First week weigh in - only lost 0.5lb :( HELP!!

shosho36

Tonight was my first weigh in and I'm not happy..... :-(. I have stuck to the diet rigidly, exercised every night (kettlebells 5 nights, walking 3 or 4 days this week and had a Personal Training session too!). All in all I earned 45 activity points and I still had 28 of my 49 weekly points left. I lost a measly HALF A POUND!!

Ok, I don't have a huge lot to lose (21lb) but I really thought i would lose a bit more on my 1st week. Can any give me any advice? ...thanks xx

Maybe you've gained muscle with exercise? Which weighs more than fat. Stick with it I bet loads will come off next week xx

Here's hoping - actually burst out crying when I got out the class and phoned my bf. feel so disheartened. I'll need to try to stay focused this week - I just wondered if I should be eating more as I'm earning all these activity points? X

i think you have definatley gained muscle x maybe get a tape measure out and see if you have lost any inches around your waist etc.

Don't be disappointed if you aren't getting big losses, you are still losing which is great. A lot of people find that when they don't have much to lose that it takes a while but it will come off. so don't worry and keep at it :) well done with your loss :D

Maybe you've gained muscle with exercise? Which weighs more than fat. Stick with it I bet loads will come off next week xx

I think the same as above! Carry on girl

Tispy said:
i think you have definatley gained muscle x maybe get a tape measure out and see if you have lost any inches around your waist etc.

Don't be disappointed if you aren't getting big losses, you are still losing which is great. A lot of people find that when they don't have much to lose that it takes a while but it will come off. so don't worry and keep at it :) well done with your loss :D

Thanks.... I'm finding it difficult as I'm doing this weight loss with 2 members of my family and they lost 6lb and 5lb - I was actually embarrassed! Yeah well I will get the measuring tape out and see if I'm reducing body shape wise as that's what matters I suppose!

Thanks so far for all your words of wisdom xxx

no problem :) xx

Stay focused, you should be so proud of yourself for all your effort this week x don't forget we are all different and your family members loses don't make your determination and focus any less valuable x it's so easy to give up but you put that extra weight on over a long time do it will take some time to come off x

It could be muscle or water retention from a change of diet or TOTM or anything x

Just be über proud of what you have done x

Hey yea definitely keep at it! How much exercise were u doing before? Cosy out body could be holding onto the energy you're giving it to fuel all the exercise. Keep on with it though you're doin the right stuff!

gemelli said:
Hey yea definitely keep at it! How much exercise were u doing before? Cosy out body could be holding onto the energy you're giving it to fuel all the exercise. Keep on with it though you're doin the right stuff!

I was doing loads over the summer but hardly anything in the winter months cos the weather was so rubbish. So do u thnk that I need to eat more then? Scared to do so I case it has a negative impact and I put weight on? X

yayhelen said:
Stay focused, you should be so proud of yourself for all your effort this week x don't forget we are all different and your family members loses don't make your determination and focus any less valuable x it's so easy to give up but you put that extra weight on over a long time do it will take some time to come off x

It could be muscle or water retention from a change of diet or TOTM or anything x

Just be über proud of what you have done x

Thanks - well it's TOTM but I'm on the implant and they are all over the place the now so I didn't really put it down to that. Oh god knows, I'm just hoping that next week is better! I have a party on friday as well and it's worrying me that I go OTT at the party food and drink wise! :(

do you keep a food diary on the site at all? I would say only use your activity points if you feel you need the energy but its completely up to you if you want to use them or not :)

When it comes to the party just try and make the smart choices food and drink wise or you could fill up on low point soups before going to the party so you wont be tempted to eat as much. You could always earn extra activity points by having a good dance too lol :)

It might sound silly but my friend had a similar experience and well... make sure you go to the loo before you weigh in and don't take on a lot of fluid close to weigh in(only a couple of hrs not all day! She was drinking large cups of tea right up to WI). Once she stopped doing this she started to see success. Maybe you'll have a better week next week.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Hey that’s a loss and a good one at that. You have been doing a lot of exercise this week and Kettlebells is very intense exercise so a lot could be from muscle building up. Have you been eating all your dailys and weeklys? If you are excercising you probably need to up your intake of weeklys a little more.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a great loss next week Hun. Keep at it xxx

I had 28 weeklies left.... I think I'm needing to eat more but don't want to overdo the carbs either - or eat rubbish just to use my points. I could always just drink wine!! Haha

Thanks - well it's TOTM but I'm on the implant and they are all over the place the now so I didn't really put it down to that. Oh god knows, I'm just hoping that next week is better! I have a party on friday as well and it's worrying me that I go OTT at the party food and drink wise! :(

Hormones can actually really mess up weightloss.
This is why people sometimes gain weight when they get the contraceptive pill or implant, because you get more estrogen.

Back