First weigh in - 10lbs lost!

treacletreat

Wow, I almost cannot believe it!! I had my first weigh in today and I'm 10lbs lighter! I mean it makes sense that I would be considering I'm only eating about 500 kcal a day but I never expected the change to be that drastic so quickly!

I've decided this week I'll do SS+ for a couple of days and then move on to step 2 as I'm really missing food and have just received some zumba dvds which I want to start doing and think if I'm on a higher step I'll have a bit more energy :)

I'm so happy this is working for me, I've tried other diets in the past but never really stuck to them, well I'm sticking to this one!

Well done on the loss so far.
However, I don't think eating only 500kcals a day is going to do you any good. A couple of lbs at a time is healthy, it's all about changing your eating habits for good. You will put the weight back on a lot more easily as well.

Sorry I didn't see your message for ages! Thanks for your concern (I mean that genuinely), I probably would have said exactly the same thing before this diet but it was one of those things I just had to try. I'm back up to 1000kcal now as I agree with you it's better to lose it slowly and the drastic calorie cut was a good kick start but I want to lose the rest through exercise. Anyway, good luck with yours, I hope your journey's leading you in the direction you want to go! :)

Hi,
welcome and good luck!!

Congrats on your great loss!!!

1,000 calories is a lot better than 500! Although I would say 1,000-1,200 at a minimum. Sounds like you have it all worked out, good luck !

I'm calorie counting but don't think I could survive happily on less than 1500 a day!

Great loss, well done but I agree, less than 1200 calories a day is not too good, MFP reckons on less than that your body goes in to starvation mode, I know the weeks I tried 1100 I had really really low losses

Back