First week of Slimming World. Feeling sad.

MartianMallow

Hi everyone!
Sorry to make my first post in the slimming world forum such a miserable one. I had my first meeting yesterday, it went really well. The people are lovely, I'm looking forward to going back. I had been weighed by my doctor before but having my weigh in last night at SW made me feel so disappointed with myself. I knew things were out of control but I'm just so upset I let myself get this far :( I'm switching between feeling really glad I'm getting started on SW and doing something about my weight, to feeling like "Oh what's the point?! I'm a mess!"

Just wait until your first weigh in though..then you won't be feeling sad anymore I'm sure! I felt the same when I started, it's not nice seeing that number staring back at you when pre SW you can just avoid what it says on the scales but after 6 weeks on SW I feel so much better about myself and I'm sure you will too. Good luck for your first week :)

Hi martianmallow, if you follow plan properly this week, your first weigh in will be fantastic, I would bet 2K on it! Then this will spur you on to lose more and you will begin to get into the zone. Trust me, I have been doing it since Jan 2011, at target I hasten to add, and it does work, and you will feel fabulous. One of our members yesterday got her 5.5stone award!. And all by eating plenty of healthy food, with a few treats. Let us know how you go on, but if youre good to plan it will reward you tenfold! Trust in it, it works :)

Hi everyone!
Sorry to make my first post in the slimming world forum such a miserable one. I had my first meeting yesterday, it went really well. The people are lovely, I'm looking forward to going back. I had been weighed by my doctor before but having my weigh in last night at SW made me feel so disappointed with myself. I knew things were out of control but I'm just so upset I let myself get this far :( I'm switching between feeling really glad I'm getting started on SW and doing something about my weight, to feeling like "Oh what's the point?! I'm a mess!"

Hi MartianMallow,

I myself am back on SW again after falling off the wagon on and off over the last few years. I am back now and committed. You will be so suprised if you stick to plan in your first week and then see the difference on the scales. Myself and friends have lost 7-9lb in our first week.

You can do this!!!

Thanks guys it's so great to have this forum for some support as well as the meetings. I know once I see some loss I'll be feeling much more motivated, it's just getting started that feels really hard.

Hey
I am starting tomorrow and nervous :) You might feel sad but think about the positive, you are now starting a whole new adventure and will storm through it :)

In the words of an Law Ram along time ago "we will beast this" and we will :)

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say welcome and offer a bit of encouragement. You have made the right choice, and the hardest part is already over...that first weigh in and admitting to yourself that you need to change your eating habits.
I'll bet that first weigh in will be a good loss :)

Look at it as the start of a whole new you. Once you get the hang of it, it won't ( and shouldn't) feel like a diet. It's a way of life and we just happen to lose the extra weight we are carrying along the way :)

Hi there. I'm in my first week too and I know exactly how you are feeling - I felt the exact same last week. I was so disappointed in myself that I could possibly weigh what I do. Then I thought to myself that at least I'm doing something about it, rather than just moping around feeling sorry for myself. I'm now really motivated and "back in the zone" before my first weigh in tomorrow.

You'll be great! Think positive! And well done for taking the first step!

Hello! This week is my one year anniversary with SW and tonight I got my 7 1/2st award. My first WI was a shock, but that was the last time I saw that number. I was below 20st for Christmas & I already felt amazing. My sleeping vastly improved & I was able to shop in high street shops already.
One year on and I still have over 4st to go but that doesn't matter; right here, right now I feel great. I am so much fitter & healthier than I was 7.5st ago. Take it one half stone sticker at a time, keep going to class, talk about SW, stalk minimins for all the awesome tips, take measurements, take photos! It's so exciting- a new you is just around the corner!

Just wanted to say hello and welcome, your in the right place for support this forum is fab.

Don't feel disheartened you've taken a massive step admitting you need to take control of your diet and make changes is a big thing its no different to an alcoholic going to an AA meeting for a first time. Admitting to yourself is the hardest part of dieting but also make its the most rewarding that its you that will do all the hard work and receive the awards to prove it.

The first time you see your weight on the scales can be daunting but you just have to think that is the very last time you will see thoes numbers on that screen from now on they will just keep getting lower!

Wishing you lots of luck with your first week. Be sure to post back and let us know how you got on :) x

:D Thanks everyone!! I text the lady who runs my meeting and she gave me a call. We had a long chat about it all and I'm feeling so much better today. I need to draw a line under the months of weight gain and move forward!

Get someone to take a full length photo of you, so that as you loose weight you can see the difference! When you then go on to "slimmer of the year" you will be so proud of yourself!
Most people don't have any pics of them at their heaviest but it's well worth it.......
Enjoy your SW journey.
Pete

:D Thanks everyone!! I text the lady who runs my meeting and she gave me a call. We had a long chat about it all and I'm feeling so much better today. I need to draw a line under the months of weight gain and move forward!
That's fab!
As someone else suggested break it down into smaller goals, aim for half stone at a time and when you amaze yourself by achieving it aim for the next one.
I started off a size 28/30 never thought I would lose weight but as I went down the sizes I dreamed if getting to an 18 but am currently a 14!
You don't have to see the weight you hated seeing on the scales ever again and as is definitely a great way of helping you stay in control of that xx

The firsr week I went to sw I'd weighed self at home and was pretty horrified but when I stepped on sw scales I weighed 2 stone more than my rubbish home scales. The number was soooo awful. I just felt ashamed and awful. But totally second what everyone saod, that first weigh in is the worst bit. You've started a wonderful journey and the feeling of havibg taken control and seeing that you can do something about it is amazing and so empowering

Wishing you all the luck in the world

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well I had my first weigh in last week and I lost 6lbs! I feel great, really happy and motivated to carry on. I've got a long way to go but 6lbs is an excellent start!

That's brilliant, well done :)

Back