First week , and I am disappointed!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hur575, 6 November 2009 Social URL.

1. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I know I told myself enough of fad diets, and start changing my life style for good, and forget starvation diets even a pound loss is good but I hoped in my first week to lose more but only 2pounds!!!! I feel cheated!!

I am not new to the plan and I have been good 100%, if that was my second week ok, a girl started with me, lighter than me and managed to lose more!! There was a women who lost 11 pounds in her first week!!! Everyone loses more I just feel so gutted, even ashamed when my consultant announced my loss!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missyxx

missyxx Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    have you been doing other diets?? i know some peoles bodies need time to adjust to eating plans and i am sure it will show on the scales next week just dont give up hope as it does work and 2lb loss is better then 2lb gain its an acheivement

4. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I only lost a 1lb in my first week and then the next week 4lbs - don't be disheartened sometimes people have a quick loss and then slow down and others go a ta steady pace - a loss of 2lbs is good and if you continued for a year that would be a loss over 7 stone!:)

5. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Listen, don't compare yourself to others, it's fatal. People who lose loads in their first week are losing mainly water, not fat. Maybe you had been dieting before joining, or maybe you had a healthier diet than them before hand.
    Anyway, well done on losing 2lb and good luck for next week xx

6. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world

Yes I have I have done stupid diets before even living on diet coke only!! I tell my self maybe my body been so abused, SW is considered too much food for it, and I should be grateful I have not put on weight.

7. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you all for the support, I really need it, I don’t plan to ruin my diet because SW is for life but I could not help but feel disappointed.:cry:

8. missyxx

missyxx Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    im just the same i have a lot of weight to lose and in the past year tried everything and i think my body needed time to adjust i was at first disappointed in losing 2lb (prob because i was watching every episode of biggest loser and wanting weight losses the same) but now i just plod along and as long as it aint a gain im fine just keep at it and good luck

9. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Maybe is too much carb because I have been doing green?? I am just not a big fan of meat, I know people on red days lose more?

10. debbywebby1970

debbywebby1970 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My first week I lost half a pound. :eek: ! ! then the second week I lost 4 and got slimmer of the week. :cool:
    I was gutted too after my first week, and I came on here and was very upset but all these wonderful people on here told me, everybody's body works at a different pace, and dont compare mine with others and to stick with it and I did.
    Remember 2 pounds is awesome... its like 2 bags of sugar, all fat gone forever.. its not a bad result at all. Go to the supermarket and lift two bags of sugar and feel how heavy it is...
    (I actually do this... am i really sad.??)
    Im hoping for 2 pounds this week, I would be thrilled.

11. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    They lose more because the exercise a lot, wouldn’t be wonderful if we have personal trainer?? I am determined to exercise more though, this way it will get rid off of the weight quicker.

12. Snugglepuss

Snugglepuss Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(6.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't be disheartened, if you have been dieting in the past you may have already cut out alot of fat already and kept the changes you made originally this could be a reason for a smaller loss than someone thats never dieted before xxx

13. hur575

hur575 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you :D you are not sad, Iam going to do that, The thing is I feel much lighter, more than 2pounds, that why I was hoping to hear big numbers, so Iam not alone.
    right off to the supermarket lifting sugar bags :D

14. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

Ah don't worry. Your body is just learning what's going in, and will adjust to the changes. You probably didn't have much excess water to lose in the first week. My first week on WW I lost 9lbs (3yrs ago), I kept up with drinking water and am lucky to not store excess. So when I had my first WI on SW I lost 2lbs, lower than my norm but just because there was no water to shift! I'd be happy with that 2lb loss because it's 2lbs lighter than you were last week!! Well done to you, and stick at it. *hug* xx

15. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

Oh, and go take your measurements! Particularly if you're going to exercise, because if you only have a small loss one week, your shape may have changed a lot. And it's nice to see the physical changes!! :) xx

16. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I lost 1.5lb my first week & 3lb the next. Everyones different. Stick with it & the weight will come off!

17. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    from the day i started i have been averageing 1lb a week

18. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Firstly...well done on your loss Hun! Anyone who losses in their first week deserves a pat on the back regardless of how much it was.
    Secondly your body is going to need to adjust to loosing weight and will start playing catch up...the weight will come off, just give it chance.

xxxx

19. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I GAINED 0.5lbs the first week and lost 8lbs the next. Please do not get disheartened. 2lbs is a good healthy loss.

well done on your loss xxxx

20. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    This is my 2nd attempt at SW, and I only lost 1.5lbs last week (my first week back). I lost 5lbs in my first week last time!

21. pinktiger

pinktiger Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Slow and steady is a good way to go. I felt disappointed after my first week of a 3lb loss but now I think that yes I'm only loosing a 1.5lb a week but it's a loss and still less than last month. We are all so different and will loose differently, keep smiling and stay positive. Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.