First week on SW - no loss :( period weight?

Tetris

Gold Member
Hey guys,

Today marks the end of my first week on EE- I missed the meeting this morning so did a home weigh in and haven't lost anything :( I am on my period though and have read this makes a difference, but still feels sucky as I'd have expected to have had quite a decent loss on the first week.

I have stuck to the plan 100% this week and have barely been hitting 15 syns each day (sometimes not even 5!) because I'm enjoying the free foods and lots of super free too. I've felt like I've been doing well but at the same time didn't think I'd have lost anything- which turns out to be correct!

What were you guys' first week losses like on SW? I've heard some have slower starts than others- could do with some motivational pep talk! (this is my first time on a diet, ever, so am refusing to believe that my body is just saying 'No!' at it :rolleyes:)

Period gain can be anything up to 7 lbs.

Don't give up on the plan. Besides home weigh-in doesn't count. Your scales could be different to the scales at group.

As for me, 1 lb GAIN in my first week. 5 lb LOSS in my second. Here I am, 3 years 3 months later, target member for 10 months and 6 stone 7 lbs lighter.

For this next week, make sure that you keep a food diary. If you don't have a loss next week (at group weigh-in) give your consultant your food diary. They maybe able to spot something that's easily changeable.

It can be quite a common thing for women on there period to not lose that week or the week after, dont ask how i know this haha. Keep your chin up and stick at it you will get the results.

Rome wasnt built in a day :)

It can be quite a common thing for women on there period to not lose that week or the week after, dont ask how i know this haha. Keep your chin up and stick at it you will get the results.

Rome wasnt built in a day :)

Craig ur always straight in there with advice on all the period posts haha!! Makes me wonder lol

To the OP I agree with what everyone says but I wil add that I find I have better losses with I have between 12-15 syns per day! I use most if those syns on chocolate every night!! I think it stops my body thinking I'm starving it of sugar and fat and also keeps my metabolism going. So I would make sure u have 5-10 syns per day. Ur body needs it

I lost half a pound in my first week - then 6 the following! My body appears to be as much of a procrastinator as my mind.:D

Lol!!

When I was having periods I would gain up to 3lbs in that week so just plod on.We were told do a food diary for four weeks and give it to our c so that she could have a look. My first weeks loss was 2.5lbs, second week the same, then settled to 1lb a week, many weeks only half a pound, but here I am 2.5 stone lighter and at target for 12 months now. Try not to think of S W as a diet, it really does become a way of life. You will soooo do this! And you will have great support on here too :)

Thanks all!

I have been keeping a food diary so will hand it in. I haven't been having the syns because I haven't felt I needed them! I'm not a big chocolate person but did have a bit yesterday, and have had a treat when I felt like one :) it doesn't feel like a diet at all- really does feel like a way of life, so I'm definitely not giving up! Thanks for the motivational messages though, think that's really what I needed after feeling a bit glum yesterday.

Also the electronic scales I just bought yesterday are pretty crap and gave me several results, so think I'll be taking those back!

Back