1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Step 1 Sole Source + First day on Cambridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by F1ona, 2 February 2014 Social URL.

1. F1ona

F1ona Member

Hello. I have been reading this forum to try and get some support and motivation to start Cambridge. I have had the shakes in my kitchen for nearly two weeks now and I have now found the courage to start! The thought of being hungry scares me..... I am a boredom/stress/emotional eater too so I reckon this will be a massive challenge.

Anyone able to buddy with me to keep me going?

Good luck and well done to all you successful Cambridge dieters out there!!!!
    :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Elna83

Elna83 New Member

Hi F1ona,
    I'm on day 4 now of ss+ an it really isn't as bad as I anticipated. The key is to remain busy I.e read a new book, do a spring clean. I've just taken up doing cross-stitch which I would never thought of doing before, but it takes your mind off things. I think yesterday (3rd day) has been the hardest so far, but hoping ketosis will kick in today and it will get easier!

Good Luck
    Ellie

4. Did you manage to get started Hun? X

5. F1ona

F1ona Member

Hi. Yes! I am now on day 5 and think I must be in ketosis as I am really not hungry at all...which is fab! Since I started at the beginning of the week, I am 4lbs down. I know some people say not to weigh yourself every day, but seeing the losses really motivates me!

Bring it on!

Thanks for your reply x

6. F1ona

F1ona Member

Hi and thanks for your reply. I found day 4 the worst so far, but day 5 much much easier.

How are you feeling?

Which shakes are you enjoying? I love the choc mint. Feels v naughty!!

Good luck and keep going x

7. krazzed

krazzed Well-Known Member

Hi fiona and Elna. I am on day 11 and week two is so much better than week one. I have more energy and feel normal again so don't worry if u find this week really tough it does get easier once you're in ketosis. Day 3-5 were probably worse for me. But weekends in general I find tough so lets see how this weekend goes! I lost 10 lbs in my first week and hoping to loose 5-7 lbs this week! Good luck for the rest of the week to you both. Keep me posted. K x

8. Emzjone62

Emzjone62 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I'm on day 13 and can feel the weight melting off. The first few days are the hardest, I think once I got past day 4 I was cruising. Beginning of my second week I found myself fantasizing about eating food so just kept myself busy and here I am, still 100% on plan. Weigh day tomorrow, fingers crossed for a good result.

Emz x
    Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

9. krazzed

Good luck... We can do it

week 1 = - 10 lbs

10. I'm on day 6 today and have my first weigh in tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what iv lost. Have actually found day 5 and 6 more difficult than the first few days for some reason! Can't stop thinking about food today! X

11. krazzed

I did too. Mentally exhausting but it will ease :)

week 1 = - 10 lbs

12. Soci

Soci Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Glad to hear week two will get a bit easier, good to know! I'm on day 5 now and not feeling great! :(

I have my first weigh in tomorrow though so hopefully that will give me some motivation! :)

13. krazzed

Yea days 3-6 not great. Hang in there. There's a programme on telly called my saggy body

week 1 = - 10 lbs

14. krazzed

How's it going?

week 1 - 10 lbs
    week 2 - 4 lbs
    week 3 - +3.5lbs (after a few days off plan)
    week 4 - 4.5lbs
    week 5

15. Emzjone62

Feeling great, had Saturday night off. Went to a really fantastic restaurant with friends and I can honestly say whatever the results on the scales this Friday it was completely worth it. Hopefully I'll still get a loss though

Week 1) -7
    Week 2) -12
    Week 3) -3
    Week 4) -5

16. krazzed

Youre doing great!!!

week 1 - 10 lbs
    week 2 - 4 lbs
    week 4 - 4.5lbs
    week 5

17. Kimmy Jersey

Kimmy Jersey New Member

Hi Kimmy here, just started CD today on sole source. Doing ok trying to avoid the kitchen and temptation. Trying to get used to the food, liked the shakes vanilla and butterscotch, and the spicy tomato soup, however the porridge is not my bag, took one mouthful and had to throw it away.

On what day does the hunger start to fade?

18. krazzed

When u go into ketosis which can be anywhere from 3-5 days. Stick with it the first week is tough but week two you will feel great and it will get easier. It's more of a mental struggle because I started to crave everything but in week 4 now I'm not craving things as much as I was! I wish you all the best with it... You can do it!!!

week 1 - 10 lbs
    week 2 - 4 lbs
    week 4 - 4.5lbs
    week 5

19. Emzjone62

Yay, even with my night off I still lost 3lbs. Feeling amazing, long way to go but I can see the end happening for once in my diet history. Xx

Week 1) -7
    Week 2) -12
    Week 3) -3
    Week 4) -5
    Week 5) -3 even with a full night off

20. krazzed

Yay well done you're doing amazing! How Mich do u have left to lose?

week 1 - 10 lbs
    week 2 - 4 lbs
    week 4 - 4.5lbs
    week 5

21. Emzjone62

Oh a massive 75lbs to my goal. But I totally believe I can do it this time x

Week 1) -7
    Week 2) -12
    Week 3) -3
    Week 4) -5
    Week 5) -3 (even with a full night off)