First day on slimming world and posting a food diary!

nikki299

Ok i have decided to put my food diary on here to keep me on track ( i hope!). If anyone spots anything i am doing wrong please tell me. I am doing extra easy.

Breakfast -- Skipped as it was my first day back at work for 6 weeks (i am a cook in a primary school) and was too busy.

Lunch -- Lettuce, toms and cucumber with 2 slices of ham, 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal bread (he b).

Snack -- Tomato mug shot and an apple.

Dinner -- Linguine with bolognese sauce and parmesan(he a).
Blackberries and raspberries with shape yogurt.
Small glass of red wine -6 syns.

Hope all that is ok, i might use a few more syns later watching BB.

No i don't drink milk very often, i usually have water ,squash or diet coke. If i have a cup of tea i have it black.

Did you have your bread dry or buttered, because if it was buttered then u need to syn the butter.
what size bread was it - 400g or 800g.

Was the bolognaise sauce made with passata etc etc or was it a shop brought one. Shop brought sauces tend to have a fair number of synss in them becasue of preservatives etc.
Finally how much parmessan did you have, you need to weigh or measure all your healthy extrasbecause if you don't this is where you can slip up quite easily.

Hope that you found your first day on the plan a good one and congrtulations for joining both slimming world and the minimins forum.

Hope that my questions above have helped you out, for your first day you have done really well !!!!!!!!!!:0clapper:

Hi bread was dry and from a 400g loaf , the bolognese sauce was homemade with tinned toms mushrooms herbs etc so no syns there i don't think. I didn't weigh my parmesan but it was just a sprinkle so definately under the 28g allowed, but i will weigh my a and b's in future just in case, as it would be really easy to overestimate the right amount.
So hopefully i haven't made any errors as yet!!

I am doing EE again today and have had so far..

Breakfast -- 2 x wholemeal toast with 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans and salad.

Dinner is going to be Roast chicken with broccoli,green beans and carrots and frylight roast potatoes.
Might have some proper gravy and a yorshire pudding if the syns aren't too bad, going to check them out now.

Last edited:
Only 2.5 syns for an asda frozen yorkie!! so will definately be having at least 1!!

I am doing EE again today and have had so far..

Breakfast -- 2 x wholemeal toast with 2 hard boiled eggs You could also have meat here as the idea with EE is to combine the Red and Green plan and eat all free foods from both.

Lunch -- Baked potato with beans and salad. again, you could have a meat option to go with the baked beans.

Dinner is going to be Roast chicken with broccoli,green beans and carrots and frylight roast potatoes.
Might have some proper gravy and a yorshire pudding if the syns aren't too bad, going to check them out now.

Your dinner looks fine hun..I usually find that the Tesco gravy granules 2 syns for 100ml is delicious as a quick gravy (I dont like Bisto). Proper gravy if made with flour etc works out to be around 6 syns..yorkshires of the top of my head used to be 3 syns for the individual ones.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for that, think i will be skipping the proper gravy!!
I was going to have a couple of slices of ham on my toast as well this morning but had sliced my egg on top before i remembered!duh lol

Lol...Im always doing things like that!
I have to prepare my food the night before for lunch etc and think to myself that I will add the mayo in the morning...then leave the house! duh!!! I know it saves on syns, but I dont have that many to begin with! Lol

Yeah i am not very organised either!! I quite often sit things out on the kitchen unit to take to work and despite going in there for my handbag and keys i still manage to leave the house without them!! lol
I ended up having 2 asda yorkshire puddings at 2.5 syns each and i found a packet of schwarz gravy for roast chicken in my cupboard that was 4.5 syns for the whole packet and i had under half of it so have counted it as 2 syns.
I also had a shape yogurt and a banana as snacks while watching tv.
So i have just used 7 syns all together today.

Back