First day of the Atkins today! Would like to say helloooo :-)

sienna89

Hello everyone :)

Today is my first day of the Atkins diet plan. I have read the book to the end of induction phase as I intend to stay on induction for 4 weeks. I currently have around 20 to 25 pounds to lose and am hoping to accomplish this by April :)) I hope this is not to ambitious??

So, I am guessing many of u guys on here have alot of experience with the Atkins diet?? I would be really interested in hearing your stories and motivation techniques to help me along my journey. On the same note I would love to find a buddy who has also just started to share the journey with :)))

Well, that's my introduction over with, I look forward to hearing lots of positive things and to learn new things

Xx

20lbs by the start of April may be a tiny bit ambitious, especially if that's all you have to lose. As a very rough guide (everyone is different) you might lose between 4-7lb the first week and then on average 2lb per week thereafter - the same rate as any (non vlcd) diet. So that's about 8lbs a month, after the first week. Loss can slow down when you're very close to target, too - but not for everyone!

Of course you might well lose faster, but don't be disheartened if you don't. If you stick to induction you'll still have a great loss to show by then.

Welcome to Atkins!

Eta: ooh motivation techniques - well the most important thing for my way of managing this diet is to plan ahead. I plan a week ahead on an app called mfp which tracks my carbs and calories so I know what I have to eat each day. It's made a huge difference to me.

Feel free to read my Atkins questions answered thread for more tips.

Hi Sienna and welcome

If you have time, have a good read of some of the diaries on here - very inspirational and motivating :)

Hello and thanks for the replies :)

Will have a look right now at some of the diaries, maybe start my own. Have you all been on the Atkins long? I feel somewhat wrong, or as if the diet won't work due to the amount of fats I am consuming... It feels impossible! Does anyone know what I mean or had these feelings before? Kind of feel scared to eat lol!!!

Also if a tablespoon of mayo has 0.3 grams of carbs and I just had 4 (thought it was unlimited) how do I count that and have I messed day one up eating so much mayo?? :/

Sorry for all the questions, just trying my best to gain knowledge and do my ultimate best at this diet

Sienna x

Hello jen :)

Great that u have stuck to it for the week!! I have sort of struggled today, sat here now on the sofa whle my bf making some lovely pasta :-( I could sooooo eat some now lol.

Have u seen any results over your first week?

X

Yes, I have lost 11 lbs! Most of that has to be water weight but ill take it! I know it will slow down later. Don't give in to the pasta! After a few days your appetite will be under control. Pasta is my favorite but you just need to decide what's most important. You can do it!

thanks :) I want to lose 20 pounds by April, it seems ambitious but I will be doing the 30 day shred too. That alone can knock 12 pounds off easily if done correctly! Do you exercise?? X

How are you doing Sienna.. we started around the same time altho i have tons of weight to shift. Hope we both get the results we want. Good Luck x

Back