First time lt needs advice

vicky34

Hi, Me and my boyfreind are starting lt on monday and wanted some ideas or how to use the soups and shakes. I have 3 a day and darren only gets 2 (not sure why he gets less). Would be great to here what everyone else does with theres, Not loooking forward to the flapjacks, from reading peoples comments it sounds as if there nasty. well done to everyone who is on the programme.:)

vanilla hot with a spoonful of coffee
hot choc, mixed with peppermint tea is nice
the shakes are also nice cold blended with lots of ice
have to say i had chicken soup (or poop) as its known and found it gross but some people mix it with stuff like pepper paprika chilli

all the best x

Hi and welcome, 2 of your is equal to 1 of his, he can split the 2 packets to make 4 meals as you can also, good luck and keep logged in

Everyboby as a fave mine happens to be the soup but their are lots of options with all the shakes hot and cold.
First I would try them all as they should be eaten/drank then add but do becareful what you add.

Hi Vicky,
Welcom to the forum and congratulations on taking the first step together to the new you (couple)
Darren has 2 as the mens packs are bigger ...he can also ask the chemist for 4 ladies pack (which are the same value as 2 mens)
You can do a number of things with the shakes ...but most important you MUST have all of your daily packs...Drink a minumum of 4 pints of water ( this doesnt include the water in your shakes..its in additon to) A maximum of 10 pints of water a day!
you can have vanilla with coffee to make a latte..peppermint tea with chocolate to make minty hot chocolate, make the shakes up with crushed ice in a blender and i am sure people will add more to this list.
Re the flapjacks & chicken soup ..its about personal taste! Personally i love the FJ's but despise the chicken poop with avengence xx Good luck and keep stron on your first week..its definately the worst x

ooops nearly forgot you must, must , must hammer the water

welcome to you both your'e in good hands here so make sure you keep in touch, just as important is the water so always carry a bottle wherever you go

Hello and welcome. As the others have said, drink plenty of water, and you can split your packs to make more drinks if you want, just add half the amount of powder to half the amount of water (or more water if you want).

Try adding coffee to the chocolate shake mix, it gives it a "mocha" type taste, either hot or cold. Personally I hated the flapjacks and the soup was quite watery, but its a personal taste and worth trying all of the flavours to see which ones you like.

You might also find that your tastes change during the course of the diet, and you might want to try others that you originally didn't like.

Keep posting on here and ask any questions you want, there is always someone who will come along with answers and advice. There is a great support system in place on Minis x x x

thanks

Hi and welcome, 2 of your is equal to 1 of his, he can split the 2 packets to make 4 meals as you can also, good luck and keep logged in

Thanks for the advice, i think it will be much easier for him if he splits them up. I have already had a call from him thismorning telling me he,s hungry!!

thanks

vanilla hot with a spoonful of coffee
hot choc, mixed with peppermint tea is nice
the shakes are also nice cold blended with lots of ice
have to say i had chicken soup (or poop) as its known and found it gross but some people mix it with stuff like pepper paprika chilli

all the best x

Thanks , I have just had my 1st shake(strawberry), added ice and it wasnt to bad.

Welcome to you both and good luck. It's nice that you have each other, and you won't have to cook meals for OH's.

x

hi,thanks for all the kind words and support. today has been difficult, havent like the vanilla or strawberry milkshake. did a lovely dinner for the kids and just smelt it a few times. I promise i will give lt a good go and just keep holding on to my 1st week as the mo.

Back