Extra Easy First week of sw and don't seem to have lost anything

I've just completed my first week of sw on extra easy. Done lots more cooking, used sw recipes, eaten 1/3rd super free religiously, eaten reasonable syns (5-12 per day) and checked my weight this morning and only lost a pound! Is this normal? Love the diet feel like we're all eating much healthier.

I only lost 1lb the first week and was disappointed but picked myself up and it gradually started to get better. I think I lost 1½lb the second week and now lose an average of 2lb a week.

Remember 1lb a week over 52 weeks is still nearly 4st!

I know logically that you're right but somehow I expected something a little more dramatic with 5 stones to lose and a total diet makeover (was eating rubbish before). Will keep on plodding!

I know logically that you're right but somehow I expected something a little more dramatic with 5 stones to lose and a total diet makeover (was eating rubbish before). Will keep on plodding!

I do know where you're coming from. I have at least 5 stone to lose - if not more so I also expected to lose more initially, particularly as my sister lost 5lb the first week and 3lb the second but everyone loses weight differently and the way I see it, as long as I'm not gaining I'm doing ok.

I'm never hungry - and if I am I have a Mug Shot or fruit or cold meat or some syns. I guess I could exercise a bit but at the moment I'm ok with slow and steady.

I think there's an expectation of a huge first week loss and disappointment if it doesn't happen. Personally I aim for a loss of any size and if it happens to be big then great, but even a pound is a pound in the right direction x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi today was my first weigh-in and only lost 1lb, I'm living by the mantra it went on a lb at a time so its got to come off a lb at a time and remember its not a race, the most important thing is for the plan to be stuck as a long term way of eating and for the weight to come off gradually, so if you do stop you don't pile the lbs back on :)

Are you weighing yourself at home?

I have about 5 stone to lose too. My first weigh in I was the same. Lost 1.5lb. My sister who only has about a stone to lose stepped on the scales after me and she lost 3lbs. It was disheartening at first, but it was a loss. I've lost each week since. As long as everything stays on the downward trend ill be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A 1-2lb weekly weight loss is normal, thats what sw go by. I lose weight slowly, and as long as it is coming off, then im a happy gal!

Thanks everyone for the support and as I said will keep going. I've enjoyed the week especially the new recipes and as you say 1lb is a 1lb.yes I'm afraid I did weigh at home just to have a rough idea what to expect tomorrow at weigh in. Kind of glad I did at least now it's not a disappointment :)

A 1-2lb weekly weight loss is normal, thats what sw go by. I lose weight slowly, and as long as it is coming off, then im a happy gal!

^^^^This! SW say you can expect a weight loss of 1-2 lbs a week on EE. It can be disappointing when you don't see a big loss initially but everyone is different and will lose at different rates. Keep plodding on!

You might get a nice surprise tomorrow at wi, your scales could be different, and at a different time of day you weigh differently!

Also, just think, the food you put into your body this week is healthy, good food for your body. Even if you only see 1lb loss at a time, just think of what all those nutrients are doing for your blood, organs, skin, hair, nails etc. No point being skinny with horrible lank hair and spotty skin! ;)

Best of luck at weigh in, slow and steady wins the race!

I've just completed my first week of sw on extra easy. Done lots more cooking, used sw recipes, eaten 1/3rd super free religiously, eaten reasonable syns (5-12 per day) and checked my weight this morning and only lost a pound! Is this normal? Love the diet feel like we're all eating much healthier.

Remember, everything has to be equal... Your body can change in weight quite a lot over the day. Remember though, those big first week losses are not fat, just your body adjusting to the amount of fluids you retain. For some people its a lot some people not.

My observation at my fat club, is that it's the people who lose that one or two pounds every week, week in and week out who have the most success, drip drip drip. The diet does work, have confidence!

Well thats the very last time i'll be weighing at home! Went tonight and actually lost 4lb! Scales are going in the bin. Even more determined now. Thanks everyone for your kind words and support x

Back