First weigh in ............not happy

nikki_k

Only lost 6lbs :cry:
I say only, i know it is a lot but i'm comparing to the last time i did LT i lost 13lb in the first week and was hoping for the same thing.

I'ts TOTM does that make a big difference, and if so would I have a big loss next week (fingers crossed) also I have been walking at least 3 miles each day - would that make any difference?!

well done with the loss its great

and yes totm makes a difference

Well done on losing 6lb, try not to be disheartened at that, its a really good loss.
TOTM will make a dramatic difference, plus you could be building muscle by all the walking, and muscle weighs heavier than fat. Have you measured yourself, because you have probably lost centimetres. Good luck for next week hun and chin up.

thats really good! dont be upset. Its all good :) well done

:happy096: Well done for your first week. Dont be disappointed you may lose the same again next week. XX

:talk017:

6lbs is great and as ya have had totm then yes ya are probably retaining alot of water. Are ya drinking the recommended amount of water every day? I personally think ya have done great and dont let it get ya down, look at it that its better off than on and still enough to spur ya on to next week, gud luck

I know how you feel! The first time I did Cambridge I lost 1 stone (14lbs) in the first week. This time round I lost 7lbs...

I am on Day 40 today, and have lost 24lb so far. Keep going :) xx

6 lbs is a fantastic loss hun. its 6lbs that you dont have to carry round any more..

have u looked at the picture of 1lb of fat that someone put up???

its bigger that a mug!

so be proud and keep going!

x

Thanks for your replies, it really does help coming on here and hearing the lovely words of support.

I'm drinking at least 4-5 litres of water a day, up through the night on the toilet which drives me insane!

Yeah the pic of 1lb of fat is revolting, i'll have to keep it in my head that i've lost 6 of them!!

Only lost 6lbs :cry:
I say only, i know it is a lot but i'm comparing to the last time i did LT i lost 13lb in the first week and was hoping for the same thing.

Well, unless your body chemistry was exactly the same when you started, no. Plus, some people who have failed at Lipotrim repeatedly find that the body almost gets used to the strict regimen and the rate of loss decreases with every attempt. Your GP/pharmacist could tell you more.

I have been walking at least 3 miles each day - would that make any difference?!

To the rate of weight loss? No, not really. In terms of your health and well being, and toning up, and keeping your metabolic rate from falling too low? Absolutely.

I'm drinking at least 4-5 litres of water a day, up through the night on the toilet which drives me insane!

That's a lot of water. You might want to check with your GP/pharmacist that you're not overdoing it on the water side.

Yeah the pic of 1lb of fat is revolting, i'll have to keep it in my head that i've lost 6 of them!!

Technically, no, maybe not. In week one, you typically lose glycogen and water. Fat burning typically doesn't begin until week two.

It's important to make that distinction, because when you come to the end of the lipotrim program, you have to go onto a refeeding schedule. This will build your bodies glycogen stores back to a reasonable level. If you don't do the refeed properly, you'll run the risk of piling on the glycogen, and glycogen can hold up to five times its weight in water.

People who come off of Lipotrim without doing a refeed can therefore put on about a stone in a week, if they're not careful.

If this isn't clear, ask your GP/pharmacist about it some more, or rewatch the DVD that comes with the program. It's also available to watch/download online.

=====

Added : I see from previous posts of yours that you were on Slimming World towards the end of last year? It's possible that while on S/W you already depleted your glycogen stores.

If that's the case, then your "first" weeks weigh in with Lipotrim *would* in fact be fat burning. In which case, yes, you lost 6lbs of fat (so well done).

Last edited:
Im heading for about the same loss as you - if not less. It sucks when others lose almost a stone in the first week. But i guess everyone is different, As long as your loosing something thats what counts!

Added : I see from previous posts of yours that you were on Slimming World towards the end of last year? It's possible that while on S/W you already depleted your glycogen stores.

If that's the case, then your "first" weeks weigh in with Lipotrim *would* in fact be fat burning. In which case, yes, you lost 6lbs of fat (so well done).[/quote]

Gee, that makes me feel better!Hopefully thats the case.

Although i didnt do so well on the weight loss front, i measured myself today and lost 2.5" on waist, 2" on hips and 2" on each thigh (am thinking i must've measured myself wrong last week!).

Regardless of the numbers gone from the scales, i'm still determined and gonna carry on with my walks and exercise each day, it makes me feel great!

Congrats hun - 6lbs is brilliant! I know what you mean though as I compared my first weigh in weight loss to other people on here that had lost more than me. We are all different though and like everyone else is saying losing weight before starting this may of made a difference to your first weigh in and totm. Your first week weight loss is fab though. xx

i spoke 2 sum1 at LT 2day and they said we shud b drinking ATLEAST 5 ltrs of water a day!! but my chemist said 4. so 4-5 ltrs is gud nikki! x

Who did you speak to? That is simply wrong. There is no way that 5 litres a day is the minimum you should drink. 5 pints, I could see. But litres? Definitely not.

i spoke 2 sum1 at LT 2day and they said we shud b drinking ATLEAST 5 ltrs of water a day!! but my chemist said 4. so 4-5 ltrs is gud nikki! x

I have had this conversation about water before and whoever this person was on LT that told you to drink 5 litres a day should be reported on for giving out wrong and misinterpetted advice. The last time I heard this as well from another person on this website I emailed LT Head Office and they said there was no way that someone would give this information out as it is medically wrong. You only have to look on the LT website yourself and they say 2 litres of water is sufficent. The maximum a person should consume in a day is 4 litres of water including the teas and coffees and water they use for the shakes. Naturally if you are exercising your should consume the amount that you have lost during your workout. Anything more than this is not good for the body or mind. I have known a few patients in the past who have received misguided advice on the consumptation of water and therefore suffered the consquences later on and some who have also died. As everything else you should do everything at your own risk but I certainly wouldn't like to direct you or anyone else in the wrong way.

Back