First timer on diaries

VinoRouge

Hey, good evening all.

I have been yo-yo dieting for 30 years and the only time I have lost weight healthily is doing SW ( olden days Original & Green days ).
I have here to lay myself on the line and say " I am here to make this work "
Hubster joining in with the merriment and 2 daughters keeping me on straight & narrow.
Starting weight ( gulp, not used to sharing this) 16 stone
Week 3 weigh in 15stone 7lb.
I may waffle on, and post mindless muses, disregard me, but that's how I get through things , I talk it out with my inner self, but this time I'm noting it down..

Trying to stick to an "original" today as feel I am a tad Carb heavy.
Bacon butty ( 3 medallions on 2 we bread from 400g loaf)
1 large orange
Steak and roasted veg, added mushrooms.
Pepsi max
2 glasses of red wine
2 pints of (yuk) plain tap water

My hubster and I have never, ever been abroad together, so this sept He, my little girl and I are booked for Majorca, I want to look hot ( not the sweaty kind) when we go so joined SW online as I am a tad anxious around new peeps, so don't want to go to class.
Hoping you all will help keep me focused on that sexy sarong in the sun...

Awoke with a killer back/hip pain today so dosing myself up on Naproxen and staying in bed. Already set my daughters schoolwork last night, so she knows what she is doing.
Not hungry at all as pain knocks me sick, but Hubster brought me a cuppa and an Alpen bar, a segmented orange to suck on. Needed to eat something to take the meds.
Dinner tonight will be a homemade SW chicken tikka masala and rice.

Hi there VinoRouge, im joining a class tonight for the first time in 5 years, im very excited but also very nervous about the initial weigh in, I normally weigh myself on a morning (naked) but now it's evening, I've had tea and fully clothed, so lose lose really, i love reading people's menus so I intend to do the same. I reckon my weight is about 14st 5, I didn't weigh this 9 months pregnant! Wish me luck and good luck on your journey x

Hi there VinoRouge, im joining a class tonight for the first time in 5 years, im very excited but also very nervous about the initial weigh in, I normally weigh myself on a morning (naked) but now it's evening, I've had tea and fully clothed, so lose lose really, i love reading people's menus so I intend to do the same. I reckon my weight is about 14st 5, I didn't weigh this 9 months pregnant! Wish me luck and good luck on your journey x
Awww good luck Hunni, it's mad isn't it how we have become so UNINTERESTED in our image/ bodies. I want that feeling back of admiring glances and wolf whistles!! ( not very feminist I know, but that's what I want, lol )

The curry was awesome! Proper rice tho, as I really cannot stomache the smell,of Cauliflower rice...
Bought a Spirilizer recently so bolognaise tomorrow with courgetti spaghetti.
Only had a bit of basmati rice and a handful of sweet potato actifried chips

How did you do Jan?

I have been havin problems last 3 yrs with stomache, bowels etc ( I know, TMI ) but it's my thread...lol I have Diverticular disease, and now been told that I need my Gall Bladder removed. Been keeping things fairly plain last 3 weeks, but tonight Hubster made chicken tikka masala, rice, n SW chips....a veritable feast! After 40mins I was away in the bathroom........60 mins later, was still visiting! I just wish the lbs were as easy to lose as the dinner!!

Tomorrow is another day, bolognaise with Spirilized courgettes, not much spice....very plain breakfast, eggs n toast, lunch, a homemade veg soup, feel wiped out tonight, back feeling a whole lot better tho x

Hi Vino, I weighed in at 14st 6.5, shocker , I was there nearly 2 hours though, but at least I made the first step now. My husband was diagnosed with diverticulitis last year too and i have IBS and an under active thyriod

Hi Vino, I weighed in at 14st 6.5, shocker , I was there nearly 2 hours though, but at least I made the first step now. My husband was diagnosed with diverticulitis last year too and i have IBS and an under active thyriod
Jan, that's manageable...I am over 16!!!
We will do this together, my hubster doing it too so a fairly good network already in place. I need to reign in my love of the old red wine :eek:

Haha luckily I don't drink or I would be heavier, bread is my downfall, and I'm back at work today after 2 weeks hols and I work on a hot food counter so temptation all around. Gonna get ready now and plan my meals for the day which I will post later x

Right, I need to get my act together...

Up & about this morning, but still feel queasy after last night, got things to do today so will have to get on with it.

Not at all hungry yet so it's a brew for now, got dinner sorted for later, just need to think about lunch, Oh! Just remembered, made some veggie soup 2 days ago, froze half, but some in fridge needs heating n eating.

Had my bolognaise tonight, very nice, but too much herbage in sauce so thymed out!
My daughter baked choccie brownies tday, she does this to de- stress....I had to taste one, it was yum!

I've had a good first day,
B- porridge and an apple
L- pasta and pesto with cucumber, celery, straw bs and grapes and a Greek muller
D- beef stew, new pots, carrots followed by muller light, meringue and fruit
I had a mug shot and new jam roly poly hifi bar for syns

I've had a good first day,
B- porridge and an apple
L- pasta and pesto with cucumber, celery, straw bs and grapes and a Greek muller
D- beef stew, new pots, carrots followed by muller light, meringue and fruit
I had a mug shot and new jam roly poly hifi bar for syns
Lots of flavours there, I think other diets can be bland...good choices Jan x

I've had an up n down day, my food reflects my mood!! Hey it's a poem...

Started out with a good friend of mine being poorly with proper flu, not just a bad cold, so I took care of her daughter till her parents could take over, then my spaghetti Bol was ruined as too much thyme in there, so needed food!! Had 2 toast with laughing cow and half a bottle of red wine, then a bag of Wotsits...
I'm blooming 53 FFS!!!! I should be able to weather a small storm, shouldn't I??? Plus a vodka n diet tonic too ( hangs head in shame )

I've had an up n down day, my food reflects my mood!! Hey it's a poem...

Started out with a good friend of mine being poorly with proper flu, not just a bad cold, so I took care of her daughter till her parents could take over, then my spaghetti Bol was ruined as too much thyme in there, so needed food!! Had 2 toast with laughing cow and half a bottle of red wine, then a bag of Wotsits...
I'm blooming 53 FFS!!!! I should be able to weather a small storm, shouldn't I??? Plus a vodka n diet tonic too ( hangs head in shame )
Make that 3 now

I'm still awake at gone midnight...reading between here, Facebook and a book on my kindle app, can't seem to sleep. Hubster snoring away next to me, daughter asleep next door( not actually next door, that would be odd ) dogs snoozing on the sofa, cats in n out the cat flap....I'm fancying bread, really nice , fresh , crusty bread.....with salty butter.....BUT!!! I AM NOT HAVING IT!!

Back