First post - Exante day three!! Hello everyone x

helybob

Ok Here goes... My first post... Have just registered with MiniMins.
I have tried Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Neri and Indias Idiot Proof Diet but sadly to no avail and my weight creeps up every time
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
No at over 14 stones I need to do something about it. I can't wear the clothes I want and have far too many unworn items where I think 'one day I will get into that'.
I am on my third day of exante and have to say the milkshakes are much nicer than the soups (vegetable and tomato ones not great) and the bars are ok too.
I also had a coke zero yesterday but reread the website page and they are discouraging anything other than water and black tea/coffee.
Have a good day all xx

Hi Helybob

I too have done SW and WW with no luck! :cry:

I am on day two of Exante and so far so good, I agree the shakes are nice and so are the bars. I had shepherds Pie last night which was ok....ish!

Lots of people have coke zero and they have great weight losses, I have thought about it but going to leave it until I feel like I need something extra.

Good luck and hope to catch up soon :)

Hi Helybob and Klucyp

I'm on day 3 now, and i'm also wondering about the coke zero thing. A lot of people seem to say that it doesn't have any effects, so I think I may get some of the ketosis strips and try it. I suppose it may be different for everyone. If it doesn't have any negative effects, I think it could be so much easier to have that as a treat waiting. Have either of you tried the drinks powder?

I've never really concentrated on any diet before, as although I technically know what is healthy to eat, and I really enjoy healthy food, I have absolutely no willpower to stop myself wandering to the fridge every time I get a bit bored. I'm hoping the fact that I don't really have any food in the house tempting me, and that I know exactly what i'm meant to be eating/drinking each day will help me. So far so good!

Hi Bambi

Well done on day three! We're on the same day :)

Are you in ketosis yet? I'm not according to the strips :( I was going to do exactly what you suggested, get into ketosis and then see if coke zero made any difference on the test.
I have the peach drinks mix but at the moment haven't tried it......

Keep going an keep in touch..... :)
x

Hi

I've ordered the strips but they haven't arrived yet, so I can't check. A lot of people have said that the strips don't always work and not to bother, but I feel it could just give me a bit more motivation if they do. Apparently it needs to be checked first thing in the morning to be accurate, so you might want to try that if you haven't already? I will let you know when I get them anyway, and hopefully I can keep on with coke zero. I think i'm going to order the drinks powder too, and I've also got some ice lolly moulds - I figure I may be able to trick myself into thinking it's almost food!

How are you feeling on Day 3 anyway? Are you doing much exercise with the diet?

Yes like you Bambi I'm hoping for a bit of motivation when I see that strip turn violet - tested this morning and it was negative.

Day three has been my worse, feel tired and a muzzy head. Had my bar for lunch and I'll have a shake when I get home from work, with probably a soup a bit later.

As for exercise.....I have seen posts that recommend a week for your body to get used to the VLCD before embarking on exercise. I wasn't exercising before mind. If I had I probably would have continued.

How are you feeling?

That's a shame, but I think it takes a while to kick in with those things. Maybe just keep trying, and if it doesn't turn purple then no worries. I'm sure you'll have proof it's working soon enough once you have a weigh in!

Day three has been much better for me, and i'm surprised by how fine I feel. Day 2 was another matter though, and I was absolutely awful. I felt tired, hungry, and really stressed. I pity the people who had to sit near me at work yesterday, as I can't imagine that I was great company! I've had my bar and shake today, so I just have a vegetable soup to go. How are you finding all the soups/shakes/bars?

I'm just walking the dogs at the moment. I got a new puppy a few weeks ago, so it's definitely nice to have an extra bit of motivation to get out. I'll start doing a bit more as I go on I suppose. I don't find the actual exercising bit that hard once I've started, it's just getting the motivation to start it that has always been my trouble!

Well I exercise a bit with walking the dogs, but I still think i'm quite unfit. I quit the gym as all I seemed to do there was go on the bikes a bit and then head down to the spa! They also had a café which was stacked with unfairly nice foods for a place you go to be healthy. Not to mention the fact that it was opposite McDonalds, KFC AND Pizza hut! Oh, and my ex also started working there - not exactly the person you want to see when you're a sweaty mess haha.

I'm going to miss my takeaways and lager too... and my wine, cider, gin, vodka etc etc. I feel this is most likely going to be my downfall, as i'm not sure how i'm going to go and meet people at the pub and not have a drink. They'll have a heart attack behind the bar if I order a glass of water!

I suppose we'll both just have to work on our willpower! Just think about how good it will be to have lost it... :)

Yay! Seems like I'm on my way to ketosis, definately more purple than this morning! That has cheered me up no end!

Bambi, I really like the shakes and bars, haven't tried the soup yet but struggled with the Spag bol and shepherd's pie. Think I might need to add more water. As for drinking..... I'll be on vodka and coke zero when the time comes lol. Gonna give it a few weeks first ;-)

:)

Congratulations on the ketosis! Do you have all of the new meals to try? The chilli seems to have gone down well from what i've seen. I was thinking of getting some to test as i figure it'd be nice to have a bit of a change! Are the shepherds pie and spag bol that bad?

I think i'll be on the vodka and coke zero and wine. Apparently that's ok (as ok as it can be anyway). So far i'm not missing it too much, but I agree that you have to give in and cheat occasionally!

I've tried spag bol and shepherd's pie..... They tasted very similar to me. Quite a strong livery taste. I'm going to try more water next time.
Tonight is pasta carbonara (update to follow), I have the chilli for tomorrow.
I ordered the mixed soup, bars and shake pack and added a few of these to try. I would definately order a few first before committing to more.

Have you weighed yet?

Ok, i'll definitely take your advice on that!

I weighed myself at lunch and i've lost 4 lbs, so not bad for two and a half days! How about you?

Well that was my plan too, but i'm just too impatient! I think i'll only do it once in later weeks, but for the first one where it's meant to come off quickly, I just wanted a bit of motivation. It's worked, because i've just weighed again and i seem to have lost another lb since lunch! I will definitely keep going after that..

I'm not weighing until Sunday, I don't want to get disheartened :(
I feel slimmer around the middle though.

Update on Pasta Carbonara...... Not bad, the best one so far :thumbup:

I'll behave next week with the weighing. Promise.

I think it will be harder to stick to it when you see the weight coming off slower, but if you have some realistic goals set and you know what you want to aim for, I think the motivation for that will be enough.

Good luck for today!

Hello
I have actually ended up restarting today.... hellish week at work... well thats what i am blaming it on.
Anyhoo onwards and downwards...

Have a fab rest of the weekend x

Last edited by a moderator:
So day 5 and I have had a little wobble
I had a shake as a mousse for breakfast, shepherds pie for lunch, 200 cals of tuna as a snack (whoops) and shake for tea
Hope it hasnt put me off track

Back