First day on slimming world

Today is my first day on the slimming world diet extra easy, I had two Weetabix with milk for my breakfast, an apple for my break at work, for lunch I had a small sainsburys whole meal cob with a little bit of turkey and lettuce, carrot sticks, grapes, a satsuma and an alpen light, I'm just wondering how well I am doing so far today? I realised you can't have bread and cereal so I've probably synned there and with my alpen bar, I think I've done 5 syns for the small whole meal con and 3 syns for the double choc alpen bar so I think I've done 8 syns, am I right? Or do you think I've synned more?

Hi,
The problem with shop bought sandwiches is the roll was probably more than 60g ( 60g is 6 syns) without seeing it I can't guess the size, also it would have had butter on it so there are syns there( sometimes calked hidden syns because you don't realise you are eating them) if you need/wang to eat out then jacket potatoes or salads are smarter choices
Tea sounds good, and well done for a first day where you are aware and counting syns. It dies take a while to get your head around it !

Hi there, there was no butter on the cob, it was from a pack of 8 whole meal cobs from sainsburys so made myself, Turkey and lettuce, so just guessing that the cob would be about 40g, so just syn for bread I think?

Oh sorry I though it was already made, yes that doesn't so bad but to check I would weigh the other cobs in the bag .

Just be careful with the Alpen lights, Weetabix have changed the recipe and unless you are eating the old 70cal version they are no longer counted as HEXB and therefore the syn value will also have changed. It will be the 1 syn for 20 cals rule I believe.

Someone has put on another post they are 4.5 syns :rolleyes:

Haha :)

There has been quite a lot of feedback about this and Weetabix have had a lot of complaints from SW members who rely quite heavily on Alpen bars. They said they had modified the recipe and the calories had increased but the fibre had reduced, but it had worked to improve the taste. (Probably added a ton more sugar).

Someone complained and they emailed to say that they were sorry it didn't meet the criteria any longer for the SW HEXB and they were going to get in touch with SW directly about this, so who knows maybe they will change them back??

They have changed back there is a thread somewhere. But think there are now two styles you need to make sure you pick up the 70 cal ones

They have changed back there is a thread somewhere. But think there are now two styles you need to make sure you pick up the 70 cal ones

Do you know I thought I had read that Weetabix said they were going to but because I couldn't find the thread I didn't want to say that :). I don't eat them myself but someone who does would obviously know a lot more.

Back