Step 1 Sole Source + Finding me again

hurfbird

Hi - I thought I would start my diary as need something to distract me while the kids eat pizza and my husband eats a curry. I have 5 stone to loose and I am nearing the end of my first week on ss+. I was put on 4 shakes as I am 6ft tall but haven't been having the milk or food so guess I am on SS rather than SS+?
Anyway, this week has been ok, never thought I could survive on shakes only as always justified my large appetite on the fact I am tall but this is an excuse and one of the reasons why I am overweight!
I have enjoyed this week and especially cutting out the wine which had become a bit of a habit, I am sleeping much better and don't feel as bloated so all is good, I have also found I seem to be saving money as not buying expensive lunches and snacks at Costa Coffee when I am out at work.
I'll update this diary as I go through my journey - I would love to be at least two stone lighter by the Christmas party at work :rolleyes:

well been for weigh in this morning and although it has only been five days I have lost 10lb!!! very very pleased, just need to keep the motivation now and not reward myself woth my normal treat of food and wine.

Also tried the spicy tomato soup - not good, have chicken and mushroom and veg to try as well so hoping I'll like one of them

hurfbird said:
well been for weigh in this morning and although it has only been five days I have lost 10lb!!! very very pleased, just need to keep the motivation now and not reward myself woth my normal treat of food and wine.

Also tried the spicy tomato soup - not good, have chicken and mushroom and veg to try as well so hoping I'll like one of them

Well done hurfbird! Brilliant loss in only 5 days. ;-)

arrgh - help!! everyone is out of the house and there is an open pack of chocolate digestives, so tempted to just have a sneaky one but know I will be cross with myself if I do. :(

hurfbird said:
arrgh - help!! everyone is out of the house and there is an open pack of chocolate digestives, so tempted to just have a sneaky one but know I will be cross with myself if I do. :(

Oh nooo! Sorry didn't see this til now! How did you get on?? Hope you didn't give in to the choccies digestive :) but if you did, today's a new day so just start over.

I am exactly the same, I crave toast with lashing of butter and milky coffee! But then I look through pictures of myself and think nooooo, I do not want to be this size!! It works! :)
X

I didn't cave - I was grumpy but stuck to it and was proud of myself today.
Why is is always the bad stuff we crave, why can't I wake up and think ooohhh, I'd love a banana milkshake now?

Hi there...thanks for your support in my diary! Its nice to have a fellow tall person here!! Hows your day been? I have started treating myself with massages and facials etc in a local spa, much better than the nasty food and to be honest, its probably cheaper really, if I added up all the 5pounds here and there i spent on junk through the week! :)

Hi - thanks for your post, good idea about treats that don't involve food. I have been for a walk tonight and feeling bit light headed now, trying to shift this as quickly as possible and need to calm down a bit.

How have you got on today?

well I have got weigh in on Sat - had a little blip on Tuesday night and ended up eating a cheese topped roll, didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would but I have been sticking to it completely now out of guilt. Really hope I have had a decent loss on Saturday but if I haven't I only have myself to blame.

Think I am going to move onto 810 from next week, these cold nights are making me want food rather than a milkshake and I don't want to fall off the wagon at all - has anyone else done this, how did it affect your weight loss?

Just benefit another 5k walk with the dogs, they are loving this new routine and it gives me something to do when the family are eating. It is soo cold tonight, I had been craving jacket spud or fish and chips but I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans yesterday and I am determined to get into them for a get together with my old work colleagues in two weeks time- so must stay strong and shed those pounds!
Weigh in was Saturday and lost 4lb, so that is a stone in two weeks, would love it to carry on like that but doubt it!!

Another day closer to my ideal weight, I am taking each day at a time and anytime I feel hungry or think I am going too cheat, I step on the scales, seeing that weight infront of me reminds me why I am doing this and I am having to say no to cakes and biscuits now because I have said yes too many times in the past.
People have started to notice I am loosing weight which feels great but can't forget I have so much more to lose. So many times before I have rewarded weight loss with a treat of food or wine - what a silly pointless and destructive way to reward weight loss!!! Shoes and clothes have become my reward now, money is tight so these are bought on eBay but it makes me feel great to finally be able to look at nice clothes and not things to hide as much of myself as possible in.
Anyway - prattled on for long enough, night night

Today was soo hard - my boss bought doughnuts into work and they smelt amazing, all I have wanted to do is eat today and although I've lost a stone, nothing feels baggy anymore and the clothes that have been too small are still too small.
Need to give myself a slap and be positive, I am doing this as I made the wrong decisions about food and wine and my weight got out of control, I am taking control of it finally and need to keep going

Hubbie has gone out to get him and the kids KFC, this is going to be hard, today has been a very tough day - we had payday lunch at work and we all went to an Indian Buffett, I offered to stay and man the phones but they wanted everyone there. The smell was amazing but I just sipped water and chatted.
Some days I find easy and some are horrendous - i just need to keep thinking about those scales moving down and how much better I will feel about myself.
Has anyone else suffered with bad breath? I know it can be part of the diet but I work in face to face sales and it is not a good first impression to make on a new client!! Need to find something that can help with this soon as chewing gum doesn't seem to last.
weigh in again in the morning and really hoping I have had a good loss, I am thinking of adding a meal next week but will see how I get on at the weekend - hope everyone out there is having a good friday night, oh how I have changed, I would be tucking into a bottle of wine and a takeaway by now but guess that is why I am the size that I am!!

Feeling bit deflated - just been to weigh in and lost 2lbs??? Have stuck to sole source all week and it isn't totm. I know the inches are going down too but only had a small loss last week too, it is very hard when you've been good all week and this diet is so hard, you need to keep seeing the losses to keep you going and I am not

Hi Hurfbird.....it can be a bit demoralising can't it? I do find that sometimes our bodys take some time to 'catch' up if that makes sense? I have seen people on here who have a couple of days cheating and are then pleasantly surprised to have lost at weigh in....then the next week they have a gain or stay the same and are really surprised because they were 100% that week but it's obviously just their bodies 'catching' up.

When we are eating so little calories it feels like it is going so slowly, but it really isn't if you look at the bigger picture.

I have been lucky to have quite 'big' losses every week (3lbs being my lowest) but my OH had one week where he lost 1.5lbs. He was so shocked and honestly, if it hadn't been for me being on the plan I think he would have quit there and then. But he carried on. The next week he lost 3lbs. Still not a massive loss and we were all a bit confused. Then he lost 9lbs in one week! On week 5! Then last week (Week 6) he lost 5lbs. It's crazy how our bodies work! He has been doing SS+ for the last 3 days so it'll be interesting to see how this translates at the weigh in on wednesday! I've been SS 100% and according to the scales this morning haven't lost anything yet and was on my period at last weigh in so I thought there would be a massive difference?!

But I shall carry on regardless as I know my body will catch up and I'm certainly losing weight quicker with this than I would if I were following another diet.

Focus on the inch loss - have you got before/after pics? I look at them when I'm feeling a bit deflated and it really helps. I also try and keep and some clothes close to hand that don't fit and it is so motivating when they do fit and then when they become loose!

Nikie said:
Hi Hurfbird.....it can be a bit demoralising can't it? I do find that sometimes our bodys take some time to 'catch' up if that makes sense? I have seen people on here who have a couple of days cheating and are then pleasantly surprised to have lost at weigh in....then the next week they have a gain or stay the same and are really surprised because they were 100% that week but it's obviously just their bodies 'catching' up.

When we are eating so little calories it feels like it is going so slowly, but it really isn't if you look at the bigger picture.

I have been lucky to have quite 'big' losses every week (3lbs being my lowest) but my OH had one week where he lost 1.5lbs. He was so shocked and honestly, if it hadn't been for me being on the plan I think he would have quit there and then. But he carried on. The next week he lost 3lbs. Still not a massive loss and we were all a bit confused. Then he lost 9lbs in one week! On week 5! Then last week (Week 6) he lost 5lbs. It's crazy how our bodies work! He has been doing SS+ for the last 3 days so it'll be interesting to see how this translates at the weigh in on wednesday! I've been SS 100% and according to the scales this morning haven't lost anything yet and was on my period at last weigh in so I thought there would be a massive difference?!

But I shall carry on regardless as I know my body will catch up and I'm certainly losing weight quicker with this than I would if I were following another diet.

Focus on the inch loss - have you got before/after pics? I look at them when I'm feeling a bit deflated and it really helps. I also try and keep and some clothes close to hand that don't fit and it is so motivating when they do fit and then when they become loose!

Thank you for your words of encouragement, sometimes you just need someone to give you some motivation to carry on x

This forum is full of ladies and men offering words of support and the benefit of their advice. The weekends are normally a bit quieter on here, but come the working week everyone is back to catch up and report back!

The weekends are the toughest time for me as I don't have 'much' to distract me but I'm all motivated and ready for the week ahead!

How are you feeling now? I hope you have a renewed sense of determination, it really will be worth it I promise!

Hi - thank you, feeling much better now, my 13 year old daughter has just said "wow - that diet is good, your legs look loads better", I am over the moon and determined to make those skinny jeans look good on friday night!!
How has your weekend been?

feel really bloated tonight - had my shakes and a cranberry bar but just drank three pints of water and it is sitting in my tummy like I have just eaten Christmas lunch!!! wasn't expecting that at all and guess I'll also be up all night weeing!!
I am so tempted to move onto 810 and have a meal in the evening but everytime I go to buy the food, I put it back as I am petrified it will make me put on weight. I know loads of people have had great losses by doing 810 and when I did the Cambridge 4 years ago, that is the plan I did but I so want to lose this weight as quickly as possible, I am panicking about doing anything wrong

Back