first day on TFR lipotrim programme

hi

my first day on lipotrim diet, drinking lots of water, taking daily serving of fibre powder, black coffee and 3 shakes a day and im feeling hungry! does it get better or worse? really need to lose 2.7stone for xmas. Any advise for me?/

It will get easier, but I won't kid you, the first days are the hardest. But let's look at this is in realistic terms - is 3/4 days worth of just feeling a bit crappy and hungry worth putting up with for a life time of being healthier, slimmer and all round better? It's certainly no longer than recovery time if you had a gastric band fitted, and defiantly not as uncomfortable. You are detoxing all the crap out your system right now, so it will take a few days.

By day 5 you will be in ketosis, assuming you haven't cheated anywhere, and it becomes easier. Cravings wear off and you adjust.

Remember most of is is in your head as you are currently feeling deprived of all the things you figure you could be eating. You have all the time in the world to eat those foods once you reach your end goal. Assuming you still want them. Which you might not as you'll realise how bad for you they are.

I'm on day 4 and sorry but the first week is rubbish I'm not going to lie. Its hard until you get into ketosis in about day 3/5 ( known from previous experience ). Had my horrid hungry day yesterday but today I don't feel hungry at all. I find that sparking water fills you up more because its carbonated , this was a hint from my Cambridge lady and it does work. Remember to take your measurements each week as this helps loads if you have a week down the line if you have a smaller loss, you may not show much on the scales but inches gone are just as good! You can get though it ! Just distract yourself at the times you would normally be eating.

Yes, your loss will slow down after about the first week as your body will be emptying itself of all your waste products from the food you've eaten in the last few days. Apparently the average person has up to 10 pounds worth of urine and fecal matter in them at any time. Your initial weight loss will be that leaving your body. By the end of the week once you are firmly in ketosis your weight loss is fat. Is is the important bit.

Some days you won't loose weight. This is normal. You will be loosing size, but may not notice it. Keep with it and you will find your results are worth it, but you need to be 100% dedicated otherwise you will have set backs and have to go through the crappy feeling all over again.

Thanks to all of you for your support and advice. My weight just kept rising as I gave up smoking in jan 2013 and it seems I substituted the cigerettes for the sugary foods etc. hence I need to lose 2.7stone, im only 5ft 3. I will need all the help I can get to keep going, the one thing I do know I will never smoke again it was so hard to give up. now its my time to tackle my weight. Thanks all

You sound like me. I'm 5'4" and tipped the scales at 13 stone beginning of the year. I got down to 11.5 and then would fluctuate from 11.5-11.11 no matter what I tried. I'm on my quest to get back down to somewhere between 9.5 and 10 now as I know if I don't act now then I'll be 15 stone by this time next year.

It does get easier when you've settled into a routine ..
im 5 weeks in tomorrow, im not hungry it just gets a bit boring as I only like the vanilla/choc shakes !! A sprinkle of coffee in them helps I find ... or made up with cold peppermint tea !!! Weigh~in in the morning will make it all worth while im sure !! ive lost 23lb already ... Stick with it .. makes it soooo worthwhile when people start to notice :)

I was peaks and troughs for me - I felt excellent in my first week, even through the dreaded day 3, because I guess of the adrenaline of starting. Now in week 4, I'm having a miserable patch for some reason! Everyone's different, but it's not always as hard as you think it is now, you'll definitely feel brilliant while on this diet too!

(edit: just for reassurance, my week 4 misery phase is more to do with craving food and wishing I could have chips - I don't feel sick or hungry and my energy levels are fine!)

My third attempt today and I've failed. I've come on here for some much needed support. I want to lose this weight so much and it is really hard, but I need to keep focussed. All encouragement welcome x

You need to identify Why you are failing. Due to feeling hungry, or other?

If it's hunger then you need to just buckle down and get through the first few days as until ketosis kicks in properly at about day 3 you are going to feel hungry (although it's in your head, I'll explain. Further down) and also rubbish, but once you've got past that bit it gets easier.
As I've said on other threads, the first few days are the worst due to you technically detoxing off all the rubbish you've been putting in your body and your stomach emptying. All that sugar, fat, caffeine, chemicals, E numbers and other wonderful things in today's foods are designed to make you crave more of them. They only give you a short fix so you go back for more and more. Your body is going cold turkey and this will require will power to get through, same as any addiction. Infact junk food is a bigger addiction than drugs or alcohol as we are bought up being given sweets and foods as rewards, meals to celebrate, food for comfort, boredom, to keep kids quiet etc etc and like any addiction getting off it takes at least 3 weeks to break.

You are getting everything you need from LT so you are not going to starve. Infact even if you weren't you still wouldn't starve in a few days. People state they are "starving" if they don't eat every few hours. Most of us have never even experienced the feeling of actual starvation and never will. Right now when you think you are hungry it's actually your stomach telling you it needs more water and/or is bored. Ignore it and just drink water or tea.

Surely going without crap in your diet for a few weeks is worth it to get fit, slim & healthy so you can enjoy the rest of your life to your fullest? It's a small time frame in the bigger scale of things and could lengthen your life expectancy. You are going to be able to eat all here foods again in moderation after you reach your goal. You will be able to eat anything you like. But don't confuse this with feeling the need to eat everything. There is a difference and hopefully after doing LT you will recognise what foods are better for you and be able to give up all the bad foods.
I didn't think it possible either, but tonight we went out to a tourist attraction where nearly every other shop was a chip shop. Just talking about them started making me feel sick at the thought of them.

Don't give in to your cravings and crack, like I said its just a few weeks out of the rest of your life and his is your chance to get out of the rut and do something about it. Nothing changes if you don't change something.

thanks for your continued support, im still on lipotrim day 4 taking the sparkling water is really helping me feel a bit fuller. Is there any difference in taking milkshakes as oppose to the chicken soup?. how much weight can i expect to lose in the first weekWhat signs should i be looking out for to see if ketosis is nearing? today im really tired, hungry and cranky. Thanks for listening it makes it easier to keep me going.

I think the soup is personal choice. I tried it and felt it was so so and after an hour of eating/drinking it felt hungry, which I don't usually with the shakes, but having said that I make my shakes up with double the amount of water so hence it was probably more filling than the soup due to the make up I use.

As for weight loss in the first week, there is no set answer. Most of you weight loss in the first week will be bodily waste and I read that the average person has anywhere up to 10lbs of waste in them at any time. I lost about 8lbs in the first week, my OH is losing it slower than me at only 3lbs by day 3. I would say anywhere between 3-14lbs can be expected in your first week and don't get despondent if it is a lower amount as you will start losing once in ketosis. Don't worry too much about your first weeks loss as thinking you are going to lose a stone and then not can knock your commitment. Just stay 100% on course and let your body sort itself out.

Thanks KJ, I never thought I could increase the water quantity into the shake powder, I was so precise to 240mls of water to mix, plus a glass of water before and after, see you have your weigh-in on 31/10/13 good luck on your loss. Is it ok to drink the 3mint tea, ie peppermint,fieldmint and spearmint?

HI aLL. just got thro 6th day , wish me luck for tomorrow my first weigh-in........... hope i lost loads of pounds......and when i say pounds its not the monetary ones .... ha/ nite nite all . will let u know how i get on...

Back