First slip up...

Laurajade23

Hi all,

I've been following slimming world for the last 3 weeks by the book and lost about 8lbs so far! My baby is 10 weeks old and I'm breastfeeding and I've got a good 2 stone left to lose but today I slipped up BIG time!!
I did well at breakfast but then had a Chinese and a cupcake and a hot chocolate AND a packet of sweets (by the time I reached for the sweets I had completely wrote today off!)
Just need some reassurance that today isn't gonna set me right back I guess! I WILL be getting back on it tomorrow BUT we're going to my mother in laws for dinner so god knows what we'll be having then ........ :-(

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette, the irony :D of that quote lol

The key is just getting straight back on plan, forget about today and just keep going x

Don't feel too bad about today Hun it is normal to fall of the wagon. I have the same problem when I used to eat at my partner mum's house she would cook everything in oil. So I used to make sure if she was doing a roast for example I would stock up on loads of boiled veggies like peas and carrots. It kind of compensated the oil and then the next day I would make sure I would not use any syns and I was back on track.

Everyone has days where they are non too pleased with themselves. We can't be super human all the time.

Call today a bad day and get back on track tomorrow. Try to limit your syns for the next few days to try and compensate for today and fill up on as many super free/speed foods as possible.

Try not to feel too bad and get back on track tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your encouragement! I will be straight back on it tomorrow :)

I completely knew I would have a day like this eventually and I actually think its healthy to do so that you don't always crave bad food but I wanted to at least lose a stone before I treated myself!

But you are all right, I need to draw a line under it and get back on track!

Thanks again! :)

Important also to work out why today was like this so you recognise it BEFORE it happens next time. Yes, we all have times off plan, but the more they are planned, the better it will be and the more limited the damage. Are you just feeling low, or were you actually hungry in which case having a snack or even something more substantial might keep you on plan next time especially if you're breastfeeding, you can have more Hex's, so cereal and milk or hifi/alpen, options, or all the other things you could use them on might help. If you are eating because your mood is low then that needs tackling in a different way and maybe you felt like "treating" (?punishing) yourself? If that's the case then finding some non-food ways of making yourself feel better AND having the snack might help you stay on track next time. Well done on great loss so far and as you say, straight back on plan cos that's what will get you where you want to be. :)

A lot of professionals in the fitness industry recommend having what they call a 'Spike Day' every so often. Basically means eat whatever you want without worrying about, give into cravings etc and draw a line under it.

You have to allow yourself a little of what you fancy or you'll end up giving in.

It will only set you right back if you let it. I have been very up and down with motivation and have had bad days and bad weeks but I keep going back to group, drawing lines and having good days and good weeks. My losses haven't been that speedy but I have lost very nearly two stone now and am only 10 1/2 lb away from target.

Take the long term view and don't let one bad day stop you from keeping at it the rest of the time.

I say this! Just because you have one dead flower in your vase you wouldnt throw the other good ones away would you? Get straight back on plan and you will have a beautiful vase of flowers come w in day! Heres to a great week :)

You have done better than me only started on Thursday and had a mcd today :( got a tub of free sweets in my changing bag but going to be really good and not touch it o have written. Down my little lunch lol 33 syns not good oh well did try to compensate by walking the dog quickly for 20 mins then steady for 20 mins. Oh we'll today's another day.

i had 2 meals out and chose a burger and a pudding on one and a big ice cream sundae on the other so have been good rest of time and had few syns and my scales are showing 3 lb down from last week worry not we all have bad meals or snacks from time to time i had two bad evening meals well 2 bad puddings and a burger my other main meal was on plan but id had no other syns on those days so that helped alot i recon i find if i dont plan treats in i go off rails more

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words!!! Unfortunately today I also went completely off plan but only for dinner as we were at the mother in laws and I swear she wants to fatten me up rather than lose weight lol!!

Anyway tomorrow is a new day and start of a new week and I have made a promise to myself to get back on track!! I'm going to write a meal and snack plan in the morning with my weetabix and banana and then go shopping so I will have all I need for a perfectly on track very lol syn and high in super free/super speed foods week! :)

Yes, planning helps so much! Write a meal plan, buy what you need and promise yourself you will stick to it no matter what, you will get a loss!

Laurajade23 said:
Thank you all so much for your encouraging words!!! Unfortunately today I also went completely off plan but only for dinner as we were at the mother in laws and I swear she wants to fatten me up rather than lose weight lol!!

Anyway tomorrow is a new day and start of a new week and I have made a promise to myself to get back on track!! I'm going to write a meal and snack plan in the morning with my weetabix and banana and then go shopping so I will have all I need for a perfectly on track very lol syn and high in super free/super speed foods week! :)

You did mention that today at MIL's was going to be difficult so next time you have to go, perhaps do a flexi syn day. There are some good threads on it if you need some help but basically, you decide before you go out that you are going to exceed your daily syns and by how much. Then you only eat to that number of syns and stop. So eg, you decide you are going to have 50 flexi syns, you would stop eating when you reach 50 or less syns. It's a way to plan an off plan meal/evening/day without blowing things completely. Then you return to normal SW the next day or next meal without reducing syns. You may not lose on a flexi syn week, but it does help to retain some control in being off plan without it descending into a wtf binge;-) Sometimes if you're at someone's house it is difficult to calculate but at least if you give the illusion of eating everything then you can make up some excuses to leave some bits without appearing rude. There are also some great (and funny) posts in the threads about people who try to sabotage, so have a look there for some good answers to MIL. :)

Ah yea I had heard of flexi syn days actually! I guess if you set yourself a limit it still makes sure you're thinking about what you're eating. If I had done that today I would have put down the luxury coleslaw and had light mayo instead but I chose a wtf binge ? oooopppps!!

I'm def gonna search for that thread now too because my mums just as bad! We basically have the same amount to lose and are both quite competitive lol! I swear she puts sugar in my tea instead if sweetener the cow bag! Haha!

Laurajade23 said:
Ah yea I had heard of flexi syn days actually! I guess if you set yourself a limit it still makes sure you're thinking about what you're eating. If I had done that today I would have put down the luxury coleslaw and had light mayo instead but I chose a wtf binge ? oooopppps!!

I'm def gonna search for that thread now too because my mums just as bad! We basically have the same amount to lose and are both quite competitive lol! I swear she puts sugar in my tea instead if sweetener the cow bag! Haha!

Haha that made me laugh. It's like slimming wars. Come on you have to beat her we'll all help you! ;-)

I find a good snack is a grated granny smith with total 0% fat Greek yog that has been mixed with some sweetener its amazing and hits the spot you could even add a little cinnamon and a crushed up rich tea for a low syn cinnamon apple pie type treat

Back