Fingers down 3/4 sizes

kered

Gold Member
I have been saying for the last few weeks my rings have gone very loose, well yesterday I got up and after a couple of hours I discovered my engagement ring was missing, I searched everywhere for it and after nearly 3 hours of going into every nook and cranny I had been to, even searching through the shredded cabbage and bins I gave up and put it down to (lost, never to be found) I felt really gutted.

When I was getting ready for last nights nightshift, I found my ring inside the sleeve of my work polo shirt, I was over the moon.

First thing I did today was go to the jewellers to get some taken out of them. I was gobsmacked when my engagement ring and wedding ring had to be taken down 3 sizes and my eternity ring had to be taken down 4 sizes.

There you are folks, its not just our bodies slimming down, but fingers too.

I got the 3 rings downsized for £19.97.

Thanks Chuckki, my Daughter used to call me shovel hands, I always hated them, but now they are not so bad. My rings are shining as they jeweller cleaned and polished them too.

PHEW! Thank God you found it!!!!

It is my watch for me.....it is swinging around on my wrist now....

Isn't it amazing all the places we have fat and don't even notice!

Kered - did you weigh in today??? How is refeed going??

Yes I am delighted Sara. Get your watch done hun before it drops off you like my ring did.

Weigh in was cancelled until tomorrow morning. Looks like I have stayed the same judging by my sneaky weigh ins at home, but I wont be disappointed to stay the same this week or even next week too, as KD explained a lot to me in the calorie forum, the glycogen levels go back to a normal level and these carry water with them, so not fat gain, but just water retaining. My Pharmacist also told me I could sts or even have a small gain the first week or two.

Going great up to now and I am obsessed by calories now, even pointing out to my Husband how many calories in his lager that he is sat here drinking......lol. My work colleague had a large bag of maltesers last night, I soon told her that there were over 500 calories in that bag, must stop this though, I am like one of those reformed smokers........hehe.

Aww bless! well done babes. My fingers have slimmed down too LOL

Yes I am delighted Sara. Get your watch done hun before it drops off you like my ring did.

Weigh in was cancelled until tomorrow morning. Looks like I have stayed the same judging by my sneaky weigh ins at home, but I wont be disappointed to stay the same this week or even next week too, as KD explained a lot to me in the calorie forum, the glycogen levels go back to a normal level and these carry water with them, so not fat gain, but just water retaining. My Pharmacist also told me I could sts or even have a small gain the first week or two.

Going great up to now and I am obsessed by calories now, even pointing out to my Husband how many calories in his lager that he is sat here drinking......lol. My work colleague had a large bag of maltesers last night, I soon told her that there were over 500 calories in that bag, must stop this though, I am like one of those reformed smokers........hehe.

Yes I put up 3lbs after stopping LT last time and figured it to be fluid??? It was like within 3 days of stopping TFR. So staying the same will be great!

I hope to maintain with ww. Purely as I find it an easy way on monitoring what I am eating. By pointing everything.

But yes if you don't stop counting your husbands calories you will end up skinny, fabulous but divorced!!

Good luck tomorrow.

I'm so glad you found it, about 8/10 months ago I had to take off my wedding ring as it was getting so tight around my finger, so brought a larger gold band to wear and put my proper one somewhere safe, just two weeks ago I actually tried my ring on after losing 3 stone and already it fit again, not quite comfortable but good enough to be ok to wear again....it had felt like a betrayal almost to have had to of taken it off but its made me well chuffed to wear it again and dump the larger one...which had begun to drop off my finger!

Yes I put up 3lbs after stopping LT last time and figured it to be fluid??? It was like within 3 days of stopping TFR. So staying the same will be great!

I hope to maintain with ww. Purely as I find it an easy way on monitoring what I am eating. By pointing everything.

But yes if you don't stop counting your husbands calories you will end up skinny, fabulous but divorced!!

Good luck tomorrow.

Bless him, he puts up with me talking about food all day long, I know its boring to people who aren't watching their weight, but it is like a mini obsession to me and I guess many others, thats whats great about this forum.

Not saying I will stick to calories in the long term, but just a getting used to judging my servings now by seeing how much is on the plate for the amount of calories. The danger of SW or WW core plan for me is that the foods were free in the certain bracket, hence the larger meals, but will definitely do calories for a few months to monitor.

Thanks Sara, I too will be happy with a STS for a couple of weeks, but then I want to lose these last remaining lbs. You wont be long before you are joining me hun.

I'm so glad you found it, about 8/10 months ago I had to take off my wedding ring as it was getting so tight around my finger, so brought a larger gold band to wear and put my proper one somewhere safe, just two weeks ago I actually tried my ring on after losing 3 stone and already it fit again, not quite comfortable but good enough to be ok to wear again....it had felt like a betrayal almost to have had to of taken it off but its made me well chuffed to wear it again and dump the larger one...which had begun to drop off my finger!

Yeah I know what you mean Lou, only the day before I wore the rings on different fingers due to the looseness of them, but it felt so strange and uncomfortable wearing them on the different fingers that I put them back on. Well done to you for getting your old ring back on when you found it.

How have you been today?

wahey!
:banana dancer:

great feeling i bet :)

Should go and get a manicure and false nails now to show off my new smaller shinier rings......lol

Congratulations on losing weight and getting to refeed hun! Fantastic that you found your ring. Thats such a sentimental item and I would have been so sad if you'd not found it. But all's well that ends well and you did so yay!! I don't really wear Jewellery much, just earrings so haven't got anything to compare it to lol. :D:D:D xxx

I am the same Abbie, I only wear my watch, earrings and my 3 rings on my wedding finger.

Since buying new clothes on losing weight, I am getting hooked on all the costume jewellery though, there are some stunning ones that really compliment your outfits. I had a bargain in BHS, all reduced and also buy 2 get 3rd free. Ended up with 3 necklaces, 2 bracelets and 2 pairs of earrings for £9. All packed ready for the holidays in June lol.

Well done you - I'm hoping when I end this that I will be able to get my wedding ring, engagement ring and eternity ring on again together. I haven't worn my wedding ring for the last 4 years as my eternity ring and engagement ring were the most comfy.

It will feel great for you to be able to wear your Wedding Ring again, it will happen soon, you are having great losses.

Mine were just spinning around on my finger, as I was quite big when I got married 20 years ago, so its a new wife for my OH lol.

So pleased you found your ring Kered! I got one of those plastic rings fitted to my ring to stop them coming off. It's only temporary until I have my rings changed when I reach my goal weight. Can't believe how much fat we lose from our fingers on this. Didn't think they were that fat to start with but they obviously were.

So pleased you found your ring Kered! I got one of those plastic rings fitted to my ring to stop them coming off. It's only temporary until I have my rings changed when I reach my goal weight. Can't believe how much fat we lose from our fingers on this. Didn't think they were that fat to start with but they obviously were.

I was going to get the thing fitted to hold the rings on, but the Jeweller only sold the gold ones, about £5 but they are only good to take the ring down one size she said, also one of my rings is a thin gold, so it wasnt wide enough for the eternity ring.

I know, its surprising where it comes off from, I think my feet have shrunk a little too, my shoes are much looser :eek:

Thank goodness you've had your rings altered. Now you CANT put the weight back on now. I can't wait to taste real food again and I can see I am going to be every bit as obsessed as you with the calorie counting and amounts of food I will then consume......A work colleague crunches a toasted cheese sandwich next to me each morning and THAT really gets me.....cant remember crunching anything but ice-cubes for 4 weeks now......!

Thank goodness you've had your rings altered. Now you CANT put the weight back on now. I can't wait to taste real food again and I can see I am going to be every bit as obsessed as you with the calorie counting and amounts of food I will then consume......A work colleague crunches a toasted cheese sandwich next to me each morning and THAT really gets me.....cant remember crunching anything but ice-cubes for 4 weeks now......!
Ooooh I know, no gaining for me now or OH will go mad if he has to put more gold into my rings lol.
Hurry up and get to re-feed and we can compare calories lol, and tell that work colleague of yours to crunch her toastie a bit quieter - some people have no consideration lol.

The jeweller I went to told me the gold bands they fit to your rings could harm the gold so advised me to buy a plastic one instead. Does the trick thankfully, I'd be gutted to lose any of my rings. I was in work the other day and reached for a file and my 3 wedding rings flew off my finger and under a desk! I couldn't believe it!

Back