First time Exante diary

Mishkapop

Okay, I'm opening up a diary here, because it's my first time doing this, I'm on day 1, I'm hurting right now and I need to feel like someone is holding my hand, even if it's an illusion...

I've been heavy since I was ten. I gained about a stone a year since then, capping out at 20st6lb at 25. I lost loads of weight with Slimming World, over 6st, but October last year I had some major personal life pain that continued until a couple of months back and I managed to pile 3 stone back on again over 6 months... Talk about commitment to the cause.

I'm getting married in September. I had my wedding dress. Beautiful, perfect, fairy princess, one of a kind made just for me.

It no longer fits. I have 11 weeks until my wedding and my beautiful dress that -EVERYONE- is desperate to see and judge me in doesn't fit.

Exante is my do or die. Lose weight or get married naked. The dress is lace up in the back, with a panel of satin about 4 inches wide. I reckon I need to lose 2 stone to get into it and do it up without all 4 inches being utilized to conceal the flab. I can't get another dress, because I don't have time to get another made, it came from China.

I've been -trying- with healthy eating and exercise (no seriously, I have been getting up at 5 am to do workouts every day). but the weight wasn't shifting more than a pound a week. I need more help. I need to get -really- serious about this.

So I'm 2 packs into my first Exante day. I have a headache from the devil, I'm feeling quite weepy (luckily I'm not actually hungry, which is lovely)and every single cell in my body is screaming out to go home from the office and give into the carby comforts I treat as a crutch. But I won't.

Pain is a temporary state. Weepiness is a temporary state. I know this as fact.

My mum said something to me once that has really stuck with me; when things are too much, take it one day at a time. If a day is too much, take things one hour at a time. If an hour is too much, take it one minute at a time. And if a minute is too much, take it one second at a time.

I'm on a second at a time right now. My head is absolutely pounding and I'm trying not to dissolve into floods of tears. But every second I don't crack will eventually add up to a full day's victory.

Hello and welcome ☺️

The first few days are tough, no getting away from that.......but then it honestly does get so much easier and becomes routine 😊

My biggest tip? Stay strong the first few days.....caving in and then restarting just prolongs the pain! Trust me, I know 🙄

Hi Mish.

Listen to Darcy! The best thing you can do for yourself is stick 100% to TS, drink plenty of water and ride out the horribleness. It really does get easier and you feel the freedom of forgetting about food - it means you have time to discover and enjoy other things in life while losing serious amounts of weight and fast!

Stick with it and you’ll be pleased you did. Quitting and eating will definitely not make you happier - even at the time of eating you’ll feel crappy about it.

In one month when you have lost 1-2 stone you’ll be glad you didn’t waste the time.

The other worst thing you can do is try to make the diet easier by adding things in, even if you think you can get away with it. That’s a decision for further down the line when you’re more settled and even then you may not want to.

If you can, stick with just water and the packs - the weight has no choice but to fall off and your skin will look great.

Good luck for the first week and beyond :)

Hi there, I’m a Cambridge restarter, our packs maybe slightly different but the struggle is pretty much the same:). Darcy is so right do not deviate from the path this week is unpleasant but well worth it. Once you get that first weigh in and see the inch dropping off your motivation will strengthen.you will be the right size for the dress! The target you ve set is very doable. Any time you feel like jacking in, think of your reception, do you want to be standing in some makeshift dress, sorry love not buying the naked bride;) or do you want to be feeling a million dollars in THE dress, I think we know the answer. Good luck, you ve got this!
Jxx

I know the feeling. As the others say, stick with it the first few days and it will become second nature. Im also riding those first days and what the others are saying is very motivating! You have an amazing wedding and dress to look forward to which need to be your focus for the next 3-4 days. I think once these days are over the crazy hunger or food need will be all gone. Also i was told - early nights. And they work it seems, just snuggling with some film on or a book.

Morning all. Thank you so much for all the support yesterday. I was at a real low, which is daft really, it was only day one! I just don't cope very well with headaches apparently.

I didn't crack though. I made it through, spent the evening when I couldn't sleep watching the two documentaries about VLCDs that are floating around at the moment to remind myself why I am doing this.

Here goes day two. I'm glad it's so hot at the moment as it really kills my appetite!

Well done for not cracking, the first week is a tough one but one day at a time. Once you’re in ketosis life is a lot better
Jenx

Welp, the hunger is now -real-. I've had my three packs today, and just sipped my one allowed bouillon cube because I was desperate for something savoury. My OH is being incredibly supportive. He went and got me an eight pack of coke zero and lots of ice, for a cold treat, because the weather being the way it is, I'd normally be elbow deep in a tub of Ben and Jerry's by now.

I'm really hungry. But no headaches. So, win some, lose some. I keep guinea pigs, was slicing watermelon for them today to help keep them cool, wanted to eat a slice so badly I almost cried. But I didn't.

My mum had a gastric bypass last year and was on a VLCD prior to it shrink her liver. I feel for her so much right now. She was only allowed to drink skimmed milk and eat sugar free jelly. Sitting here feeling hard done by, I think back to that, and realise how lucky I am that I at least have flavour and a little texture with Exante (peanut butter bars anyone? Nom!)

Praying maybe I will be super super lucky and hit ketosis tomorrow, be one of the early ones. Laying in bed now feeling my stomach rumble and smelling barbecue from my neighbours. I think I will go and look at my wedding dress again...

Defo get the dress out, maybe get someone to take a photo of you in now and then again each week. Have a visual goal to help keep you motivated.nothing like watching a piece of clothing that barely meets to suddenly being able to wear it without risking your circulation ;)

Guys I'm thinking of starting the Exante diet and wondering what one would be best for me...im a 22st 6ft 2 man with a bmi of 39....should I go straight into the Total one or the 800 calorie mens one...do both put you into ketosis?...also how long should you do the diets before it becomes ness to have a break.?..and can i still go swimming..norm do 80 lengths in 25metre pool..or will i be to tired...very new to this type of diet?.sorry

Also what do people norm eat on ghe 4th week to get the 90s calories week in?. I'm a rubbish cook so can I just have another meal replacement each day to make it upto 800 calories for the week...thanks you for any advice avaliable..

Guys I'm thinking of starting the Exante diet and wondering what one would be best for me...im a 22st 6ft 2 man with a bmi of 39....should I go straight into the Total one or the 800 calorie mens one...do both put you into ketosis?...also how long should you do the diets before it becomes ness to have a break.?..and can i still go swimming..norm do 80 lengths in 25metre pool..or will i be to tired...very new to this type of diet?.sorry

Hiya, if you have a look on the Exante website, they recommend the 800 calorie a day plan for men. Metabolically males just need more calories to survive. You'll also lose weight faster than a woman. You lucky thing! You will still go into ketosis on 800 cal a day.

Break wise, it's recommended every fourth week to have a food week, where you add in a low cal meal every day of around 200 calories. This gives your metabolism a boost, helps regulate your hormone levels, and will help with your longevity on the plan. You can have an extra meal pack if you'd rather not mess with cooking, or just add something simple like boiled eggs into your daily routine.

I'm very new to Exante but I made a point of doing my research first. This isn't something that you can do on a whim, and you must be prepared or you'll set yourself up for failure. I highly recommend that you read the Exante website inside and out, as well as other provider plans that offer counselling sessions weekly etc in case you need the additional emotional support before committing to a purchase.

Having said that, if after you decide after doing your research that Exante is the plan for you, then more power to you!

Whatever you decide, good luck :)

Interesting discovery this evening; the hunger is in my head. For definite. I'm a baker in my free time, I make celebration cakes, and I -love- researching decorating techniques, but I've been avoiding doing so in the fear it'd make me hungry and miserable. However, I finally cracked this evening and sat watching a good hour of different buttercream techniques, and the hunger went. I got the same comfort just watching these sweet treats being made that I do from putting them in my face. And I'm not hungry at all right now. If anything I feel pretty content. Just thought it was interesting...

I’ve found I’m very good at feeding other people when doing this plan. I actually enjoy it more than normal. I think part of it is having the time because I’m not wasting it eating. It’s weird how this diet affects us :)

Hiya, if you have a look on the Exante website, they recommend the 800 calorie a day plan for men. Metabolically males just need more calories to survive. You'll also lose weight faster than a woman. You lucky thing! You will still go into ketosis on 800 cal a day.

Break wise, it's recommended every fourth week to have a food week, where you add in a low cal meal every day of around 200 calories. This gives your metabolism a boost, helps regulate your hormone levels, and will help with your longevity on the plan. You can have an extra meal pack if you'd rather not mess with cooking, or just add something simple like boiled eggs into your daily routine.

I'm very new to Exante but I made a point of doing my research first. This isn't something that you can do on a whim, and you must be prepared or you'll set yourself up for failure. I highly recommend that you read the Exante website inside and out, as well as other provider plans that offer counselling sessions weekly etc in case you need the additional emotional support before committing to a purchase.

Having said that, if after you decide after doing your research that Exante is the plan for you, then more power to you!

Whatever you decide, good luck :)

Back