First day on Lipotrim! In need of advice!

Hi Everyone,

I just started lipotrim today and my god it's harder than I thought it would be! To start with I'm really not a fan of the taste :( Do you get used to the flavour of them? The thought of drinking another one makes me feel sick, I don't know whether that is because I really want some proper food, or my stomach just doesn't like the shakes?
I am desperate to stick at this diet, but I'm feeling quite ill and it's only day one!

Any advice on how to cope with the hunger and headaches would be much appreciated :) Thanks.

Try mixing your chocolate shake with ice cold peppermint tea it's lovely. I only drink chocolate shakes I can't stomach any of the others. As for headaches and hunger pangs I never really suffered with them sorry I can't help you. Good luck with your LT journey :)

Last edited:
Hi SammyFranks :)

I didn't like the shakes at all at the beginning - not that I like them now, but I'm used to them, so they're all right. If you have them with ice, they're much better. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the rest of your week and for your weigh-in. :)

Hi there. I am on day 2. I'll admit I am wondering if I can keep this up. I don't feel as hungry as I would have expected but it is a bit odd just drinking the shakes. That said, it is a bit odd binge eating food (which is the pattern I want to break) I prefer the vanilla shake flavour. I felt so tired and a bit hungry this afternoon so I drank my shake quite quickly after work. I hope that I get some good results as I really don't want to stay on this any longer than I have to - but I fear I may be disapointed. I need to keep my spirits up though - it can work really well if we keep at it!

Ive got used to the shakes now i think its because that all im eating and have nothing else to look forward to. With the headaches just keep drinking water - if your hungry but have had your shakes/soup for the day i find having a cup of tea with 2 sweeteners in it helps the cravings for food

I also saw on someones thread that if you make the chicken soup into a paste - spread really thinly onto baking paper - and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds they are like chicken crisps ? Still need to try that one though lol

Good Luck xx

oh and just keep thinking of your first weigh in - it will be worth it, i was thinking i would only loose like 3 lbs but it turned out to be 9lbs i was soo happy - it definitely motivates you :D

I also saw on someones thread that if you make the chicken soup into a paste - spread really thinly onto baking paper - and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds they are like chicken crisps ? Still need to try that one though lol -

OMG ive just tried it and it works - just need to put in the microwave till it starts to go a little brown and crisp - wait untill cooled and munch away !!!

Really struggling today, feel like giving up, i feel so sick. I can't bring myself to drink my third shake today.
Helenjayne90, the chicken crisps sound yummy! I didn't get any chicken flavour for my first week, so if I still have the will power ill get some next week :)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone:)

I think for me I haven't felt too bad physically - apart from a few energy lapses here and there. The worst thing for me is wondering how long I will be doing this for. I really can't think about that or I will get depressed and give up. I think doing it in August is probably a good idea.

I haven't tried the chicken soup yet. I also haven't put the mint tea in the chocolate or the coffee in the vanilla which I see people have suggested.

I went through the supermarket so quickly today - to get some fizzy water. I have really been missing fizzy drink so I thought it would help me. I didn't want to look at the food in there at all in case I felt sorry for myself!

I think we owe it to ourselves to do our best and give this a good effort.

Hey sammy.. Are you using the shaker to make your shakes? I don't like them like this.. I've got a magic bullet (but any food processor) I put loads of ice in and whizz it up... Sooooo much better!!! Always use cold water from the fridge to... I actually like all the flavours now... I have vanilla for breakfast and put a good splash in my tea... Nearly like a proper cuppa!! I have strawberry for lunch then choc for tea... And put a good splash in black coffee for a mocca... Having the two drinks really fills me up believe it or not! Keep it up it really does get easier... Good luck! :)

Lost 31lbs in 6 weeks :)

Hi Jeni3075, im using a stick blender for the shakes, i tried the shaker and you're right they taste even worse that way! lol Lot's of people hav suggested using ice, so ill give that a go thx :) You have amazing results from just 6 weeks! I hope I can do as well as many on here :)

I have been shaking the shakes in the shaker but have got a stick blender now. I have found the shakes ok - not anything to get excited about, but they are nourishment and ok. I just tried the chicken soup today and wished I hadn't - but maybe some people actually prefer it?

Hi moonagedaydream, I'm not a fan of normal chicken soup, so i didn't get any chicken flavour shakes, but i am tempted to try it if it tastes more food like. How bad is the taste?

Just made my dinner time shake with ice, it does taste a lot better! I feel like I'm drinking a frappucino from starbucks! lol :)

Just made my dinner time shake with ice, it does taste a lot better! I feel like I'm drinking a frappucino from starbucks! lol :)

Sounds good. I think everyone has to try the flavours and make up their own minds. I wonder if I just found the soup a shock having got used to shakes? But I don't think I am going to try another one!

Back