First Day Done! & A few Q's

JJR93

First day finished on LLT - Myself and my partner (Username: LucyItani) are doing it together.

I really thought I would struggle the first day but it really has not been that bad. I would say so far I have drank around 2.5 litres of water.

For the first 3 days I cannot have a bar so instead im having an extra shake. Just a question do you guys think the shakes are more filling than the bars?

Also another question how long would you guys say it takes to get into Ketosis. - What are the signs to look out for?

Thanks guys! - Lets hope tomorrow brings another positive day.

Some people find that they are more hungry after the bars than the other packs. However, I think that the most likely explanation is that the extra carbs in the bars kick off carb cravings in some people. Luckily I don't have that problem! Once you are in ketosis your hunger will be supressed and as long as ou have your packs regularly any hunger you feel is more likely to be about wanting food, rather than physical hunger.

It seems to take around 4/5 days to get into ketosis. For some people this is an easy process but for others it can be tough. Until you are in ketosis you could feel hungry and not that well. That will all go away once you're there. You may also get carb withdrawal headaches in the first week.

You know you're in ketosis when you aren't that hungry and you're mouth may taste a bit metallic. You'll also be in fat burning mode so losing quite a bit each week. Your counsellor will have ketostix which you can use when you go for your weigh in which indicate whether you are in ketosis. However, they often say you're not when you are - I don't think it's worth your while to be honest. If you aren't too hungry and you're losing weigh then who cares whether you're in ketosis or not?!

Well done on first day.
I don't really find any difference between bars and shakes but I do struggle a bit with bars being a bit moreish.
I think this is because I would eat a lot of chocolate or sweet treat rather than just a small portion and because I really like the bars theres association going on.
Some people have said that too many bars slow their weight loss down but my LLC told me they didn't affect it.
Ketosis, normally about 3 days to get into it.
Any side effects experienced like headaches go and I felt full of energy. Also physical hunger went and felt full most of the time. Sleep pattern can improve.
You can buy ketostix that your urine will change to pink once in ketosis but if your doing a pop in your LLC should have for you to use. If they go too pink it means you are dehydrated.
However a few people get into ketosis and never change the colour of these sticks.
Really do hope you and your friend have a positive day tomorrow.

Thanks. :)

Back