Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

First week - what to shakes/soups to buy?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jillcambridge, 6 November 2010 Social URL.

1. jillcambridge

jillcambridge Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(25.94%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi there,

I am starting CD on Monday.

What would you recommend for a first week - soups/shakes/porridges wise? What do you like?

I'm at work over lunchtime 2 days a week, so was thinking of getting tetras for these days.

Thank you!

Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Hi Jill,
    To start with I tried one of each flavour or so to see if I like it or not. The ones I didn't like I took back to my CDC and she swapped it.

I absolutely love the Strawberry Tetras and the Choc Mint Shakes are absolutely to die for! I am also addicted to the choc bars, but I don't think you can have them till week 3, if I'm correct.
    I also like the Potato and Leek and Veg soups. Don't like the others. I used to like the Apple and Cinnemon porridge, but find that I can't stomach it anymore. Your tastes tend to change quite a bit.
    Hope that helps!
    Good luck for Monday! :)

4. determinator

determinator Banned

yep you do need to try them as everyone like different things ( although everyone seems to love choc mint :D ) , I would go for the shakes you think you will really like , get a few of them , then get 1 each of things you think you may like ... the only one I really dont like is the choclate shakes and the orange choc one , I actually have 2 choc mint and 1 bar a day , but do like most of the others . The soups are ok but i prefer shakes ,and I used to love the A&C porridge but cannot stand it now . You will soon find ones you like , tetras are very handy although they are very strong so I always watered them down if I had them :)

Good luck and hope you find packs you like :)

5. charley24

charley24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It's all about personal choice so it's good to try everything.
    I HATE Tetra's I think they taste horrid! I take shakes to work with my big cup and blender (just £5 from Asda If I remember rightly), I don't like Choc Mint! But I Love Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cappachino, Butterscotch, Toffee and Walnut, Banana....

Don't have any soups as I hate the taste, Love A and C Porridge!

Everyone is different ! I make my shakes up to 3/4 of a pint, about 6 ice cubs and blend - gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

6. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    The tetras are handy, although the first one I had I didn't shake properly and it put me off them for a while, but now I have them the most, just got to remember to shake them.
    I used to like the porridge but i've gone off it a bit.
    The powder shakes are good too but i'm bored of preparing them so having the cartons mainly at the mo.
    On my first week I got 1 or 2 of everything. Ended up giving back some of the soups as I didn't like them much.
    Good Luck!!!!

7. rumbly-tums

rumbly-tums Slowly but surely x

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.06%)
    im boring but easily pleased! Im on 810 and doing really well on it.
    I have two mint choc shakes everyday (I LOVE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART - they are liquid after eights) and I have either an orange or toffee malt bar too which I cut up eand eat through out the day when I feel I have to chew something.
    I was allowed bars from week 1, MY CDC is the best for allowing me this. Im a bit in love with her, but only becuase she is a very caring counsellor

8. jillcambridge

jillcambridge Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(25.94%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks so much everyone.

I've taken the advice on board and am planning to ask for the following (a good range across the board I hope)

Tetras - 2 x choc velvet and 1 each of banana bliss and strawberry silk (4)

Shakes - 1 x cappuccino, 1 x choc mint, 1 x vanilla, 1 x butterscotch, 1 x fruits of the forest, 1 x toffee & walnut and 1 x chocolate orange (7)

Soups - 1 x chicken and mushroom, 1 x leek & potato, 2 x mushroom (love mushrooms!), 1 x oriental chilli, 1 x tomato and 1 x vegetable (7)

Porridges - 1 x original and 2 x apple & cinnamon (3)

21 meals total

Thank you!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.