First Week - Pleasantly surprised!!

Quimper

I think this year I've tried every diet ever invented and the whole year has been a horrible time, constantly yo-yoing between different diets, binging and then beating myself up. 3 good days; then a big chocolate or sweet stuff binge; then 2 or 3 days being good again - arrrgggghh! I've never been like this in my life so I'm obviously a bit worried. (Stopped smoking Jan 2011 and been trying to loose the extra weight since Aug 2011)
Weight watchers was my last choice and I joined online on Monday. Had prior to this week been trying hard with Rosemary Conley but honestly struggled trying to keep within her 1200 to 1450 calorie range...even though her diet is really really easy! (200 breakfast, 300 lunch, 400 diner, 200 for milk(s) and 100 for snacks!)

I was reluctant to join WW because of the pro points hassle, and the controversy about the change from the old points (have briefly used ww years ago), to the new propoints.
Firstly - what a great surprise finding out fruit was free too!! I'm not a huge fruit fan, but, being able to snack on fruit has really really helped this week. With RC you have to count it, and you therefore eat it sparingly. I love veg so no problem there.
Secondly - calculating the points - especially via the WW mobile app is easy peasy!!
Thirdly - The 49 extra or treat points is an excellent idea!! I think when WW redid their points system, they must have invested a huge amount of time looking at phsycological (spelling?) ways that that the diet would be motivating and work for its users because for the first time in I don't know how long, I've stuck to a diet for five whole days and I'm now at the weekend enjoying being able to use my extra points for a normal treat fulled weekend; whilst still sticking to the plan :):)
Lastly - Just out of curiosity, I've been counting the calories while I've been doing ww this week, and without realising it, I've only ever eaten between 1200 to 1500 calories each day??!!?.....and I haven't felt hungry compared to when I was suposed to be counting calories. I seriously was convinced that I must be eating way more than I would have been eating if I'd stuck to RC but not at all.

Maybe something has just clicked for me this time, but I really have enjoyed this week and am looking forward to maybe finally shifting a couple of excess stones.
:)

Back