay focused, any suggestions? i have a lot of weight to lose, so need to get back into the "zone", all ideas are welcome :sigh:

ClaudiaPerone said:
Back to SW and only 3 weeks in and i am feeling the struggle already, how do i stay focused, any suggestions? i have a lot of weight to lose, so need to get back into the "zone", all ideas are welcome :sigh:

Set yourself small goals, like every 7lbs or something, give yourself a sense of acheivement every few weeks maybe?

I agree with Welshie, setting mini-goals really helps to keep me focused. At the moment I have 3:

* Be in the 12's by the time I go to see Coldplay (07/06/12)
* To have lost 2st by my 21st Birthday (08/07/12)
* To have lost 3st by the time I go to Marmaris (03/09/12)

That way, you have something to focus on and aim for. I noticed that you are currently in the 20's - why not set yourself a target of being in the 19's by a certain date, for example? Do you have any social events coming up which can spur you on? Set yourself ambitious but realistic targets and really push yourself to meet them.

Also, what about a money incentive. As you're looking to lose so much weight, you're going to need a brand new wardrobe! Why not start off a money jar and save £1 for every 1lb you lose at weigh in - I love the thought of new clothes, so I know this would really spur me on too.

Or, do you have any friends that are also following Slimming World? If so, why not start off a little healthy competition? See who can lose the most in a month, for example.

Hopefully some of these ideas will help.

Thanks to you both, i think that is the thing, i am an all or nothing thinking person, the minute i start a diet i become really hard on myself, i need to set milestones, i have my neice's communion in 2 weeks time, could set myself a 7lbs weight loss by then, do-able as when i stick to the plan i have amazing losses, bigger you are the bigger the losses i find (why dont i keep that in mind??) and i have a dress to wear but would be more comfortable if i lost a little more!! The money jar is great, i did that the first time round, made £54 i completely forgot...thanks for reminder!!! it was fun too!! Next goal could be, my cousins christening in June, i am going to be the godmother, want to be in my 19's by then...oh this is helping...thanks to you both!! xx

Back