First week - what to shakes/soups to buy?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jillcambridge, 6 November 2010 Social URL.

1. jillcambridge

jillcambridge Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(25.94%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi there,

I am starting CD on Monday.

What would you recommend for a first week - soups/shakes/porridges wise? What do you like?

I'm at work over lunchtime 2 days a week, so was thinking of getting tetras for these days.

Thank you!

Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Hi Jill,
    To start with I tried one of each flavour or so to see if I like it or not. The ones I didn't like I took back to my CDC and she swapped it.

I absolutely love the Strawberry Tetras and the Choc Mint Shakes are absolutely to die for! I am also addicted to the choc bars, but I don't think you can have them till week 3, if I'm correct.
    I also like the Potato and Leek and Veg soups. Don't like the others. I used to like the Apple and Cinnemon porridge, but find that I can't stomach it anymore. Your tastes tend to change quite a bit.
    Hope that helps!
    Good luck for Monday! :)

4. determinator

determinator Banned

yep you do need to try them as everyone like different things ( although everyone seems to love choc mint :D ) , I would go for the shakes you think you will really like , get a few of them , then get 1 each of things you think you may like ... the only one I really dont like is the choclate shakes and the orange choc one , I actually have 2 choc mint and 1 bar a day , but do like most of the others . The soups are ok but i prefer shakes ,and I used to love the A&C porridge but cannot stand it now . You will soon find ones you like , tetras are very handy although they are very strong so I always watered them down if I had them :)

Good luck and hope you find packs you like :)

5. charley24

charley24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It's all about personal choice so it's good to try everything.
    I HATE Tetra's I think they taste horrid! I take shakes to work with my big cup and blender (just £5 from Asda If I remember rightly), I don't like Choc Mint! But I Love Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cappachino, Butterscotch, Toffee and Walnut, Banana....

Don't have any soups as I hate the taste, Love A and C Porridge!

Everyone is different ! I make my shakes up to 3/4 of a pint, about 6 ice cubs and blend - gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

6. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    The tetras are handy, although the first one I had I didn't shake properly and it put me off them for a while, but now I have them the most, just got to remember to shake them.
    I used to like the porridge but i've gone off it a bit.
    The powder shakes are good too but i'm bored of preparing them so having the cartons mainly at the mo.
    On my first week I got 1 or 2 of everything. Ended up giving back some of the soups as I didn't like them much.
    Good Luck!!!!

7. rumbly-tums

rumbly-tums Slowly but surely x

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.06%)
    im boring but easily pleased! Im on 810 and doing really well on it.
    I have two mint choc shakes everyday (I LOVE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART - they are liquid after eights) and I have either an orange or toffee malt bar too which I cut up eand eat through out the day when I feel I have to chew something.
    I was allowed bars from week 1, MY CDC is the best for allowing me this. Im a bit in love with her, but only becuase she is a very caring counsellor

8. jillcambridge

jillcambridge Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(25.94%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks so much everyone.

I've taken the advice on board and am planning to ask for the following (a good range across the board I hope)

Tetras - 2 x choc velvet and 1 each of banana bliss and strawberry silk (4)

Shakes - 1 x cappuccino, 1 x choc mint, 1 x vanilla, 1 x butterscotch, 1 x fruits of the forest, 1 x toffee & walnut and 1 x chocolate orange (7)

Soups - 1 x chicken and mushroom, 1 x leek & potato, 2 x mushroom (love mushrooms!), 1 x oriental chilli, 1 x tomato and 1 x vegetable (7)

Porridges - 1 x original and 2 x apple & cinnamon (3)

21 meals total

Thank you!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.