Findus Fresher Taste roasted Chicken Breast

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Happylittlegoatgirl, 28 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Happylittlegoatgirl

Happylittlegoatgirl Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    well I cant find the value so tried the online calculator... and it says 11.5 syns :( I find it hard to believe one chicken breast in tomatoe dressing can be so bad?? have I done the calculator wrong?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm guessing this is a ready/frozen meal?

4. Happylittlegoatgirl

Diet:
    Slimming World
    it is whole frozen chicken breast in abot 3 tablespoon of tomato dressing with it. I have now ate 1/2 of if so will count 6 points for the half portion.

5. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    These sort of things are highly synned because they've been processed and all sorts of things added to them, did you have no other option of free food at all?

6. Derbynanny

Derbynanny Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
  7. RegField

RegField Silver Member

What's in the tomato dressing? Oil, perhaps? For this sort of thing you really need to check out the ingredient list.

8. Happylittlegoatgirl

Diet:
    Slimming World
    no I didnt put in chicken, maybe that is what went wrong, yes I had free foods with it, patatoes & spinach

9. RegField

RegField Silver Member

I have found the ingredients list online (from Sainsburys website, they are very good at giving the complete ingredients list)

Potatoes (32%), Cooked Chicken Breast (22%), Sun Dried Tomato Dressing, Red Pepper (8%), Courgettes (8%), Yellow Pepper (5%), Red Onion, Potatoes contain: Potatoes (94%), Vegetable Oil, Dextrose, Cooked Chicken Breast contains: Chicken (96%), Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, D-xylose Sugar, Sun Dried Tomato Dressing contains: Passatta (40%), Water, Sun Dried Tomato Paste (16%) (Sun Dried Tomato, Tomato Paste, Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Sea Salt, Seasoning (Garlic, White Pepper, Oregano, Chilli)), Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil, Lemon Juice, Basil, Sugar, Parsley, Salt, Garlic Purée, White Pepper, Thickeners: Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum; Cayenne Pepper.

So there is dextrose which is a type of sugar, another type of sugar, three types of oil, thickeners and tomato paste, all of which have syns.

10. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    it actually has more potato than chicken too, so you would select potato as the free food rather than chicken.

11. RegField

RegField Silver Member

You are right - hadn't noticed that!

12. Derbynanny

Derbynanny Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.